Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 PBS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 PM
re270

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 PBS

I am new to the 1/8 Scale Buggies, I only have a monster truck and a 1/10 scale stadium truck. I only race and the 1/8 scale buggy has the largest following at my local track so I bought a buggy on ebay because it seemed like a great deal. Its a Hyper 7 PBS w/ a O.S. V-Spec in it (All brand New), after winning the bid I started my research, kinda backwards lol, and from what i've found it a beginner buggy. What I would like to know is can I add on to this buggy to make it more along the lines of a pro buggy, or would it be more money than its worth?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:58 AM
ILIKE3D

Default RE: Hyper 7 PBS

The Hyper 7 isnt a begginers buggy its more of an intermediate buggy.. and it has been around for year so there are alot of hop ups around for it and it can easily be turned into a Higher End buggy but again in racing its 80% driver 20% car so really i would just be happy with what you have tune it right sert it up correctly and race till the wheels come off of it and when you find that you cant compete with the other buggies in your class then start upgrading.. You have a great chassis and a great Motor so start from there and have fun..

I have the Hyper 7 as well i love the thing and i find it very competitive on the track when tuned correctly
Old 05-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Zonk

I've had my PBS for 2-3 years. Good little buggy.

I'd rate them as beginner to Intermediate. They are easy to setup, the .21 pull start has decent power, the stock AM radio and servos should be thrown out ASAP though and its best to buy a electric starter for them. Quite a few hotups available.

I recently bought a Cen Matrix which I think is a little more hardcore at the racing scene, the Hyper 7 is a bit heavy and slow around the corners, but its a well proven buggy and for club racing its a good buy
Old 05-06-2006, 06:10 AM
re270

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:29 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Do waste your money on gimick items like carbon fiber radio tray and shock towers. The best race option for your Hyper 7 is to get the C-hub conversion and get rid of the PBS. That will improve the cornering for it.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 AM
vti-chris

I wouldn't change the PBS no matter what others say.
It's much more durable than the C-hub and as for turning it's all in the setup.
Note also that the rear C-hub is NOT adjustable while PBS is.
Plus Mugen has PBS up front so...!
As for it as a beginners buggy... i wouldn't say that.
It's all up to the driver and the engine.BUT more on the driver.If you have a smooth buggy which drives around the track without oversteering or understeering with a good engine it's all you'll ever need.
AND the Hyper 7 PBS if setup correctly it can be one of these buggies.AS all other buggies need the right setup to be able to win.
And just to let you know,i've raced against mugen prospec,Kanai II and Kanai III(my brothers),when i first bought the hyper 7 and didn't know how to set it up correctly, i had major oversteer while others were driving like "crazy".After i searched around i found the right setup and now with my V-spec i'm among the fastest(if not the fastest!!!!).

So keep your buggy it's among the best buggies around and you have a very good engine to push you at the top positions.
Try it at the track and tell us how it performs.And if you need anything about it just ask!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 PM
re270

Thats good to hear, we have a very small 100' x 50' tight techinal track at our club and steering is a huge issue. After reading you responses and talking to the guys at the track this afternoon, I believe I have come to the conclusion that I will race the Hyper 7 after adding a couple good servos to it, I doubt the rtr servos are worth their salt. Other than servos, tires and diff oil I don't know what other upgrades I'll need. What is the difference between the PBS and the PCR?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:36 AM
vti-chris

Lay down servos.

DON'T even bother.
I have the PCR and it's a $#@%%^%$* to change the servos if something happens,especially on a race day.

Get a set of good servos to begin with, a good set of tires(look at what others run at the track), good fuel is also important( i personally prefer 25%nitro either model technics 10%oil or sidewinter 12%oil).
I haven't broken a thing on my hyper except one rear upright when running at very low temps and the plastics are hard.
You might consider changing the dogbones with universals.That's the only upgrade i'm gonna do on my car.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:20 AM
hasminor

guys i am also in the market for the hyper pbs , and the jammin xi rtr .the ofna site has very little comparable info, the only feed back was from a shop in england whom thye prefer the PBS to X1 due to its weight.Plaese advice and your views will be greatly appreciated.
[8D]any thanks ALL
Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
vti-chris

Due to weight????
Isn't the hyper 7 heavier than the jammin???
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
rc_drift

Hyper buggy dedicated forum now online

http://hyperbuggy.17.forumer.com

support these great buggies by registering and become a part of the community !!!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Firefighter7

I have a Hyper 7 PBS it was my first Buggy. It's very durable!!!!! I have crashed into so many things and flipped it so many times it's not even funny Havn't broke a single part!!!!! This thing is tough!!!!![:@] But now it will be my back up car cause I just ordered a Hyper 8 pro today
Old 06-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Rs43EVOman

Hey VTI-CHris, I have the PCR, and im getting into racing, ive already got a nova engione a,d JP-2 pipe, but i would really like a few pointers on the set-up. I know that set-up need to be different for different tracks, but if you ould help with somewhere to start that would be awesome. Right now ive got a little bit of toe out in the front, and have touched the toe in the rear. I modded the rear sway bar so it would fit the front, and i have the stock rear sway bar in the back. Apart from that every thing is stock excpet for 7 worth of shock clips in the front, and 6 in the rear. I really could use some help getting this car to turn better. I alsdo have a 94358Z steering servo so it has to be the set-up that is hurting my steering.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 AM
gerwen

ORIGINAL: vti-chris

I wouldn't change the PBS no matter what others say.
It's much more durable than the C-hub and as for turning it's all in the setup.
I second this opinion.
I couldn't finish a race with my c-hub pro. Bottom kingpin screw would tear out of the knuckle. Tried the CNC knuckles, tried Kyosho knuckles. PBS front kit is now in the mail.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
re270

Well I gave my son the buggy to race with a Nova Rossi motor and its awesome. He is doing great with it. It has seen some pretty acrobatic crashes and the only thing that happened was the set screw the holds the tuned pipe bracket backed out. Other than that it’s all good.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Rs43EVOman

As I said in my post right abve, i could really use a place to start from to tune this buggy. Ive never really gotten srious about tuning, but after seeing how my PBS runs now i would like to make it even better. Ive already gotten things sorted out in the engine department. The thing is, right now i dont know whjat all these different tuning adjustments, do and what each of there pros and cons are, and when to use them, but i know i used to have a very in-depth tuning guide saved to my PC, and I REALLY need a link to one of those so i can print it out so when i go to my loacl track, i know what adjustments to make.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Rs43EVOman

As I said in my post right abve, i could really use a place to start from to tune this buggy. Ive never really gotten srious about tuning, but after seeing how my PBS runs now i would like to make it even better. Ive already gotten things sorted out in the engine department. The thing is, right now i dont know whjat all these different tuning adjustments, do and what each of there pros and cons are, and when to use them, but i know i used to have a very in-depth tuning guide saved to my PC, and I REALLY need a link to one of those so i can print it out so when i go to my loacl track, i know what adjustments to make.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:40 PM
dan-marks

i have broke my hyper 7 PBS in about 8 months ago...havnt even driven it after breaking it in due to weather then i have gone away on a 6 month deployment as i am in the navy...bak in 10 days tho so i cant wait to get it out and let it rip!!!

hyper 7 PBS is an awesum buggy...damn fast engine that comes with it tooo
Old 06-20-2006, 06:48 AM
gerwen

Engine tuning:
http://www.rcracersedmonton.com/rcra...Engine101.aspx

Car Handling:
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

Summary you can print from above:
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/bug/print.htm
Old 06-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Rs43EVOman

Thank you that syuspension one was the one i had before, but all my bookmarks fgot deletd, WOw those are really helpful whoever put the time in to make these.. THANKS!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:13 PM
dan-marks

do you guys think it will be a while til the phase the hyper7 out as the hyper8 is now out?

i will be racing my PBS in 11 days shall let you guys know how i get on!

dan
Old 02-17-2009, 06:57 AM
J4K3SHNEG

I know this is kind of an old thread but i keep breaking the steering knuckles, do you think i should just get the cnc ones or save up and get the PBS conversion?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Mufasa_719

PBS Is what i would go with. Dont know why everyones bags on the PBS. Even with a PBS set-up you loose a lil steering but for he3lp in the corners set up the brakes for a lil more in the rear and it should be no problem
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 AM
J4K3SHNEG

Oh okay im not a racer so getting the most speed isnt everything what i want is something thats tougher to do jumps and stuff
Old 02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
jonnymac

CNC knuckles for sure. It offers much more steering and will not break like the cast ones.
Cheap on ebay too as the hyper 8 ones are a straight fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.