Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Who knows?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who knows?

Hi everyone, I'm from Aust and I will be in L.A (Santa Monica) for 36 hours on a stop over.

What I am lookin for is any information that can help me find a good R/C store in the area that I will be staying in or one that is near.

I won't have my own transport, so I need the information of anyone who knows the location of good R/C shops where I can get some gear.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Who knows?

I guess no one knows.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Don't know, but I do know if you have somebody to send it to you can pick it up from there. Thats what I did (sort of)
    Xray XB8 TQ, Hyper 7 TQ, Monster GT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How close do want the shop to be? Sanat Monica is not close to the major area(s) of the rc world in Southern California. There are two tracks in the Burbank area SV and Hot Rod Hobbies. There is a good shop call Pacific Hobbies in the LA are somewhere...look up web site. but I have never been there. With only 36 hours I would not attempt to go anywhere for fear of missing you outbound flight. I live about 125 miles from Sanat Monica and that is still considered in the socal area. I do not think it is worth the effort for you except to kill time. Most of the good tracks and hobby shops are 50-100 miles from Sanata monica.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitrohouse is in Irvine, its about an hour away according to Mapquest.

EDIT: Nitrohouse is in the same building as OFNA headquarters, maybe you can get a tour or something.
    \". . . the same thing we do every night Pinky, try and take over the world.\" -- Brain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One hour per mapquest is 3 hours LA time, traffic is HORRIBLE!!! The round trip could be 5-7 hours or 2 hours no telling. Itried to go 60 miles today and gave up after two hours, turned around and wenrt home.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea, man try yellowbook.com and search. i rember when i went to cali like 10 years ago, everywhere took an hr or more t drive to its better to walk a half hour than drive for two hahaha