Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

XTM- XT2..... Not bad... first night at the track

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

XTM- XT2..... Not bad... first night at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:28 AM
kingofthehill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM- XT2..... Not bad... first night at the track

Had a great night tonight getting my XT2 on the track for the first time. Now, im not the worlds best racer, but im not bad either... generally mid pack sometimes standings finishes and always with electrics.. This is also my first Nitro car in 8 years or so and my first 1/8th scale buggy ever...

My XT2 is stock except i changed out the shock fluid with 70weight all around... its running 20% XTM fuel also.

On the straights it really held its own. .... only 1 lap did i notice anyone pulling on me.... in the corners my suspension was OK but could have been better... it has a little bit of understeer in it but it could of been the stock tires being the wrong choice in the dry dusty track. Coming OUT of the corners it showed a slight disadvantage but once again, tire choice im sure played a role in this aspect as well, but i could tell it was lacking the out of the corner Punch that half the pack had.

My tuning was still a little fat... still being easy on it and the engine after the races never went above 200* so im thinking i may be able to lean it out a bit and maybe get that bottom end snap im looking for.

Durability was GREAT!... on a set of tripples i went into the straight away and had a knarly head-on with a Losi 8 and mine was fine and i only ripped his wing off.... not to mention the rest of the races it took all the bumps and bruises like a champ. I did notice that some parts started to loosen up after the night of racing, so i'll go through the car and re-tighten things up a bit.

Overall im very happy with my purchase... a lot of people told me "You get what you pay for" and "dont waste your money"... but my first night at the track with it showed up a lot of high dollar cars out there .... if i have only 1 gripe about it is that Hobby People only carry's the parts for it... but since i live near one its no biggie... but if i break at the track, im out of luck... but that goes for SO many other cars out there... Oh, and the steering servo is SLOW SLOW SLOW and kinda weak... throttle servo is OK but a little slow also and doesnt give me the torque i want for my breaks... so make that my only 2 gripes about the car.

JOe
Old 10-25-2006, 02:01 PM
mrarc2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM- XT2..... Not bad... first night at the track

This is actually good to hear mate???!!!
I bought one around three weeks ago, and due to terrible weather here in london, i've only managed to turn it on for half an hour in the garden - can't wait to get it out down me local park!
Alot of people were telling me to spend a bit more, but, you spend what you got I say!
Aparently the weather's gonna be ok this weekend - so,if it is, i'm off down the park!