Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Coopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

Just wondering whats the biggest stuffup/mistake/downright braindead thing you have done to your rc car?

I've had a few like not fastening the battery pack to the car, then crying as my car goes off at fullspeed into a tree, starting the car with the radio turned off and the throttle wide open.

Biggest one was today... failed to fasten the aircleaner properly, came off on a dusty track, I reckon my Vspec swallowed a lot of dirt... oh the joy of doing a engine rebuild...
Old 08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
nabanta

Default RE: Dumbest thing you have done with your buggy?

This was when I first got my tmaxx in 2004. I tried starting the engine for probably about half an hour and the thing just wouldn't start and my battery pack was dead for the ez start. So while the ez start battery was charging I was looking over my truck to figure out what was wrong I noticed it....I forgot to fill the up the fuel tank[&:]
Old 08-07-2006, 12:13 PM
dryvr

My first buggy was an ofna lx pro. I had run it the day before I was showing it off to my parents. I was doing donuts in some sand when my engine went "EEEEEEEEEEEEEERRWW"! I took the body off and realized I had forgoten to put the air filter on after cleaning it and my new force .25 was now full of sand. [] Guess I should've finished reading the first post. oh well
Old 08-07-2006, 12:59 PM
cod

i got into the A final last saturday and car felt good, went to start her up for the final, its not firing up!
i checked glow plug, compression, fuel hoses, by then the final had started without me!
then my starter box motor fried due to prolonged use trying to get the frikin thing to start, only to realise i forgot to put fuel in the tank. HA WHAT A DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Super_Dave

Well I'm pretty sure all of us in 1/8 scale buggy didn't tighten a lug nut enough and have a tire fall off. I've also put these plastic bushings that help hold the top of my kyosho shock on backwards so the shock slid right off the mount.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Kwizr

Several things happened to me

Started the engine without reciever on, went right into a fence at 70kmh.
Forgot to fill the tank up and thought something was wrong with the engine, started adjusting all the screws like a maniac and realise 2 hours later i have an empty tank ><
Forgot to fasten air filter correctly, and saw it flying off in the middle of a jump... Lucky me didnt get anything into the engine though
Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Damin69

I put a new flywheel and clutch on. got the Flywheel tightend up then shimmed my bell nicly and mounted the motor up. after I ran for about 10 min. I realized I had forgoten to tighten up the Screw that holds the bell on. Lucky I only lost one bearing and the screw and washer.. could have been a real mess.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
dicko

i've done a lot of the above, but one thing that i witnessed is this,

a few guys down the river were playing with a hyper 7 between water skiing, it kept on glitching & going out of control for a few secods at WOT. instead of pulling it in & having a look over it they kept driving it. next thing it goes WOT stright into the river & lands a good 10 feet in in about 3 feet of water. they pull it out, dry it & later that night it was tearing around again. i guess they were lucky not to have fried the radio.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
ringneck

last weekend at roar reginals in neb. i forgot to turn the receiver switch on my buggy off at the hotel and charged the receiver pack while we whent out to a bar,my charger has auto shut off on lipolys anyway i get to the track the next day trying to bump from the b main to the a got 2-3 mins. into the b and bye bye hyper8 up over the table top and out into the feild it goes finally the fail safe kicked in and it stop about 200yards away. lesson no.1 dont drink and drive!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
1/8racer

ok here is mine......
saturday ......i had club racing to do ....i was super excited......checked to see if i had everything.... twiceand then once more ....even checked at the gas station

got to the track...forgot shocks.....body clips..... temp gun.......wheel nuts......and glow driver
Old 08-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Alpharaptor

Once when I was starting my car for the first time that day at the track, it turned over once and wouldn't budge. Tried taking the glow plug out...no effect. Soon found I had put the backplate on upside down the night before and the crankshaft was jamming up against it. [:'(]
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
ringneck

ewww thats a bad one!!!![:'(] kinda funny
Old 08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
darthballs

i forgot to check my throttle linkage befor the race and sure enough 5 min in i only had midthrottle fullthrottle and a tiny bit of brake. no medium in between them. so i pretty much had to just powerslide the car.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Dannn

well this one wasnt a 1/8 it was a 1/16th... started it up at my house and warmed it up, then opened it up at full throttle... throttle got stuck and wouldnt return... it hit someones house at about 25 mph and cracked their siding. Then i brought it home and tried it again after using oil on the throttle... but yet again it started up and hit the garage door of my neighor across the street... he has a big black mark and a dent on his door now... surprisingly the only thing that happened to the car was the drive shaft popped out on one wheel, popped it back in and bashed it later on.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 PM
mkincy

i've done all the usuall stuff but the dumbest ever was, i melted my radio box and receiver while using a heat gun on a new motor.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 PM
1CE

Alpharaptor what kind of rims are those on the buggy in your avatar? srry to get off topic...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
crotolus

a few years a go i had a xx buggy with a 7 cell battery pack and 10 turn triple reedy motor and my dad was driveing his chevy and i was controlling my rc car and we were driveing through town in a 35 mph zone.i told him to go faster and catch my car at about 50 mph and still going faster a CHP saw our little stunt and pulled us over.he was amazed but we could not continue what we were doing. we didnt get a ticket either.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 PM
dicko

you win.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:16 PM
tonytiger

back when i was a rookie i thought my qualifier had started so i hurried up and got on the stand while my pit guy got me started and onto the track with all the other monster trucks...the problem was i was running an 8th scale buggy and i use ear plugs so i didnt hear the announcer yelling at me...i went like 5 laps before relaizing what was going on...i hung my head in shame and got off the stand......the good news was i had a 1 lap lead by that point.....
Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Zonk

Been in the hobby for 15+ years so not sure where to begin....

-painted the outside of the body...was half drunk
-put stickers on my sons Hyper 7 then noticed ithe body still had the cover on it.
-started the buggy without noticing the throttle arm was not connected, I want to forget that race meet...
-Superglued my finger to a tyre...
-Had a terrible race once and banged my radio on the rostrum in frustration, batteries fell out, buggy took off.... batteries went back in at warp speed before the thing had a chance to wreck itself..
-mates truck crashed once in the final when I was marshalling, ran onto track (without looking) to turn it over and got hit on my ass by a airbourne semi out of control 100mph Mayhem Truggy... and it hurt bad
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Dannn

launched my electric boat without turning it on and it was about half way out into the pond...
rammed my sisters knee with my mlst and got grounded
sniffed nitro...
drank nitro... (accedentally)
burnt my finger on the glow starter
forgot that i had no breaks on my 16th and the car came about 6 inches from a moving car...
when i got my first nitro i broke it in at 7:30 am
forgot to adjust the gear mesh on the motor to spur on my first nitro, resulted in 2 stripped spurs.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:24 AM
dracohowe

what happened when yu drank the nitro. did you go blind or die like the bottle promised lol
Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 AM
franchise

geez some of this is pretty funny. i think the dumbest thing ive done is made the trek to the track but then i open my trunk and found that i left my car at home..
Old 08-08-2006, 01:13 AM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

worst mistake was buying my buggy in the first place....jk my buggy kicks ass lol. [:-]
Old 08-08-2006, 02:26 AM
arghh

i not do this dumb thing but saw my friend did it... first time he participate on racing and manage 2nd place on E-main final..so this fellow very excited, he jump and jump on the drivers stand without knowing he also pull the transmitter trigger..(his pitcrew didnt collect his car, shut off the engine and turn off the rx).. so his car full throttle gone crazy and "BANGGG" to the fence..broke front arm and bend the shock shaft hahahaa..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.