Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 PM
lez1troubles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Ello every body, last night I was playing around with my buggy when it started to rain, it was wet and slippery.
I went back inside, sat down and started to think about how to water/dust/mud proof my shocks.
Came up with the most simple solution ever.
Took a pair of rubber gloves (normally used for doing the dishes) and cut off the fingers, cut a tiny little hole in the tip of the finger (really small cut, maybe 3mm) and pulled one over the shock absorber all the way over the spring and up to the shock cap, used a zip tie to keep it in place.
Well it works pretty good and keeps my shocks nice n clean plus if I ever blow a shock all the parts stay inside.
Cheap n eazy shock booties.
Still sitting on my ass thinking what to do with the other fingers???
Stuffed the reciever in one and then all my receiver battery packs.(zip tie closed)
Looks cool also.
It stopped raining.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:46 AM
lez1troubles

Bump
Old 04-22-2011, 02:57 AM
All-or-Nothing

I picked up this MP9 from a friend thru a friend. He let it go for $200. I know it's a MP9 but I have no idea what version I have. Can anyone tell me.

Here are some pics but if i need to take a pic of a certain area to help identify it than let me know.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
lez1troubles

Hi All or Nothing, nice, you bought that for 200 buck, jeez that was really good, I paid 500euro for one last year also second hand.
Well done, you have a nice buggy there.
Looks like the TKI version but not certain(yet).[8D]
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 AM
lez1troubles

Any body still alive???
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 AM
R.lepecha

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Any body still alive???
I am, Seems like not much is happening with these buggies anymore. The Inferno mp7.5's and later must be going obsolete.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Oskr

ORIGINAL: R.lepecha

Any body still alive???
I am, Seems like not much is happening with these buggies anymore. The Inferno mp7.5's and later must be going obsolete.
Indeed. I struggled a lot to find the spur gear. I got an original set from China. But even obsolete the car is still a great car , and I don´t think there will be a serious lack of components in the market.
And maybe in the future I convert my Inferno to electric and keep the xray on nitro.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
R.lepecha

ORIGINAL: Oskr

Any body still alive???
Indeed. I struggled a lot to find the spur gear. I got an original set from China. But even obsolete the car is still a great car , and I don´t think there will be a serious lack of components in the market.
And maybe in the future I convert my Inferno to electric and keep the xray on nitro.
I think if i remember correctly the spur gears are interchangable between most of the kyosho buggies. So the m777 and mp9 should fit..

Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Oskr

Right. MP777 spur gear(MA050) fits. The problem was the gear was out of stock everywhere. But now I am ok.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 AM
lez1troubles

All spare parts can still be had at WWW.INFERNOSONLY.COM. Thats for all the Inferno models whether it be the old BURNS all the way up to the MP9limited. even bits'n'bobs from the older Kanai versions are still there to be had.
Had a great weekend racing, next weed I'm going with a couple of freinds to race a guy called Bart Loomans, he is a sponcered driver for pro team KYOSHO and I'm going to kick his butt(not litterally, just in the race), Bart is the current BeNeLux buggy champion.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Oskr

Hello guys. Hello Lez1!!
Well, I just messed up another pinion & bevel gear set. IT seems it´s missing something. Maybe some washers in the diff/bulkhead to get the right fit?? How to know(measure) the the right fit?
I just run 4 tanks with the new set and the noise on the diffs started again. Maybe this time some washers may solve my problem.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM
R.lepecha

Have you checked the bearings?
Make sure they're not seized.

Other than that are you sure you've got the shims from the bottom of this photo?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 AM
lez1troubles

Like Lepecha said, you will need to shim it otherwise you'll have exece slop inside your diff.
Just shimm the satalit gears and you'll be good to go.
Have you got 2 satalit gears or 4 in there???
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Oskr

Thanks guys, but I think I wasn´t clear in my explanation. I messed up the bevel and pinion, not the internal gears. By the way I have 4 planetaries with the shims. Lez1, I went to 4 planet. following your suggestion when I was changing the engine to a LRP .28.

There is a shim (BS53) that goes between the diff. bearing and bulkhead (not the one in the photo) and is supposed to improve the bevel and pinion match, moving the diff toward its side. I will order some of these shims and try to change (for better) the match.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:01 AM
lez1troubles

Sorry Oskr, slight brain fart there.
Its the one in the middle that you want to shim, I am using a 0.2mm shim if that helps.(I get my hardwear from a hardwear store, not a modeling store as they mostly have a larger selection of bits'n'bobs at a better price and also most nuts and bolts come in different materials or strengths.
Later dude.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 AM
lez1troubles

Just ordered the BCE SPEED chassis for the MP7.5, real piece of art.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Oskr

Hello all.
Just want to share with you my last set up for the GXR28. After so many lost fights to it, now it is in its best shape ever!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Oskr, your High speed needle is in to far and your low speed needle is out to far.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Oskr

Hello all. I hope this topic is kind of stuck because everybody is using the time to bash their cars!!

I have a question: since I don´t remember when, I am having some problem to make my inferno steers in a proper way in the corners. In the beggining I touhgt was the original servo. I replaced it by a fut. 3305. Then the tires, toe out, and for last, the diffs silicones. After all these it is a little better but not as much as I tought and want. The goal is to have the same cornering hability from my other car (xray xb808).
Along the years, aftet wrecking the original shocks I replaced them by the big bores from xray. Can this be the problem?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Oskr, could be that you oil in the front diff is a tad to thick. or give it some more toe out. Nice to see your still using the Kypso mp7.5 though. Me to, still no major problems after how many years????
[8D]
Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Oskr

...after 5 year, Lez!!!!...and regarding the steering issue, I don´t think the oil thick is the issue. Basically I am using the same grades from my xray. But what I do saw these days, was the connecting link (from servo to servo-saver) was a little short. I lenghtened it and now is ok. And also, now the servo-saver arm is touching the steering plate when it is totally steered. But this is not a major issue.
Thakns for the reply, Lez. And I will keep seaching a solution.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
R.lepecha

Any one still using these a lot?I lent mine to a friend a few months back, it came back with a bent front shock shaft.

I haven't looked at it since. I might look at it at soon. It still runs but shock shafts are difficult to find.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Oskr

Any one still using these a lot?I lent mine to a friend a few months back, it came back with a bent front shock shaft.

I haven't looked at it since. I might look at it at soon. It still runs but shock shafts are difficult to find.
Still using my inferno but not a lot or as much as I want. It´s been hard to focus on RC lately: new baby girl, new home, moving to a new city. The only thing I´ve been doing is to start the engines so it doesn´t get stuck and also charging and discharging the baterries. Just trying to keep everything working.

Lepecha, could be much worse than a bent shaft...so, you´re lucky.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:56 AM
lez1troubles

Papa Oskr, lol. Got yourself a new hobby. My son is 21 today. Have fun and enjoy it now they she is still young.[8D]
I am still running the old mp7.5 and still no problems.:-) I got 4 of them now.lol thats how much I like em.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 AM
lez1troubles

Hows things going with these machines??? mine stilll running great.
Greetings all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.