Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Thinking about racing...LHS says to get RD Logics

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Thinking about racing...LHS says to get RD Logics

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
kgoings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about racing...LHS says to get RD Logics

Buggy rather than spending 600 on the Mugen. Said the Ofna's in that price range (RD Logic) have terrible radios and steering servo's. I have never heard of RD Logic...but then again I have not been in the scene for very long. Is it a decent first racer?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 PM
tonytiger

Default RE: Thinking about racing...LHS says to get RD Logics

i dont know much about the rd logics buggy but if its in the preice range of a ofna then it aint of mugen quality.....the mbx5 prospec is hands down the best car on the market....its also one of the most expensive
Old 01-12-2006, 01:01 AM
cawyman

they can make decent buggies with the right engine and electronics. They are very durable
Old 01-12-2006, 04:35 AM
RC30GTR

Its really not a bad buggy for the money but you will never be competitive with it.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Motohead24

never be competitive with it?i mean no offense but that is a bunch of crap.most if not all of the time the driver not the buggy makes it competitve.take a driver who has a top of the line buggy and drives like crap and put him against someone who drives well.who wins?i have a rd logics sho buggy and could not be more pleased.it is a near copy of a mugen and as a matter of fact alot of mugen parts fit it.whoever thinks it is a peice of crap better take a look at the specs for it.also i believe there is a review of it on this site somewhere.lot of hop up parts already on the buggy that you would have to purchase separate on another buggy.for 300,you cannot go wrong.very durable buggy,i have only broken it one time.broke the shock shaft and the peice where the arm ties into the buggy.very inexpensive and an easy fix.that kinda stuff happens i guess when you aint lined up right for a jump and you land the front wheel directly onto a 4 inch pvc.anyway,i love the buggy and dont just take one persons advice.it is a great deal.lotsa folks have quite a bit of snobbiness stuck in their minds.they like what tey drive or what they wish they had and everything else in the world sucks to them.here is the link to the review

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=588
Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 AM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: Motohead24

never be competitive with it?i mean no offense but that is a bunch of crap.most if not all of the time the driver not the buggy makes it competitve.take a driver who has a top of the line buggy and drives like crap and put him against someone who drives well.who wins?i have a rd logics sho buggy and could not be more pleased.it is a near copy of a mugen and as a matter of fact alot of mugen parts fit it.whoever thinks it is a peice of crap better take a look at the specs for it.also i believe there is a review of it on this site somewhere.lot of hop up parts already on the buggy that you would have to purchase separate on another buggy.for 300,you cannot go wrong.very durable buggy,i have only broken it one time.broke the shock shaft and the peice where the arm ties into the buggy.very inexpensive and an easy fix.that kinda stuff happens i guess when you aint lined up right for a jump and you land the front wheel directly onto a 4 inch pvc.anyway,i love the buggy and dont just take one persons advice.it is a great deal.lotsa folks have quite a bit of snobbiness stuck in their minds.they like what tey drive or what they wish they had and everything else in the world sucks to them.here is the link to the review

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=588

dude the veins on your forehead are about to burst
Old 01-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Hoese37

The RD Logics isnt bad at all. I break way less stuff then the other 1/8's at my track, and im hitting the big jumps fast and hard. Heck, even the 7.5's and 9.5's are breaking more stuff than me. Most people start their buggy on the grass, pick it up, set it on the track nicely and drive away. I start mine on the grass, and drive over the cornice and catch about 3 ft of air right away. The buggy is built tough. Its a little heavy out of the box, but has some aftermarket lightened parts. Plus the RTR servos are the best ive ever seen in an RTR. [link=http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=99300&type=store]Check it out[/link] But seriously, drive it before you rate it.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:47 AM
scrapheep

Dont overlook the most important factor...since the LHS is pushing the SHO...how is thier parts support/supply?
Even the most expensive kits dont last forever, and if you race it ...it will break eventually.

The ability to obtain parts quickly is a big factor when you are deciding on a buggy, if the LHS stocks plenty of replacement parts, then go for it.

Another factor is how many of these cars are racing at your local track? Not a popularity contest, but getting set up information from fellow racers who actually run the same car can be invaluable.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 AM
SkrapIron

I bought the same RD logics SHO for racing this summer, just last week. After reviewing my options, and actually looking at the buggy, there was nothing comparable, within $250.00!

The buggy is a near copy of the Mugen MBX-5, at 1/2 the cost. Most of the parts support is universal, so finding replacements isn't an issue.

The only weak point is the front and rear hinge pin braces. But both are easily replaced with aluminum ones. I didn't like the Airtronics AM radio that came with it, but i have a Futaba 3pm anyway so I bought another crystal and reciever and took care of that shortcomming with the radio's multi-model memory.

The biggest reason I selected the SHO is because of our racing club. The second place driver in last years series, finished 60 points behind the champion.

The champ won with an Ofna Jammin X1 CR Pro, with alot of aftermarket upgrades in the chassis. He had over $2000.00 invested in his buggy. The runner up was a 12 year old girl, who was running a near stock SHO. She had $377.00 invested in her's.

To borrow a brilliant quote: "Racing is 5% what you bring, and 95% how you drive it."
Old 01-13-2006, 09:54 AM
thopper

I have seen many SHO's race here in Southern California.....good buggy...great buggy for the price.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
LeJohn_James_23

I got the RD Logics SHO for Christmas and I am very pleased with it. The thing is tough as nails! I believe it will be a good racer, just have to see in time. The onlything you really have to change on it, IMO, to make it a good racer is tires and maybe the engine. I am so pleased with this buggy, I am going to buy another one and turn it into an Arena Truck (truggy). I am really likeing what RD Logics is doing in the RC world. I hope they keep up the good work.