Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Whats so great about a BUGgy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
ocremy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats so great about a BUGgy?

Hey all,
time for a Bug g y now..
m in RC for couple years now, Savage 25 wit OS30VG(bad choice), 2 Micro RS4, RS4 3 Evo+, RS4 3 Evo(Drift kit with os18TZ), and TL Mini-T wit mamba 8k.
im aware of price with 1/8 buggy, its lil(much/) bit higher than other RC Cars, i prefer kit (all my rc car was RTR..-dumb-...) my budget for Kit is $700(just for the kit/pro) i want to start race/compete @ track.. got lil sick of bashing and breaking around..so here i go.. a NICE Buggy for me... heh, please help me choose,
Thanks in advance!!!!! BTW whats so great about a BUGgy?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
dabro15

Default RE: Whats so great about a BUGgy?

Look into the Hyper 8 Pro.

http://www.ofna.com/hyper8pro.php
Old 07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
ocremy

is that the best buggy? how about rc8 and m1-b? they are all saying they are the best.. any 1 has 1?
Thanks for the input i guess 1 vote for hyper 8 pro.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
TGreg

No buggy is the best buggy... period. as long as you stay with the name brands, you'll be happy. It always comes down to driver skill, and practice. All buggies have flaws, all need things done to them.

if you never drove a buggy before, id reccommend a kyosho mp777 WC. It seems to be a balanced buggy. it does everything "good". It handles like a buggy is suppose to, there are no surprises with this one. its $639
Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

First try to do better with your post, as they are far from easy to read and understand. You want help make it easy for us to help you. There is no best buggy as there are MANY good ones out there! My first two choices are the Hyper 8 Pro, which I have and like a lot but if I were to change brands I would get the Xray EB8EC.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:48 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: TGreg

if you never drove a buggy before, id reccommend a kyosho mp777 WC. It seems to be a balanced buggy. it does everything "good". It handles like a buggy is suppose to, there are no surprises with this one. its $639
That is with out an engine, eclectics or a pipe. [X(]
Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 PM
psychosnoman

Welcome to the buggy scene!

Buggies have a low center of gravity which will make them fairly fast (which is not always what you want) and will make them handle good too. There also just plain fun.

As far as a good buggy goes I would take the XRAY XB8EC into serious consideration. I have heard great things from this buggy and down the road I plan on getting this. I haven't heard much good from M1-B so I would look elsewhere.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Danno

Only thing I can say against the Xray is that for a noob it might be hard to nail down a good setup ?? Too many variables , on the other hand , get a 777 WC throw a Tebo setup on it and drive it .
Old 07-17-2007, 07:30 PM
hkenvy91

first off go check out some local tracks b4 you buy and see what everyone is runnin, dont be afraid to aproach someone and ask some questions! check out shops to see what they stock the most parts for. its usually is what everyone runs. you can use this to help make a good decision!

thats what i did and ended up buying a losi eight as thats what rules the roost around here!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Townsley

i know im savin up for the associated rc8!!! =]] looks pretty sweet to me. thats just my opinion. but another good buggy is the hyper 7. i have one and i havnt broke anything yet. race with it to.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
TGreg

I have a matrix and i too am trying to save up for a RC8
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Jammin Jake

Umm all the TQ's at my track is the Mugen mbx-5r, Jammin x1-cr FTE(my favorite buggy) , Cen matrix, Thunder Tiger Eb4 s3. No 8ights and there isnt a xray, there all in the b-main.....so far at our tight hard packed track. But the most dominant is the Mugen mbx-5r...which is what i would go with. Then throw on a O.S. Speed or wich ever u want and a m11 and your good to go.[8D]
Old 07-18-2007, 12:49 AM
chris3g

ORIGINAL: Jammin Jake

Umm all the TQ's at my track is the Mugen mbx-5r, Jammin x1-cr FTE(my favorite buggy) , Cen matrix, Thunder Tiger Eb4 s3. No 8ights and there isnt a xray, there all in the b-main.....so far at our tight hard packed track. But the most dominant is the Mugen mbx-5r...which is what i would go with. Then throw on a O.S. Speed or wich ever u want and a m11 and your good to go.[8D]
3 out of the top 5 finishers at the 2007 ROAR nationals were driving 8ights, but at your track they're only good enough for the b main, ok
Old 07-18-2007, 12:56 AM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: Danno

Only thing I can say against the Xray is that for a noob it might be hard to nail down a good setup ?? Too many variables , on the other hand , get a 777 WC throw a Tebo setup on it and drive it .
The XB8EC is very easy to drive on the track. Feels very much like the SP2. I use a box stock setup but with 3-6-1 in the diffs.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:06 AM
zaintlouis

Cool Sman, you got the new EC!! i was planning to get one but the my hobby shop doesn't have that buggy yet. stil the old prototype xray! Which do you of the two do you like best? Your 777 or EC? Me, i prefer both!! My Sp2 performs well i know the EC does too. but the best money for ya buck is the EC! i mean if your that practical kind of person. If money is no subject both are great cars to buy.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:51 AM
death_rider

I use a box stock setup but with 3-6-1 in the diffs.
I think that is 3 in the front 6 in the middle and 1 at the rear?

My shop still uses the old prototype
Them thats a shop thats far behind!

Buggy is just sow fun. The jumping and all that stuff. You know (our not )
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 AM
jonnymac

Choose from one of these
X-Ray XB8 EC
Mugen MBX 5
Jammin x1-cr
Hyper 8 pro

The top two are slightly better in build quality but they are all dangerous on the track

The Kyosho MP777 WC is very good too but I think its slightly overpriced
Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 AM
46u

An Xray XB8 EC or Mugen with an OS speed would be great but you will have around $1,000 in that before you even put servos and a receiver in it. All so they are coming out with the Hyper 8.5 pro but not sure when. All depends on how much you are willing to spend.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Jammin Jake

ORIGINAL: chris3g

ORIGINAL: Jammin Jake

3 out of the top 5 finishers at the 2007 ROAR nationals were driving 8ights, but at your track they're only good enough for the b main, ok
Well just about all the ppl who have a Mugen at our track have driven the 8ight and still went w/ mugen....There are a good amount of 8ights at our track,but there is only a couple who can actually drive them.. but not enuff to hang w/ the mugen. Diff ppl have different driving styles and so thats why there is differnt cars on the track....ive heard ppl talkin about how you cant really get on it with an 8ight. You have to be more smooth with it.....wich our folks rather drive the mugen over the 8ight.....
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
ocremy

Alright~~~!!!
I cut down to XB8, MBX 5 , Hyper 8, I will do some researches on those....before i make any decision. i know x ray carries some quality parts... any wayz thanks for the inputs.
and one last quetion, is RC8 from team associated came out? or its just out of stock?
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 PM
gtsum

for what it's worth, I run the 8ight and love it, but it definately drives differently then the other buggies. If I was to get another one, it would be the Mugen hands down. They are proven, balanced (in that they do everything good) and are forgiving.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 PM
thespian4

the 8ight is out,and every one and their brother are running them,I would say there is only 5 of us who do not run them at my track,and the funny thing is the guys who don't run the 8ight are the faster ones at the track.
I run an Xray xb8 (for sale),2 others run xrays ,and there are 2 MBX5Rs,and they are very fast.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
ocremy

right... right.. everyone is saying XB8 EC or MBX5,... yeah, i will pick one from those two, what's typical engine for Xray and Mugen? or top of the line? you can't put faster engine on hyper 8? i know its all about driving skill that make laps faster but y is mugen and x ray in (always)owning? there must be a reason, lack of somethin.. any wayz,
any one knows about RC8 from Team Associated? after few advice about RC8, i can make my decision more clearly. (i really don't like to regret after spending thousands... like my prev rtrs...) Thanks mill!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:40 AM
jonnymac

The mugen and x-rays are not faster, just slightly better build quality with very good adjustability. As I said before the hyper 8 and Jammin are just as fast. The RC8 is very new (not even sure if its available in stores yet) so nobody will commit to telling you how good it is until they have driven it. I'm sure it will be quite good though.
If you have the money go for an RB engine. There are a few to choose from depending on price and if your track is long or short. Otherwise Novarossi engines are very good too
There are also quite a few decent budget engines but we won't discuss those until you say you can't affor one of the above (as you seem to not mind spending on this setup)
Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
rabidsquirrel

Dude, don't discount the Hyper 8, now 8.5...

If the price of the 8.5 is near the Hyper 8 Pro price, then it'll be a steal of a deal. It is a great buggy. Handles fantastic, and you can find a good base setup that works almost everywhere.

The Hyper 8.5 Pro should be a $400 buggy with incredible parts availibity (Did I mention that the spare parts were also dirt cheap and everywhere?)!

One reason I WOULD go with X-Ray is due to their industry leading factory product support. Fit and finish is top notch as well. You do get what you pay for with those guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.