Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sportwerk carb setting

I just bought a used hyper 8 with the sportwerk .21 v2 it has a new piston and sleeve installed but before i broke it in i would like to put the carb back to factory if anyone knows the setting it would be a big help thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: sportwerk carb setting

dont know the speciific setting but most engine settings are around the HSN being 3-4 turns out from in; LSN should be flush.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: sportwerk carb setting

Usually factory settings are way to rich anyway. Just make sure both needles are very rich and lean it out untill it runs smooth with the temps staying between 200-220 degrees. Of course you want it a bit on the rich side for break in as well and when you richen it up turn both the high and low the same amount. I don't think it would take more then 1/2 a turn so I'd start there.

I have had three sportwerks engines and loved every one of them but I never payed attention to how far out the needles were. All I did was adjust it accordingly.
    www.HarnoisHobby.com