Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Rossi black magic .21

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:31 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi black magic .21

Well I have had this engine for a year now and have ran it about 1/2 gallon.... and it has mad low end and huge pinch.
I have it in a Hyper 8 and race dit last year...
Well same time last year and the last race of the season and I will go up to Spirit mountain for the last race again....

I also picked up a modded cyl. off ebay that wil give a few more rps....
I will say that it has great low end and mid. This works well for the types of tracks that I run...

I have a Venum Smart temp and It has given me some high readings.... I sorta doubt the temp readings...

I hope this engine gives me long service as I have had some finiky tuning but seems to be well sorted now....

I just thought I would post about this engine and this experience that I have had , due to this engine being a sor-of rareity....

Justin

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rossi black magic .21

You have a 1 year old rac engine with a half a gallon on it?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 AM
Da Smak
Banned

The guys happy with something, he has a great mill and he's thinking of swaping out the liner (which I wouldn't recommend if it's running like a dream), the Black magic is an insane engine wich is hardly ever heard about because for the price you can get 2 V-Spec WCs, but for insane power the BM is there, the only problem they ever had was exceptionaly short life spans compared to other race engines. Mine has 8 Gallons through it now and has lost it's compresion, It still fires up but it's lost that kick it had around the 2 gallon mark. This guys 1/2 gallon lump is not even broke in fully yet and when it is, then he's gonna get a fright.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
kochj

yep bout that, well probly close to a gallon.... I sure that it wouldn't take much to get through 5-8 if I ran it all the time and hit all the races. I don't go out and bushwack with this buggy just not relly fun, due to the low car like ground clearence... that is what trucks are for
I never get a chance to run it or race it....( I wish I had the time to go out every wk end and run a race, but I don't) only once in a while.... perhaps more when my son gets older...

Posted about this engine just to find what others have had and if they have had this engine...
I hope it holds up well, as I do had a moded liner and new piston if it does... heck at the rate I am going this engine will last 8 years....LOL
I will be using it much more next year.....
I got fed up with no place close to run the thing so I set up a impropto back hill track.... I will at jumps later,
I hope to have my 1/10 drake 2 and my associated t4 truck all ready to go for the last race up at spirit mountain Duluth....
Hmmm
Perhaps I should post that and see if anyone is going to in on rcuniverse..?

I guess I am in no way shape or for a knowledgeable can engine guy, as I had gotten this engine because it looked cool and it was made in Italy and it was down to around 245$ from Tower when all said and done. I had been watching it for some time and couldn't resist... I looked for info about the engine and it was very nill to none . So it was a bit of a risk at the time.. and still is.

I do however like the pipe that I got for it..... I has a adjustable tuned pipe that you can turn it in or out that alows you to change the pipe length (like the Novarosi pipe except you don't put in spacers)'
The pipe has a week stinger (or I am a bad driver) as In the race it got serverly dented and I ended up just puting some jb weld on it after I split it opwer to bend it back out,,
So it doesn't look pretty but it seems to work well..
Hey Da Smak,
what spur gear # did you use?
I think mine is a 14 tooth and is getting shreded! Literally worn out already, as the gear teeth are all pointy and no longer square at all... almost gone...! It has gobs of low end...
thanks
Justin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92872.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	765534  
Old 09-18-2007, 01:02 PM
kochj

Also, what manifold will work with this engine?
Looks like the Nova rossi will work for it....
Also, the Ninja engines look like they are made by Rossi? Do they also have the same size manifold exit hole?
I have another pipe but does not work on this one due to the wong manifold header.
Know where I can find a manifold cheap?

Justin
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: Da Smak

Don't be a jackass Annie, the guys happy with something, he has a great mill and he's thinking of swaping out the liner (which I wouldn't recommend if it's running like a dream), the Black magic is an insane engine wich is hardly ever heard about because for the price you can get 2 V-Spec WCs, but for insane power the BM is there, the only problem they ever had was exceptionaly short life spans compared to other race engines. Mine has 8 Gallons through it now and has lost it's compresion, It still fires up but it's lost that kick it had around the 2 gallon mark. This guys 1/2 gallon lump is not even broke in fully yet and when it is, then he's gonna get a fright.
What are you talking about, from what I see, it says that. Its not worded very well. Get you facts straight before you go around calling people jackasses.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Da Smak
Banned

The pointy teeth will be from having the gear mesh set too loose, but as you ask, I had a 15T bell on it to calm the torque dow, but I did also have an OS t2050 pipe which is now on 1 of my V-specs. It's a very good low end pipe and is ROAR legal (if you get seriously into racing), another thing I had to do to get control of it was to fit 1.1mm springs to the clutch as it kept throwing the stock 0.9mm ones and the 1mm weren't much better. I ran mine on 25% fuel as I do all my big blocks, so I know that will have extended it's life a little more too as these were designed for 30%, but as I can't get 30% locally I just use what Ican get.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
tonytiger

actualy on this paticular thread id encourage more jackass calling..................................
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: tonytiger

actualy on this paticular thread id encourage more jackass calling..................................
[sm=50_50.gif] Uhh..why?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
tonytiger

the fact you have to ask is your answer in itself
Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: tonytiger

the fact you have to ask is your answer in itself
Ok Tony the Tiger.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Cory Fouillard
Banned

i know im new here and people probably wont care what i say, but the guy had no right calling annie a jackass.

i would have asked the exact same question. you must of only raced it twice or something?