Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Who knows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Crash from Oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows?

Hi everyone, I'm from Aust and I will be in L.A (Santa Monica) for 36 hours on a stop over.

What I am lookin for is any information that can help me find a good R/C store in the area that I will be staying in or one that is near.

I won't have my own transport, so I need the information of anyone who knows the location of good R/C shops where I can get some gear.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Crash from Oz

Default RE: Who knows?

I guess no one knows.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 AM
jonnymac

I Don't know, but I do know if you have somebody to send it to you can pick it up from there. Thats what I did (sort of)
Old 06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
thopper

How close do want the shop to be? Sanat Monica is not close to the major area(s) of the rc world in Southern California. There are two tracks in the Burbank area SV and Hot Rod Hobbies. There is a good shop call Pacific Hobbies in the LA are somewhere...look up web site. but I have never been there. With only 36 hours I would not attempt to go anywhere for fear of missing you outbound flight. I live about 125 miles from Sanat Monica and that is still considered in the socal area. I do not think it is worth the effort for you except to kill time. Most of the good tracks and hobby shops are 50-100 miles from Sanata monica.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:37 PM
kx250ryder

Nitrohouse is in Irvine, its about an hour away according to Mapquest.

EDIT: Nitrohouse is in the same building as OFNA headquarters, maybe you can get a tour or something.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
thopper

One hour per mapquest is 3 hours LA time, traffic is HORRIBLE!!! The round trip could be 5-7 hours or 2 hours no telling. Itried to go 60 miles today and gave up after two hours, turned around and wenrt home.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 AM
wallboy

yea, man try yellowbook.com and search. i rember when i went to cali like 10 years ago, everywhere took an hr or more t drive to its better to walk a half hour than drive for two hahaha