Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Team Losi 8ight preview

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:26 AM
tonytiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Team Losi 8ight preview

that thing looks like a hunk of crap......nice job losi
Old 04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
MrScarab

I can't believe people are slamming a prototype photo of a car that is produced by one of the top manufacturers in this hobby. I find it hilarious. Sunday afternoon armchair quarterbacks that couldn't engineer or design a paper cup [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Jeff_OKC
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: repete

do yall really think that this thing will be all plastic in production??

they have prototyping machines that can take a drawing and make it into nylon really quick...much quicker than making molds..or machining..makes making a prototype to see what all ur ideas look like very fast...much faster than one off machining the whole car..yall jump to conclusions quick
Finally someone else with some sense!! Prototype machines are awesome!! I've used a older paper prototyper before which was slow and painful but still very cool, lets you take a CAD drawing and simply cut it out layer by later till it's complete!! They newers plastic prototypers are amazing! No doubt they used that to make the buggy! It only makes sense from a $$ stand point...
Old 04-08-2006, 11:15 AM
All The Way

from a post on starting grid
Plastic towers" = pre-production prototype.

I talked to Gary Kyes at Losi and he was pretty upset that those photos
made it out at all. Regardless, he said a TON of the materials on that
buggy are purely prototype.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
dockman2

It cracks me up that every time prototype photos are posted for something new you have a whole group of Monday morning quarterbacks bashing any little detail they can find. Gil Losi Jr has been designing RC cars longer than most of these guys have been alive! Its not like he dosnt test these things and make changes if something dosnt work as well as he wanted. Thats why its called a "PROTOTYPE"!
Who cares if a part IS made of plastic in the end if it works. I see people bend aluminum shock towers etc all the time from their driving, or lack thereof. I also see the majority of cars made from plastic that hold up fine to severe abuse.
Lets try a new approach and actually wait until the buggy is finished, put on the market, and actually driven to whine about it.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its still hideous

LOL we'll just have to wait & see
Old 04-08-2006, 12:51 PM
All The Way

it don't have to look pretty..all it has to do is get the job done
Old 04-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Metalhack

ORIGINAL: MrScarab

I can't believe people are slamming a prototype photo of a car that is produced by one of the top manufacturers in this hobby. I find it hilarious. Sunday afternoon armchair quarterbacks that couldn't engineer or design a paper cup [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Why cant you believe it? People are voicing there opinion on what they see. What do you expect them to say based on whats available to them. It was not too smart of Losi to let those pics get out IMO.

I do believe when released it will be better, in fact maybe even revolutionary based on design. It certainly is not a copy of anything I have ever seen. YOu have to give them props for that.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: Metalhack

Why cant you believe it? People are voicing there opinion on what they see. What do you expect them to say based on whats available to them. It was not too smart of Losi to let those pics get out IMO.

I do believe when released it will be better, in fact maybe even revolutionary based on design. It certainly is not a copy of anything I have ever seen. YOu have to give them props for that.

Losi didn`t "let" the pics get out . someone that was trusted obviously snuck them out .
Old 04-08-2006, 03:34 PM
RC-Drift UK

Well I know one thing, all the Team Losi drivers currently driving other cars won't be for much longer
Old 04-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Metalhack

ORIGINAL: Dawman

Losi didn`t "let" the pics get out . someone that was trusted obviously snuck them out .
Again...not too smart!

I am sure that the final will be a nice buggy though.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:28 PM
MrScarab

Again...not too smart!

It was very smart, a good move to get buzz going. Look at all the talk on the various forums.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I agree , I think the final product will be nice and look forward to seeing it .
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Metalhack

Again...not too smart!

It was very smart, a good move to get buzz going. Look at all the talk on the various forums.
Good point....there is a lot of talk everywhere.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:00 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

When Ofna made a first buggy the prototype was crap and nothing like the released product .
when are people going to get it through their heads that OFNA DOES NOT MAKE ANYTHING AT ALL!!!! OFNA BUYS PRODUCTS FROM HONG NOR AND HOBAO, THEY DO NOT BUILD ANYTHING!

with that rant aside, it definitely has an XXX-4 look to it with the body on. I'm interested in how this thing does...not the least bit interested in owning one, but we'll see how it performs
Old 04-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Super_Dave

I think ofna does make the crappy buggies that they sell don't they? Like the ravager, mbx, and LX correct me if I'm wrong please .

Even in the other thread I see people saying its a piece of crap. I don't think they know who Gil Losi Jr. is do they?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:36 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

the Ofna buggies you named are all based on the Hong Nor 9.5

and yes, they do suck
Old 04-09-2006, 09:05 AM
bentgear

Even in the other thread I see people saying its a piece of crap. I don't think they know who Gil Losi Jr. is do they?
Most folks don't understand some of the weird stuff that shows up in product developement, especially during the testing phase. Things get done quick and cheap, you hav eto wonder how many differnt variations they have already been thru. Its a test, not an endurance race at this point. That said, a pro level driver might just take this fragile piece of crap and kick their butts in an hour long main. This is why Losi is upset the pics got out.

Ed M.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: bentgear

Most folks don't understand some of the weird stuff that shows up in product developement, especially during the testing phase. Things get done quick and cheap, you hav eto wonder how many differnt variations they have already been thru. Its a test, not an endurance race at this point. That said, a pro level driver might just take this fragile piece of crap and kick their butts in an hour long main. This is why Losi is upset the pics got out.

Ed M.
Yup, I wouldn't care if they don't release it untill next year as long as it is a step up from any other 1/8 buggy out there. The hyper 8 was in development for 2 years wasn't it? Even though its very difficult to impove on the 1/8 buggy design you can just losi's doing it by finding better ways to place anything on the chassis. I'm willing to bet this buggy will be one of the top buggies out there when its released.

Thank you for correcting me thunderbird .
Old 04-09-2006, 08:07 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I like this buggy. It looks very interesting.

And did you notice that the front radio box, which holds the receiver, is screwed down instead of using body clips? I like it. And the more centered motor is also nice. I can't wait to see the final production pictures of this thing.

And all you bashers, quit assuming this thing is going to have everything pictured on it. I doubt it will have the plastic braces and towers. But think about it, look how strong the shock towers are on the LST. I have yet to break one, yet it's plastic. And also, I think Losi did an excellent job making a new 1/8 buggy. Most of the others look like copies of eachother, with a few changes.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:31 PM
crotolus

i think i will keep my mugen prospec
Old 04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
dockman2

ORIGINAL: crotolus

i think i will keep my mugen prospec
Cool! Do you feel better now that you got the chance to tell everyone you have a Prospec? That took some deep thoughts.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:06 AM
RCtruckRacer

Man, I had no idea everyone would have such strong opinions about this buggy! No need to speculate on its quality or lack thereof until release, I think its totally cool that we finally have an 1/8 scale buggy that is 100% USA design. Now its time for Associated to step up to the plate!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:38 AM
RC30GTR

I dont see how they gonna change the plastic to metal. If you look at it, it is impossile for make aluminum into those shapes. Not to mention once they change the material, the setup on the car will be different = completely different car..

A losi buggy will most likley cost $600+.. i can see why they try to use plastic to cut cost

cool design though.... very different
Old 04-10-2006, 01:16 AM
All The Way

OMFG
it's a prototype

the towers will be aluminum
from www.wnyrcinfo.com
ORIGINAL: Keith Billant
Talked to Hodge today briefly about that car and the towers will be aluminum. Plastic is much easier to prototype with. For that matter.. most of that car is prototype..

KB
I dont see how they gonna change the plastic to metal. If you look at it, it is impossile for make aluminum into those shapes. Not to mention once they change the material, the setup on the car will be different = completely different car..
like i said prototype
anything is possible with a cnc mill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.