Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

I've acquired an Acme Condor Roller

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

I've acquired an Acme Condor Roller

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
traxxaskid109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've acquired an Acme Condor Roller

Hey everyone. Well to make a short story shorter, I was able to snag an Acme Condor roller in awesome condition. It was only 5 bucks from a freind so why pass it up? plus, I've been dying for a buggy to add along to my Savage and Rs4. My question to you guys, being that I have no clue what's compatible with this car, is where do I start? I will be getting a nice engine though, but if anyone could just basically tell me what and wear I can get the thing for this car. I've been searching but have only come upon UK sites. If anyone can point me to a US site or just other parts I can use. Here's a pic showing what I don't have. I already know which radio gear I'll be getting.

Ps: I had nice new aluminum shock caps, which I mounted on after the pics were taken, as well as a wing.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Rs43EVOman

Default RE: I've acquired an Acme Condor Roller

As far as an engine im preatty sure it will work with standard engines like any other car, and becuae it looks like its 1/10th i would say it's probably designed to accept smallblock engines. Asfar as a center diff goes, check around ebay and such, try contacting ACME to see if they can help.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
traxxaskid109

Ok, thanks. Yeah it is a 1/10.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
adam-69

it takes a .18 sized engine, and if you type acme condor into google plenty of helpfull info should appear
Old 06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Kemo

http://www.internet-rc.com/ircracoproof.html

they have parts and what you need for the car.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
digifox

ACME!!!AHHH THROW IT AWAY BEFOR IT BLOWS UP IN YOUR FACE....sorry to much old cartoons

cool buggy though
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
traxxaskid109

Awesome guys, thanks so much. I'm on my way!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
ShootPaint

With the aid of a dremel tool and cut off wheel you can get a 21 in there

I got a couple of these buggies when I first got back into rc a few years ago. After only a few gallons the stock motor let go and I had an old Hyper 21 8 port laying here so I decided to slap it on. After a little trimming for the flywheel I was able to squeeze it in with no major issues.

The only down side to this is the lack of quality materials being using throughout the drive line. With the 21 installed I cracked to outdrives, shattered a sun gear, and hosed the two speed tranny.

I have been playing around with them here lately trying to convert them into ten scale truggies.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 AM
mozzzy_2000

Try smartech as well cuz I'm pretty sure this is just a rebadged smartech.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM
traxxaskid109

Shootpaint, I assume you play pb? Well anyway, I'll see what I can do about the trimming. I like that truggy idea as well, but it just seems like the more you try to replace to convert, you can just spend on another truck. I don't wanna give up on this car though because I'm not trying to rebuild the condor. Aside from the dif housing, arms and such, I wanna put quality parts in there.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
ShootPaint

ORIGINAL: traxxaskid109

Shootpaint, I assume you play pb? Well anyway, I'll see what I can do about the trimming. I like that truggy idea as well, but it just seems like the more you try to replace to convert, you can just spend on another truck. I don't wanna give up on this car though because I'm not trying to rebuild the condor. Aside from the dif housing, arms and such, I wanna put quality parts in there.
Yes I use to ball. I got out of it a little over a year ago now.
Myself and a friend quit about the same time. I was into RC before he was. It just so happened he had a child and I was going through major burn out from the PB scene , use to own a shop, so we decided to get into RC racing.

I must say I am enjoying this much more because I am the newb for once I dont show up at the track and have everyone there expecting me to work on their stuff. This was always the problem I faced when trying to ball.

Anywho good luck with the Condor. The major problem areas you are going to run into are the diffs!!! They are made of a low grade cast material, guessing aluminum. The castings just arent that strong and cant hold up to WOT from a stand still for very long. The nylon gears in the two speed tranny where also a major no go for me as well. Those babies were melted in nothing flat, after I installed the 21.

Presently I have the buggy tore down to basically what you have in your picture. I have fab'd some new axles to allow for 1/10 scale stadium truck rims to work. I have located a center diff from a Mutilator and presently trying to make some new drive shafts to tie into the diffs. If memory serves me correctly you can order hardened gears for the diffs but I have never found them state side. The only place I have seen them is on the UK sites.

Have fun building it up. If you need some parts give me a shout. I have two of these buggys laying here collecting dust
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
traxxaskid109

Wow man, thanks for the info and sorry to hear about what happened with you and pb, but it's great you found something you love [8D]
Paintball is my life, you know the type, lol.

Otherwise, I'll give you a shout if I need anything, thanks alot once again.