Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine

Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Hincappe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine

ORIGINAL: Nitrohouse

ORIGINAL: roscoe71
i have not read one positive thread from you yet hinnacape personaly i think you are a idiot[>:]
I've reported him to the moderators of this forum just for that reason. Nothing like having some "idiot" to be a killjoy about everything...I ask everyone else offended by Mr. Negativity to do the same.

Lets build a positive outlook for our hobby, and get ride of the "Hincappe"s...

this typical of someone who deletes post when they post anything about RCmart to get Hyper8 parts. thats probably why your here trolling coz your nazi ways have led to no one posting there[>:]
Old 08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
RC-BOSS

ORIGINAL: alangsam

i hope this motor isnt the same as the fantom as the fantoms have a lousy reputation for lasting more than about a gallon. Just do a search on Fantom fr21 and you will see that people have had very bad experiences with them.
Where?

By the way, The Radical RC 621T is not the same as the Fantom FR21.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Nitrohouse

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

i have not read one positive thread from you yet hinnacape personaly i think you are a idiot[>:]
I've reported him to the moderators of this forum just for that reason. Nothing like having some "idiot" to be a killjoy about everything...I ask everyone else offended by Mr. Negativity to do the same.

this typical of someone who deletes post when they post anything about RCmart to get Hyper8 parts. thats probably why your here trolling coz your nazi ways have led to no one posting there[>:]
Could you do us all a favor and just go away. I don't want to even waste my time with you. You haven't a clue what your talking about, yet your lips keep on flappin...When you bring something positive to the forums then please join in, until then, spare us from your ignorance, and negativity and don't post...You obviously weren't raised to keep quiet if you don't have something positive to say, well its a good policy to follow, and I recommend you do just that...

LLLLLLL8

Old 08-17-2006, 06:21 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the OPS speedster dynoed 1.64 HP and 64 oz/in with a max RPM 41400 rpm... the powerband looks a little spikey, but it does put down some serious numbers...these results were with a Mugen pipe...the recomended OPS pipe had a much smooth curve but only produced 1.3 HP....

By the numbers this engine is very good, but in the close up pictures the motor looks a little rough around the edges, the fit and finish isn't up to the italian standard....But the performance is pretty amazing.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
SManMTB

Do you have alink to that site. I've lost it.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
alangsam

google
Old 08-17-2006, 06:49 PM
SManMTB

What would the search term be....?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:58 PM
alangsam

Is it me or are Fantom engines fading? Are they going out of business?

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/13/2006 9:10:49 PM
No New Messages
fourwheels0
Super Contributor

Status: online well from what i've heard is fantom was having problems with there manufacturer (an italian one) and are no longer with them.
but they are looking for another manufacturer. i had 2 fr18's and those things screamed,idled all day long,held a tune great the best small block i,ve ever seen. i do hope they find someone good because i'd like to get a fantom big block for my lst2.

there are 3 kind's of women. small,medium and oh my god it's coming at us.

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/14/2006 1:01:35 AM
No New Messages
FANTOM27REVO
Super Contributor

Status: offline I'll confirm that statement about the manufacturing issues. Who ever was maufacturing them was making the sleeve to block fit too big ( matter of ten thousandths of an inch im sure ) and they loose the pinch very quickly. Ive only gotten about 2 gallons of 30% thru mine. So Im shopping for a new engine. Or parts engines if anybody has got some they wanna get rid of.

It seems to almost be a hit and miss for the 05 year engines. some were good and some were good for a awhile and some were a down right POS out of the box. I was thinking about sending off one of my brand new fantom 21's to be modded for my 1/8th buggy. but who knows , right ?

(in reply to fourwheels0)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 3

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/15/2006 1:49:04 PM
No New Messages
Kemo
Your controversial kemo

Click to learn more about the advantages of upgrading your membership here at RC Universe

Status: offline Fantom has never been italian, they were all from Toki, japanese company.

Sponsored by:
http://www.RacerNine.com, http://www.jaksrcbats.com

(in reply to FANTOM27REVO)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 4

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/15/2006 5:26:20 PM
No New Messages
Hoese37
Super Contributor

Click to learn more about the advantages of upgrading your membership here at RC Universe

Status: offline i thought they were the same as the Orion wasp and Peak Diablo series engines

Mike: "It's broken." Carter: "Just solder it."
Mike: "It's nitro." Carter: "Lean it

(in reply to Kemo)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 5

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/17/2006 12:37:42 AM
No New Messages
Kemo
Your controversial kemo

Status: offline yep, and peak and orion both had the same exact problems... Orion now runs with italian mills. I can almost guarantee that Peak will too because they are basically the same company.

who knows whats in store for fantom... death to them? wouldnt break my heart.

Sponsored by:

(in reply to Hoese37)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 6

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/18/2006 2:10:31 PM
No New Messages
ReVo_BaShEr14
Banned by Warnings

Status: offline well i heard that there .18 for the tmaxx is better than the os .18

TEAM RAVEN

(in reply to Kemo)
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 7

RE: Fantom going out? - 2/18/2006 6:00:53 PM
No New Messages
Kemo
Your controversial kemo

Status: offline nope, it isnt. It would wear out insanely fast. They said to tune the engine to 300 degrees (right about there). Those engines wore out before they were really thru 2 gallons. Biggest laugh to hit rc besides traxxas engines.

Sponsored by:
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Hincappe

if it is a fantom, i wouldnt tough this engine with a 10foot pole. they run fast, but only last 1 race meet before they are shot!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Mindcrime

Guys, look at those post...they are talking about the old engines, .18's and the old .21's...they were right those were made by Toki...the 06 FR .21 is not made by Toki....its made by RC Power , it a completely different engine....
Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
ringneck

mindcrime you are 100% right the old fantoms were the same junk mill as the wasp 28 and the old peak diablo this new fr21 is made by the same manufacturer as ops/radical the only difference that we at my lhs saw between the 2 mills side by side was the head button radical was turbo fr21 standard and the fr21 does not come with any carb inserts but uses the same ones as the radical and so goes with the head button. both piston/sleeves also were the same and from oure naked eyes the porting was pretty darn close to the same also. so for 250.00 for the new fr21 i would not be afraid at all to buy it, plus a customer bought one a month ago and ive raced him a few times at our track and his feed back has very positive and from what ive seen on its performance its a reall good looking mill. heck i may buy one for my ttr just cause ive seen it run and the red head will go with all my red ttr bling. thanks for the support nitro house!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:11 PM
garrett3190

You can find the OPS Engines at nternationalnitro.com All I can say about them is that you will never want to run another motor after you try this one. Support, reliability, power, easy to tune, long lasting, and anything else you could imagine. Tell them Garrett sent you
Old 08-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Hincappe

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

Could you do us all a favor and just go away. I don't want to even waste my time with you. You haven't a clue what your talking about, yet your lips keep on flappin...When you bring something positive to the forums then please join in, until then, spare us from your ignorance, and negativity and don't post...You obviously weren't raised to keep quiet if you don't have something positive to say, well its a good policy to follow, and I recommend you do just that...

LLLLLLL8

so why waste your time trying to get me banned?

obviosly you are trying to follow me from the ofna forum, and trying to stop me from recommending cheaper places to buy hobao/ofna parts.

i thought you lived in a country of free speech, i suggest you stay on your own forum and delete threads there.

Go www.RCMART.COM <---- for Ofna Hyper8 parts at 50% of what nitrohouse sells at!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:40 AM
alangsam

Hincappe you have a right to talk about other hobby suppliers however my experience with RCMart and the other Chinese disti's is that yes they are cheaper but shipping can take two 2 three weeks and forget about returns. In the US i would never buy from them again. Nitrohouse and Amain get you parts in a matter of days, not weeks, and they answer the phones and you can understand them.
As far as the engines go you simply cant say they are overpriced until you buy, break in, race for an extended period of time, and put many gallons of nitro through them. Time will tell. In the interim it looks like there is good feedback on these mills. there are many italian and now mugen mills in this price range - i for one am glad there is more competition to keep making them better and offering us racers more choices.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Kemo

Fantom is now usin OPS as far as i can tell. Sure as heck looks like a OPS mill. Dono if anyone else has stated it being OPS, but I did now!

Rumor has it that they are to use same crf technology on their small blocks that are soon to come out (fantom).

If anyone has paid attention to the rc mags, you may have seen a few buggies with fantom decals on them. They ARE back, but lets see how many people jump back in their boat.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:37 AM
ringneck

fantoms reutation really went down hill with their last engine manufacture along with orion and peak. i think this new mill should turn it around for them. or at least get them on the right track. they also need to revise their tuned pipes as well
Old 04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
RC-BOSS

The On-Road Radical 721 is now available.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
RcRacer37E

Here I thought I was going to read about how wickedly insane this engine is, instead I just read a pissing match between who makes what, were and for whom. I wanted the 621t but all the places were sold out. That tells me there will be alot of happy racers or a bunch of pissed off racers.
I would like to know how it performs. How did the break in go? Temps it likes running at? Just general hows it running/holding up.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
RC-BOSS

Dear Nascardad24,

Just happen to read your post right now. The only place I know of that may have a Radical 621T in stock happens to be Al's Hobby Shop outside Chicago. Which appears to be right by you. As of yesterday, I think they had one. Talk to 'Chip' there and tell him IRC sent you.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:41 PM
wvu1003

nascardad-

I just got the 621t, and I'm running it with the radical pipe. Breakin for me has been easy. Alot easier than the STS that this mill replaced. It turns over like it should, and running SUPER rich breakin settings, first tank was just under 230, second around 210, third 200, and now that I'm starting to run it on the street and getting ready to put a tune to it after 8 tanks, I'm coming in at 190. Thru it all, it was about 60F outside. They say this engine likes to run around 180-190. I just switched from the stock plug that came with it to a P6. It has all sorts of bottom end, with 5 mm of spacers on the radical pipe. I got mine from Raceday Hobbies, great guy to deal with. Not sure if he has anymore in stock, though.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
wvu1003

I finished break in, and this thing has INCREDIBLE bottom end, it's a torquy little mill. One question for either mindcrime or RC boss: I saw the recommended carb settings, but in order to get decent power, with good smoke and temps (200-220 after a couple good high speed runs) I'm at 3/4 turn out on the HSN and only about 1 in from flush on the low. about 60 degrees outside temp. Not too worried about the LSN, but the engine, even at 3/4 turn out on the HSN still is giving me a little 'bubbling' at WOT. This is with a p6, cuz I didn't have another p3. What do you think about those settings?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 PM
RcRacer37E

Missed out on that engine, got a mamba hot mod. Round one of the pro series is next weekend so I had to have a engine asap or run last years ninja.
Anyhow, keep us posted on its performance, Im still tryn to pick one up for round 2 of the series.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
wvu1003

You can't go wrong with the Mamba, and a modded Mamba at that! Good choice. Yeah, I'm loving this enigine's performance. We'll see if all that torque can win me some heats this weekend at our first club shootout race.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 AM
infanterene

I have an OPS, 2 RB Mods Novarossi's, 2 OS engines and 2 Collari's.

By far the easiest to tune has been the OPS. I bought it used and it has been pinched twice already . I put about 5 gallons throught it and pinched again. Now it has about another 4 gallons and is going strong. It has almost as much power as my nova P5 but is way smoother. I get incredible run times with it 2. It is my favorite motor.

The only people who criticize these motors are people who have not owned one.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
rebelracer246

what is the web site that i can view the specs on this motor and order it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.