Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 8 vs losi 8

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM
big terp 77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 8 vs losi 8

how do these two compare to each other? the losi is newer, more expensive and probably more popular. i know the design of the losi is different from most other buggies. but is it worth the extra 100-200 bucks for the losi? i dont know much about hobao stuff. the people that have them love them. thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM
jonnymac

Default RE: hyper 8 vs losi 8

I don't know the losi is more popular, certainly not here in the UK.
They're both very good. The hyper 8 is probably more forgiving to drive whilst the losi requires a more direct driving style.
If you saving money then I would go with the hyper.
I would say they are quite even buggies so the hyper gets it on value
Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
rrusso
Banned

the 8 is better just on value
Old 07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Super_Dave

The hyper 8 is a very easy and forgiving buggy to drive. Its great at high speed handling but it pushs a bit at low speed (atleast compaired to my Losi 8ight). You can't go wrong with the hyper 8 in any way.

With the Losi you need to stay on your toes. You need to stay ontop of it while driving and keep smooth consistant lines. It usually has loads of steering which really helps you with passing and you can hold more corner speed. Still if you don't want that steering it can be dialed out. One adjustment makes a fairly large difference in the way the buggy handles and I've had mine go from having way to much steering to having almost no steering at all.

The hyper 8 can win any race you go to but the Losi is more aggressive and has a bit more potential for faster lap times. You can't go wrong with either buggy or any other top name brand buggy for that matter. Both are top knotch quality and they are pleanty durable.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:41 PM
hkenvy91

i would like to see more input on this as i have a hyper8 and am seriously thinking about picking up a eight and a eight-t very soon i want both kits and plan to order at the same time
Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 PM
big terp 77

when i said the losi is more popular i meant that it seems to be more of the flavor of the week kind of thing. the hyper 8 gets great reviews and everyone who drives it usually loves them. i always get curious to why one kit can be so much less than another. with the hyper 8, is the kit any different than the rtr or the 80% assembled. do they still come 80% assembled or did they ditch it.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:10 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I know in my area and by keeping up with the racing seen here in the states the Losi is more popular but I still like my Hyper 8 and would not swap it for the Losi! If I where to get another buggy right now I would get the Xray EC!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
dgz69er

I haven't driven the hyper 8, but I do have a hyper 7 pcr, and a losi 8. I think each has their own advantages. They are two entirely different vehicles. If I could only have one I would go with the losi.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:11 PM
big terp 77

so when it comes to quality, there is no real difference. it is just driving style: losi needs a better driver and the hyper 8 is a little smoother and can correct driver error. basically i should go with the hyper.