Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Bring On The Insane Track Idea's.n. US style, Euro etc. insane ideas anything.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Bring On The Insane Track Idea's.n. US style, Euro etc. insane ideas anything.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:08 PM
dannthenitroman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bring On The Insane Track Idea's.n. US style, Euro etc. insane ideas anything.

Hey jeff, do u race at BDR?, you probably know the guys i know, steven drygalla and chriss russel, jarred king, craig laughton, the primmer boys? youd be familiar with the super quick zach ryan too right?

Dann
Old 10-01-2006, 11:47 PM
dannthenitroman

Default RE: Bring On The Insane Track Idea's.n. US style, Euro etc. insane ideas anything.

Anyway back on topic, would a hill on that hairpin be good? like a 4 metre vertical climb to the hairpina nd back down?

Dann
Old 10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

Yeah, i race there when i get a chance, money and time and rain has made it a very lean year race wise, looking to fix that though, no of a few of those guys, and yeah zac has to up with the fastest guys around, him, jason dycoff, brad young, and damien, made a pretty impressive frieght train around bdr a while back, there the sort of guys that on my very best day a may stick with for a couple of laps and then they just disapear.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 AM
dannthenitroman

Yeah at the QLD state champs they were all over me, so you are quick if you can keep with them. Jarred King runs nitrobuggies.com, hes a friend. anyhow. Do you have an opictures of th bdr track or know hwer to get any?

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 01:22 AM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

I'll have a look for you i don't think there website www.brisbanedirtracing.com has the current layout, if you looking for track ideas have a look at the old meakin park layout most rated it as the best 1/8th track around and it was a fast fun track with enough technical stuff for a challenge but still got the blood flowing, big banked corner leading onto the straight followed by another banked corner nice infield big table top on pit straight, lovely track. I haven't seen the new layout there yet but i hope its like there old one, damn i want to get out for a race real bad now.

keep with them??? not get lapped by them, is normally my goal when there at the track. they are fast every lap, i'm fast some laps.

For the track time i get i go alright but i don't get out enough, seriously i think i've been to 4 meets this year, timming is just wrong for me at the moment, every time i can race it rains, when its fine i'm busy or short on cash. Damn shouldn't have bought the v8, the house, and should get rid of the other half, and stop drinking, then i'ld have to get out of working 5 days but keep the money. lol.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
dannthenitroman

Hahaha. Yep true i havnt been able to race much. but i was mentioned in, i think it was the latest racing lines, for coming 3rd at maitland Cup. I beak craig hawkins so 'Near' to him (hes a sponsored guy)

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 AM
vspecboy

i raced against chris russel and craig laughton on the weekend at the SA state titles,they are very quick but in the main i got 7th i beat craig and chris got third.
i also had the pleasure of chasing chris's car during a runaway
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 AM
dannthenitroman

We are all closer than i thought on rcu. didnt realise there were so many aussies , ive prolly met both of you :P

But most importantly, what was the sa track like. Ive seen the pic but can you explain what was good and bad?

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: Grahama89

Now there's a track with some love in it. If the Swindon commitee had gone with the ideas that the members wanted and were willing to give up their time to do (2 years ago) then the Swindon track would look pretty similar to that.

But even that one looks quite flat, now if you look at the Maxxspazzing track at Guildford, then there is a big air circuit, shame about the website mods. But at least they realised their dream and built a cool track. Probably the best one in Britain (after Slough and the rest).
Old 10-02-2006, 03:29 AM
dannthenitroman

Ok i assume your point is check those out, but wheres their sites?:P

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 04:18 AM
vspecboy

you dont know me but i will probably see you at the nationals and the victorian state titlesthe track was great and i think everyone liked it hopfull we get even more entries next year.and SA has proven to have some great drivers.i am looking for some sponsorship atm anything helps
Old 10-02-2006, 05:30 AM
dannthenitroman

Well 7th aint too bad , maybe you could speak to umm, theo or adrian. ??

What was good about the track thoug. sorry to be pushy but i Need the opinions of racers such as yourselves.

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 05:50 AM
vspecboy

i was previously a caster racing driver for davide from hobby realms.what are the emails for theo and adrian and what company are they?

the track is a medium sized one the grip level is fairly high when its wet but can be very slippery when it is dry.it is very hardpacked in some places and loose in others.you must have a good setup because one setup may be good in some parts of the track and loose in others.we have some great jumps and some technical sections too.the track is a great blend of high speed and tight corners.

wat do you specifically want to know?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 AM
dannthenitroman

Theo assa, he does tyres and stuff, and Adrian, gee i hope ive got his name right is the cobra importer, or .. eh anyhow. if your doing well they will come to you

Well i want to know what sets of jumps work, i likw when a track is jumping up and down and you jump up on something and all of a sudden its a whole new level etcetera. Is that track like that? What are the jump/corner combinations. like, is it a jump on a corner thats great fun or what? what is it about the tracks obstacles that makes it goo, because we already have the layout pretty set in concrete .

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 AM
tonytiger

http://www.rcracingextreme.com/forum...=asc&start=315 about half way down the page of this link is a pic of a nice lacal track here in michigan.....of course there is no fancy infield grass but huge jumps....notice the staircase also
Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM
dannthenitroman

the fanciness is certaintly not a necessity. Its all about the track itself not the decorations:P

Dann
Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 PM
dannthenitroman

Wow. that track was insanw, that upper left corber jump is masive and it looks SOO grippy. Wow, great link. any other track links guys?

Dann