Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 AM
gasboatracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

first 2nd hand truck, the guy i got it had left me some fuel in the tank, and changed the lines so the fuel went back into the tank and not the engine, i spent 2 day trying to find out what was going on, i got so pissed off, even started to go off at the guy got it from,
Old 08-08-2006, 04:32 AM
dicko

i'll have to remember that trick. i know some people who'll never figure it out.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:41 AM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

WOT into a gum tree..... I swear it went 6 foot in the air and almost landed on me!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
hn racing

lol,ive done alot
=my new engine i revved it to the max fo 10 secs on my fist tank[&:]
=connecting the fail safe to the sterring servo
=left the glow plug in the igniter and dropped the thing on my car seat=big black hole
=buying it... joking
=didnt secure battery pack
=ran in front of a mbx5 at full pelt while marsheling
thats about it...for now[>:]
Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM
jonnymac

Old 08-08-2006, 03:42 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

Got to the track and and nailed it down the straight. I glanced down the straight then back to the buggy (or where it should have been) and it just wasn't there. I must have had the most confused look on my face wonder where on earth my buggy was, a couple of seconds later i saw a wheel bouncing around on the and relised i'ld done something stupid and then the dust blew away and there was my buggy minus 3 wheels. I have a real bad habit of putting the wheel nuts on buy hand after cleaning the buggy and not rembering to tighten them before driving.

I rember another guy who was out at the track one day for 3-4 hour the day before a race trying to get his buggy to run. It would take forever to get it running it would run fine then not restart again, then it would start idle like crap and stall as soon as he pickup the revs, the 15 minutes later it would start run fine then do the same thing again. he put in new glow plugs, fue,l fuel tank, lines, then a different engine, all the same results. eventually the oversized battery that he charged the night before in the starter box went flat and the ten or so guys trying to help him out all discovered he had it wired backwards. It was actually firing in reverse and sometimes running backwards and sometimes bouncing back in the right direction.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM
darthballs

here is a very recent dumb one. the battery in my bump box was reversed so every time i went to start my car it was driving in reverse. i was scratching my head for about an hour trying to fiqure it out.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:06 PM
1/8racer

ok........the engine was flooded with fuel from being upside down ....i take off the plug.....look straight down into the motor....and .....yank ON THE PULL START....WHOOSH....fuel goes straight into my eye
Old 08-08-2006, 11:47 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

was breakin in my buggy and everytime i try revving it the buggy would barely move. i figured it was the clutch so i went in a rebuilt and cleaned it. it did it again so i took it in rebuilt it again....then after that it STILL did it again, but i noticed some gain of distance, but still stalled. i realized my engine was too rich....overall this process took about 6 hours...holy crap.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:34 AM
damon jato

well mine were with my glow plug ignighter once i was trying to start my car for about 10mins i missed the race then i looked at the gage on the ignighter it was dead i was spewen and the other time i started my car and took off i wandered where my ignighter was because it wasnt in my pocket looked at the car their it was still in the motor so i drove the car back and took her out i felt real stupid
Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
dracohowe

well this is with an rs4 but i'll say it anyways. i had my car tuned really rich for drifting so it won't overheat and the fuel was actually dripping off the bottom but i didn't care. 5 runs later my clutch bell would spin so would the spur but my car would barely move at all untill i layed off the throttle then it would move around 10 feet. so i checked both diffs and everything and finally reliezed the fuel dripped onto my motor mount screws and loosened them to the point that i lost a screw and my motor had perfect geatr mesh untill i gave it throttle. then the engine would come off the spur and spin freely. omg that pissssed me off
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM
franchise

i remember reading about a kid's christmas his little brother tried cleaning his car up. when the older brother started up the car the engine/or clutch actually turned a different color. apparently his little brother thot that the engine needles were some sort of screw that needed to be tightened
Old 08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
darthballs

im amazed that it started considering it had no fuel going to it.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Zonk

Tried the old 'starting it with a empty tank' a few times

Also when I had my RC10, I drive it through a puddle when my brain was elseware, car went 2 more meters then stopped, killed the ESC
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Damin69

that last post reminded me of one day I was out running my RC10 on a parking lot had a modifed motor in with adjustable timing and motor bell came loose fell out and the brushes snaped together and shorted out speed control and fried a battery. TAlk about smoke was almost fire conditions.

The other stupid thing that happened was My dad and I were Drag raceing in the roller rink that we ran our track in. it had real hard concrete walls. well My dad was running my RC10 the Stock Alluminum gold Chassis. I was running his Tamya Thunder shot. Well we got about 5 feet from the wall I spun his car around and he slambed my FULL throttle into the wall.. My front wheels were bent up. The chassis in the front had a bout a 15 degree upward bend in it..... Needless to say He never ran my RC10 again and I got a nice new Graphite chassis the next week.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
jhop13

I just got my first nitro buggy yesterday. Tried to start my break-in without a battery in my glow starter. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out my stupidity. First day and I've already pulled a nice one. My relationship with my buggy is going to be scary.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Let my Mayhem run a little lean. Got it up to 490 degrees. I had to go 2 turns out, and I got it down to 290, and I couldn't get it any richer without the engine dying. It still runs, but I have to pour nitro fuel down the carb before starting it, other wise it will not start
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM
1/8racer

that IS VERY CLOSE TO THE POINT OF METAL MELTDOWN
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 AM
MBX5T Maniac

And another time, when I first got the engine, the filter kept falling off, and I'm like, what the hell, let's keep driving. Not the best idea. Had to take the engine apart, and use a solvent to clean it out. It ran better than it had when I got it. LOL

And yes 1/8, I was surprised that the piston hadn't melted. It was scary. I richened it out 2 turns right away, and then another 1/2 turn. [X(]
Old 08-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Coopz

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Let my Mayhem run a little lean. Got it up to 490 degrees. I had to go 2 turns out, and I got it down to 290, and I couldn't get it any richer without the engine dying. It still runs, but I have to pour nitro fuel down the carb before starting it, other wise it will not start

Most impressive, and I thought the Matrix's could boil a egg
Old 08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
darthballs

ooh ooh here is a good one and i even have pics. wasn't really something i did but it was more of the lack of something i did. i forgot to check my wires the day before my first race with my new buggy. and this was the end result. i guess i had a short somewhere so about 3 seconds after plugging in the battery and closing the radio box i started to smell electrincs frying from my buggy so i threw it out the window so as not to burn the house down. my buggy was fine but my battery wasn't and all i had was a hump pack. so the next day i ran with a hump pack zip tied to my mud guard.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:26 AM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: arghh

i not do this dumb thing but saw my friend did it... first time he participate on racing and manage 2nd place on E-main final..so this fellow very excited, he jump and jump on the drivers stand without knowing he also pull the transmitter trigger..(his pitcrew didnt collect his car, shut off the engine and turn off the rx).. so his car full throttle gone crazy and "BANGGG" to the fence..broke front arm and bend the shock shaft hahahaa..

things like that will keep you in the e main..........
Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
MBX5T Maniac

lol.

So true, so true
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
kx250ryder

I like that radio/battery box in your XRAY. I have been looking at several different kits for a different box to replace mine, which doesn't allow much possibility for installing a custom 5 cell AA pack. By leaving the lid off of your battery box, that would work perfectly. I may try stuffing that XRAY unit into my 9.5 Pro whose radio box sucks and can't hold a battery at all unless you have a micro receiver, or use an external flat pack holder instead.

EDIT: Does it say XRAY anywhere on it though? If so, is it flat and smooth such that I could cover it with a sticker?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
darthballs

yea it does say x-ray across the battery cover. and there is a big x on the reciever cover. good box though it wasn't melted at all after that whole misshap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.