Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 ??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:01 AM
joey22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 ??????

Alright, I give up, I have been trying to figure out the difference in the Hyper 7's and cant figure it out. The engine differnces is a given, but what does the PCR, PBS, TQ pro, and the TQ sport have different from one another???? Is one better than the other? I have a DSM radio and reciever I am going to put in it and I have a 148oz analog servo for steering and an 85 oz. digital servo for brake throttle, are those strong enough?? Which buggy would be the best choice? Thank you for your help.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:14 AM
joey22

Default RE: Hyper 7 ??????

Also, seems like in the pics, some had the lay down steering servo and others had the upright servo, I realize the lay down lowers the center of gravity, therefore making it easier to drive and jump, but does the upright work well??? If I gett the one with the upright can I buy a different plate to make a lay down? What are the biggest differences in the Hyper 7 and the Hyper 8, besides the carbon fiber pieces?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
jonnymac

OK there are 2 main types of hyper 7. One with pivot ball suspension (PBS and PCR) and the others have C-hub (TQ sport, TQ pro etc).
The PCR is the Paul Coleman Racing version of thge PBS so has a laydown steering servo and probably some other minor differences. The TQ sport is the basic hyper model whilst the TQ pro has lots of lightened and CNC'd produced parts on it and I think (but check this out) comes with the 8 port engine.
In general PBS models are more adjustable whilst C-hub models steer better. So make you choice from that.
My money would be on the TQ pro but if your strapped for cash you can get the TQ sport and any of the pro bits will go straight on.
Thats just my opinion!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
jonnymac

The lay down servo trays can be added later but check the compatability between PBS and C-hub (if in doubt just either get them from a PCR or a pro depending what style you go for). the upright ones work fine and are much easier to work around. Tahts one part I wouldn't bother upgrading.
The hyper 8 is redesigned from the ground up but some parts are interchangeable. The steering knuckles and diffs will go on a H7 (c-hub) but not sure about much else (there may be a few other bits I'm not sure).
Old 09-18-2006, 06:57 PM
joey22

Thank you for your info, I think I am going with the TQ sport for now, I have the DSM radio and receiver and I would like to get a sts .28 for it, also have the servos already. If anyone else can think you any pro's and con's of the different kinds, please pitch in your 2 cents.