Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Suggestions for my Inferno MP 7.5

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:16 PM
fletch046

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for my Inferno MP 7.5

Hi All
I have an Inferno MP 7.5 with a NovaRossi BX21SB in it. It used to belong to my brother but he can't drive it due to a stroke. So it's been sitting in his garage for the last 5 or 6 years. Ive been going through it and cleaning it up. Anyone have any comments or suggestions about this buggy. Is it a good motor and should I take it apart and check anything since it's been sitting so long. I know it was only ran a few times maybe a half gallon of fuel through it. Also should I change anything on the chassis or suspension.
I appreciate your comments
Thanks
Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Default RE: Suggestions for my Inferno MP 7.5

A rebuild wouldn't go a miss, but the engine may have rusted up inside if your sibling never used any after run oil. The rest though should be fine as it stands, but I'd just strip it and replenish all the diffs and shocks. Those engines were pretty reliable and if it still has good pinch and shows no signs of rusty inernals then it'll be good to go.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:35 PM
jonnymac

I would take it apart, give it a good clean, put new oil in the diffs and shocks. You can strip the engine it won't do it any harm.
Put it all back together and your away.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:04 PM
diablo_r

Check all the diff and wheel bearings too, I've had a couple wear out on mine. You didn't way which model 7.5 it was but if its a cheapy then I'd also change the diff drive gears and pinions from soft silver metal ones to black steel gears as they strip easy. When you have it apart just check them. Also see if all the diffs have 2 pairs of bevel gears inside them,if not put another set in as the low end inferno's only have 1 pair and they strip.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
fletch046

ok thanks for the info. and as for the model it is MP 7.5 this is original model and at the time it was purchased it was top of the line. There have been a lot of improvements to it since it first came as I have noticed going through the different parts available for them now.