Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

novarossi 21 plus 5 port non turbo

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

novarossi 21 plus 5 port non turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM
ixsna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novarossi 21 plus 5 port non turbo

What does everybody feel about the novarossi 5 port 21 standard plug non modified motor. How is the power, how many gallons, and how do they tune lets hear it the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 AM
dicko

Default RE: novarossi 21 5 port

i've run this motor for over a year and am suitably impressed. plenty of bottom & top end, has outlasted any stock Vspec at our local track & has performance to match. you can get 8 1/2 to 9 minutes out of a tank depending on what fuel you run & weather conitions. the power band is smooth as & i will most likely buy another one. i've also run the P5 & the RB S7ii, the plus 21-5 is by far my favourite. the p5 has plenty of bottom end, but not as much up top & fuel consumption is higher. the s7 has no where near the bottom end as the plus 21-5.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 AM
ixsna

I didn't say on my first post but yeah I meant the 21 plus 5 port version with 2 needles instead of the old 3 needle version. I hear the pinch on these are real tight is break in a pita.... Whats better heat cycle or drive it like ya stole it.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
john0087
My Feedback: (4)

I hear the pinch on these are real tight is break in a pita.... Whats better heat cycle or drive it like ya stole it.
I can't spea for the Plus 21, but my P5 is still very tight after 2 gallons. I heat cycled my motor during break in. Use a hair dryer to warm up the head before you try to turn it and losen the glow plug by 1 turn or so.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 AM
dicko

Default RE: novarossi 21 plus 5 port non turbo

i use the ofna chrome top to turn it over, it is pretty tight, you should heat it up before you try to run it in, not a necessity, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
mozzzy_2000

Definately an engine to be treated with absolute respect. You'll need to heat it up but get onto the road as soon as you get it to run. Then go through the normal heat cycle method that seem to be the most popular breakin method. You'll probably need to heat it up each time through the breakin and beyond until it eventually turns over on ya startbox. Also loosening the plug a smidge too makes it really easy to start.

And yes its a top notch engine that has massive amounts of power, is fuel efficient, easy to tune and should last you at least 10gallons if you treat it right.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Raycer X

It's one of the best engines you can get for your money right now. Tons of power top to bottom. It's a very smooth engine unlike the P5X which can be violent at times. Easily controlable but full power when you need it.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
CHEVY 2

Is there a night and day difference between the P5X and the plus 5 engine?.I am building a new mugen mbx5r and the mugen truggy and I am looking at those two motors.I have been running V-specs but I am disapointed in them.They run like scared jack rabbits,but I cant get them to last....
Old 02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
dicko

the plus 21-5 has a more linear throttle band, has plenty of power throughout the range & has better fuel economy, if you can afford it over the p5, i'd get it. i keep my p5 for tthe really tight tracks with little run up before jumps, but the 21-5 handles the tight racks almost as well. not sure about the p5x, i think they tamed down the low end a bit, i've personally never run it.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
ixsna

So what is the best pipe manifold combo for this motor. Is it best to go with a nova pipe or will a jammin work just as well.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
dicko

i have tried a Novarossi low end pipe & personally prefered the OS T2050, but the Novarossi mid or high end pipe should be just as good if not better see what they recommend & get that. i recomend i a mid to high end pipe depending on the track you run on.