Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Does this look like a good buggy to get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Does this look like a good buggy to get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 PM
boltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does this look like a good buggy to get?

Phillips screws? mines was mainly all allen key screws... but phillips aren't that bad either...just make sure you are using the right driver so you don't strip em.... let me know how it handles...

ORIGINAL: WPGguy

So I got it today....

I must say, its not to bad and comes with some CF parts and a nice chassis and CV's all around and center.

but... you get what you pay for

there are star screws all over the damn thing lol. Are allen key screws that much more? c'mon .. smarten up.

And mine came with the front axel not into the center diff cup..... think i could get those damn screws out without stripping 3 of them? no.

so i had to unscrew all the front bracing and with my g/f's help flex the piss out of it to fit the axle in. then screw it all back together. I don't care. it was still worth $79 + $25 shipping.

i'm going to put my collari .32 and servos in it tonight and run it tommorow.
it seems a bit on the heavy side. we'll see ^^
Old 08-30-2006, 06:15 PM
kx250ryder

ORIGINAL: boltech
. . . I'm a big JR fan so any recommendations on servos?
Here are my steering servo picks:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_46...tm.htm#4634335
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM
boltech

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

ORIGINAL: boltech
. . . I'm a big JR fan so any recommendations on servos?
Here are my steering servo picks:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_46...tm.htm#4634335
Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 PM
xxturbowesxx

I cant find this buggy anywhere.. ive searched all over the site and doesnt list any distributor for this buggy or for the chassis for that matter.. just that guy suprasales which he doesnt have any.... anyone know of another place to get them? im looking for a roller btw
Old 12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
boltech

It prolly would be hard to land a roller. they sell like hotcakes. SupraSale will probably get more after the holidays.
the official Distributer is PRP (Powerracing).. if you want hop-ups look to the RD Logics SHO.. same buggy but with more alloy parts.

ORIGINAL: xxturbowesxx

I cant find this buggy anywhere.. ive searched all over the site and doesnt list any distributor for this buggy or for the chassis for that matter.. just that guy suprasales which he doesnt have any.... anyone know of another place to get them? im looking for a roller btw
Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 AM
xxturbowesxx

got one of them today.. just couldnt resist he posted one up for me and said he would be getting more on friday.. the price went up though 119.99 which was worth it to me im just going to transfer my axial .28 and all my electronics from my ultra comp into it.. should be much better than my ultra comp.. im going to put the ofna .26 back in the ultra comp and have 2 buggies to play with so when the ultra comp breaks i have something to use... thats the logic i used to convince myself to buy it reality is i just wanted one...