Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Why the twitching on my new throttle servo?

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Why the twitching on my new throttle servo?

Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Themorales1999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the twitching on my new throttle servo?

I recently installed a Hitech 625MG servo on the throttle of my Ravager and the speed and torque is great, especially for the price $32 shipped. One thing, I see quite a bit of twitching especially on the throttling and not as much on the braking. Needless to say this is dangerous since the car has accelerated with ought me intending for it to. FYI, I have the basic RTR OFNA AM transmitter/receiver and a fail safe but with the original OFNA servo that would not happen. I suspect a good FM transmitter/receiver would improve everything but I'm not ready to spend the $$.

Any ideas?
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Why the twitching on my new throttle servo?

Themorales1999,

I was experiencing alot of twitching with my new futaba's and my previous servos for that matter thought it was because they were cheap. I noticed it would also twitch when I would put the glow ignitor on. They meaning both would twitch periodically it seemed to be random. However I came to the conclusion it was loose metal to metal contact. Due to the glow ignitor causing it too happen when it touched the sides of the cooling head. I stripped my car bare and reassembled making sure to tighten all metal to metal screws and locktite them. Pay special attention to the screws that come up from the bottom to the spacers which also receive a screw on top. Also your muffler where the head attaches to the pin. Be sure to locktite all metal to metal. After reassembly I fired up the buggy and problem was solved. Has not twitched since.

Good Luck

Vlad
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Themorales1999

I do see much more twitching when I put a screw driver to the high needle and I assumed the same thing, metal to metal. Now I see that one servo twitch every so often even when I'm not near the car. Make sense for me to check all metal to metal contact and I will, but the twitching was not there when I had the cheap OFNA servo? It may be that the Hitech is more sensitive, but again what make me curious is the fact that only the 625MG on the throttle twitches but the 645MG on the steering is solid.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:06 PM
jonnymac

Switch to FM or better 2.4 Ghz and all your problems will dissapear. Cheap AM transmitters are notorious for it.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:33 PM
RcRacer37E

you could even grab a used spektrum or even a m8 or m11 off ebay for a decent price. The am and fm radios for that matter pice up on any little frequance on that channel. Best way is the 2.4 systems.