Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

XTM X-Terminator for Bashing/Light Racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

XTM X-Terminator for Bashing/Light Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 AM
riverat1540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM X-Terminator for Bashing/Light Racing

I just got my new rear diff case in today so im ready to go!!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a aluminum hop-up one next.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:51 PM
riverat1540

Ohh i would be glad to if i knew where to get one this is my third one ive broken front and back, (back twice) where can i get aluminum ones? and btw im in the proccess of a complete teardown for inspection and cleaning and am wondering if there is suppost to be a bend on the chassis in the front where the diff mounts? I think its suppost to be there but im not sure.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 PM
annie_himself

You can get the hop-up at Hobbypeople.net, in fact I just got my spur from them today. The bend in the chassis is supposed to be there.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:53 PM
mydartswinger

What improvements, if any, will the XTM dual chamber tuned pipe make to the car other than change the pipe to black?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:35 AM
aangelet

I bought an XTM this week. I got it used and have no idea what version it is. All I can say is that the turnbuckles are HUGE as are all of the other stress bearing parts. I had lots of trouble with the engine though. I was killing myself trying to start it when it was hot. Popped the string, went to a tiger roto start. Still wouldn't start when hot. I finally pitched it and got an O.S. .21 RG. No more problems.

I'm just kind of sick now because I found a brand new X-term on ebay for $315, shipped. After everything was said and done, I wound up paying more for mine. The only redeeming factor is that I now have an O.S. engine for many carefree days.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:59 AM
ReDLiNe_XxX

They're not a bad buggy.. I'm new to nitro..I'd reccomend it for a starter buggy - great for bashing.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:16 PM
psychorevo

Hey guys,

HELP PLEASE!

I love my X Term but last night, the car would not go WOT becuase the servo wouldn't fully pull the linkage.

Do I need a new servo(maybe a high torque metal) or is something else the problem?

THANKS!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Been running mine today really for the first time since running it in.

Noticed on short grass where we run the grip is amazing, way too much in the corners, it will turn on the spot which is bad for fast corning as it will tip. Any ideas for reducing the over steer and letting the back slide a bit better.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
riverat1540

I really want this upgrade but it seems to be on backorder do u know anywhere else to get the aluminum diff case?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
mydartswinger

Help please. Been messing around with my starter to try to get the thing running again. From the incident where the pull start cord broke, I had enough cord left to re-use. I tried to rebuild it, and got it to work for a few pulls. Unfortunately, after a few tugs on it, it stopped recoiling. I went back to my LHS to see if I could get another pull starter, but they didn't have any, so the owner gave me one that he pulled off of one of his cars. I then went home to install this pull starter, and as soon as I got the motor out of the car, the starter recoiled. When I attempted to install the one from the LHS, I found that it was to large for the X-Term's engine. Why can't I get my pull starter to work? If anyone has any suggestions to fix this issue, please help. Thanks for any replies.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
annie_himself

From what you just typed your current XTM PS works fine.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
mydartswinger

Somehow it was hanging, causing me to have to turn the flywheel to recoil the string. I re-installed it and it worked, again for just a few more pulls. The engine started, but wouldn't stay running long enough to warm up to move it. I kept re-starting the engine, and did so about 5 or 6 times. After it died the last time, the knot in the pull starter released and the handle came off. Unfortunately, my LHS doesn't stock a complete pull starter unit that will fit the X-Term Seems like I'm not supposed to finish breaking this thing in and have fun with it[:@]. At this point, I have half a mind to return it to the store or sell it. Oh, well, this is RC and stuff like this happens. Maybe I can try a new cord.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 AM
UF DUB

break-in using a pullstart is always difficult. be patient and stick with it. the 24.7 is a great engine, youll enjoy it once u get to run it more. i would upgrade to bumpstart whenever u get the chance.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
riverat1540

It seems your pull start could use a squirt of wd40 inside of it this will feep it from hanging up on you and also if you turn the little bolts that hold the pullstart to the motor too tight that could also cause binding and you can use a pullstart off an ofna also like a force 21 it might even be any of their engines.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:26 PM
mydartswinger

Thanks for the replies. Come to find out, my LHS had 3 XTM 24.7 motors and 2 6-port versions, all with pull starters on them. The owner of the shop took one of them off of the standard 24.7 and sold it to me. Before I left the shop, I was able to get the engine started and through another tank of fuel. Hopefully all will go better with the rest of the break in. Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 PM
annie_himself

Good luck. Bad thing is, when I was new my truck would never start in the break in period, so I would gring it to my LHS. I asked them to start it and it fired right up, no complaining. Its like my truck liked them more than me. Crazy huh?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
mydartswinger

Yeah, it's kinda crazy, but I feel the same way. I got it fired up and running twice this evening after my trip to the hobby shop. Ran about another tank and a half through it. When I was running the last tank and a half through it, the first tank went fine. The second tank(the half tank) didn't want to stay running. Every time I would start it and let it run for a minute, then when I would give it throttle and it would die. After about 5 or 6 attempts at this, my ignitor battery died. So I'll have to charge it tonight and try it again tomorrow. Going better now. Still haven't run her with the body on yet, hopefully I will soon.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
annie_himself

Sounds like you have to lean your low end needle, or maybe you idle screw. Lean them both out very little and see if it helps.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
mydartswinger

I'll check that. I haven't quite gotten to where I'm ready to fine tune just yet, but it won't hurt to make some adjustments. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM
annie_himself

No problem, on most engines you have to lean it out a tad to start it and keep it running. Not a big deal.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:24 AM
mydartswinger

I know it won't hurt it. Besides, I've got 3 tanks through it and I should be starting to lean it out anyway. This engine's just a bit more temperamental than my others(HPI Nitro Star .25 on my Savy and Traxxas TRX 2.5 in my 4Tec), as they would stay running all through break in at their rich break in settings. No biggie though.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 PM
annie_himself

Don't lean it out now, 3 tanks is definatly not engouh. Baby this engine to get top performance. You need more like 7-8 tanks or rich settings.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
mydartswinger

I'm not saying lean it out alot for performance, just enough to keep it running right.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
UF DUB

u can lean out your low end needle to keep it running during breakin. i had to do the same thing. u wont hurt the engine as long as its still barely rich and your HSN is rich. the HSN is the main needle u need to worry about, and u sound fine on that one. just lean the LSN till u can at least idle the engine (assuming the idle is set at 1mm open). good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.