Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Team Losi 8ight preview

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
RCtruckRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Losi 8ight preview

Here ya go, hijacked these from another forum:

Old 04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
ttr_dude

Default RE: Team Losi 8ight preview

OMG! are they plastic shock towers[X(][X(][X(]
2 Radio boxes ?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soo much plastic...
Makes me think its a RTR with a P5. I like the linkage but its too much plastic even for a prototype.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
XrayRacer

Typical losi plastic crap!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
ttr_dude

Yeah is it me or does it look like they have stolen JConcepts shell design an tweaked it abit
looks like a plastic servo tray too
ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Soo much plastic...
Makes me think its a RTR with a P5. I like the linkage but its too much plastic even for a prototype.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Too much plastic. Will not consider it at all.

Cool dual radio box-design!

looks... cheap. really.

PS I'm Back!
Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
ttr_dude

Yeah ill second that i was really looking forward to this, but for god sakes too much way tooo much plastic , servo tray, the shock towers[&o] there going to snap with the slightest crash[:'(]
Old 04-07-2006, 03:34 PM
MrScarab

NEVER underestimate losi, you guys talk like they are new kids on the block
Old 04-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Haulin bass

In 1/8th buggy they are, lets hope its no so plastic fantasic when its released because it looks like a turd right now.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
MrScarab

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

In 1/8th buggy they are, lets hope its no so plastic fantasic when its released because it looks like a turd right now.
Ya Losi has no clue [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
XrayRacer

Toy
Old 04-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Haulin bass

have you driven an 1/8th scale buggy before? ever crashed on?, Ive taco'd 4mm 7075 shock towers like nothing Ive seen xxx4s snap there plastic towers like twigs, common snece tells you a plastic shock tower on a 7lb car thats out in the open wont hold up.
Hence why I said lets hope its a prototype.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
p0u1burke

what's that 99% plastic, if i drove that it would be broking on my first tank yes in the run-in when you need to drive slow,a speed bump would break thous shock towers.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
A.B.U

I like it... I hope they come out with aluminum upggrades though.

Haha I was going to post this over here but I guess ya beat me to it, dude.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:44 PM
DominLST

You guys crack me up......you see a dozen pictures and declare it junk and a rip off.......it is a Losi so I am sure they will have all the necessary kinks worked out before release.
I am going to hold judgement till a production model is out but I did want to say go USA as this is the first American made buggy.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:48 PM
MrScarab

ORIGINAL: DominLST

You guys crack me up......you see a dozen pictures and declare it junk and a rip off.......it is a Losi so I am sure they will have all the necessary kinks worked out before release.
I am going to hold judgement till a production model is out but I did want to say go USA as this is the first American made buggy.
Finally someone with common sense, geez
Old 04-07-2006, 04:51 PM
A.B.U

you guys notice how the drive train is offset? And Im guessing that 2nd "box" is for a hump pack.. I can see where a flat pack goes.

Im lookin foward to its release.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
SManMTB

Looks like the engine is placed more in the center. That would be the reason for the offset.
Not sure about the cover of the center diff. Stones could get stuck in there.
Doesn't look like it has a lot of adjustments for shock position and roll center
Not a big fan of 2 separate boxes for battery and Rx.
I don't like where the outlet on the fuel tank is located.

Besides that it looks good I guess.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
ringneck

ahahah i computer must have cooties or something i cant get the pics to come up any help?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:27 PM
kx250ryder

Umm, how can you tell that stuff is plastic? If you look at Losi's electric vehicles, their plastic parts look just like their graphite parts. Well, other than the white word "graphite" printed on it, which probably wouldn't be printed on a pre-production prototype. Often they use molded graphite, they don't just use the woven type. Look at the kits on their site. The graphite is a grayish color that is speckled just like the "plastic" everyone sees in the pictures of the 8ight.

I highly doubt that a company like Losi would roll out a clunker as their first ever-in-20-long-damn-years 1/8th buggy offering. Especially since every other field of surface R/C they are in has a championship winning kit (except maybe the LST, I don't know much about monster trucks). But even that behemoth seems better designed than alot of its competitors.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:31 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

Umm, how can you tell that stuff is plastic? If you look at Losi's electric vehicles, their plastic parts look just like their graphite parts. Well, other than the white word "graphite" printed on it, which probably wouldn't be printed on a pre-production prototype. Often they use molded graphite, they don't just use the woven type. Look at the kits on their site. The graphite is a grayish color that is speckled just like the "plastic" everyone sees in the pictures of the 8ight.

I highly doubt that a company like Losi would roll out a clunker as their first ever-in-20-long-damn-years 1/8th buggy offering. Especially since every other field of surface R/C they are in has a championship winning kit (except maybe the LST, I don't know much about monster trucks). But even that behemoth seems better designed than alot of its competitors.
You're right.. look at the AD2.. looks like plastic but thats graphite..
Old 04-07-2006, 05:36 PM
MrScarab

Ahhh words of wisdom. I remember all the nonsense talk when the RC10 came out and dominated then losi hit the scene. Losi is quality, period!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:07 PM
MONTFJ40

FINALLY SOME INNOVATION!!!! I LOVE THE BIG SHOCKS...MY NEXT BUGGY IF IT LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE ABOVE.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Metalhack
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MrScarab

Ahhh words of wisdom. I remember all the nonsense talk when the RC10 came out and dominated then losi hit the scene. Losi is quality, period!
I must have different pics than you guys. That thing looks awful. Composite,graphite, plastic....whatever theres not enough beef there. Those shock towers are pathetic. I do like the low profile and the engine placement. Other than that it looks like it should say Radio Shack on it...seriously. I hope a lot of people at my track buy that thing because it will be an easy year!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
darthballs

i like how narrow it looks. it looks like they tried to incorporate the low polar moment of inertia design like they did on the jrxs. everything looks like its as close to the center of the chassis as possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.