Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

NEW: SH 1/8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
CrazyMento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW: SH 1/8 buggy

ORIGINAL: Da Smak

ORIGINAL: ringneck

its wrong in my opinion when mugen/kyosho/losi/AE spend countless hrs. and money on R and D then thease cokkie cutter companies like OCM, caster, radical and so forth just steal ideas and put them on their own crap built no support just in it for the money buggies. the real winners are the ones you see at the top of all race charts every week and they are the ones that spend the time and money to make sure they have the best stuff out there. thease cookie cutter buggies are here today and gone tomorrow.
How dare you include OCM in that comment, they have designed the Kaos from the ground up, the only thing close to being a copy is thefinish of the alloy parts, which is very similar to the XB8, the rest of the buggy is a one-off.

If you want true copycat companies look at Redcat, Ansmann and (as you mentioned) Castor, these companies have not so much copied but bought the old moulds and drawings and are claiming all new design, blatent liars.
OCM is almost identical to mugen with majoirty of parts interchangeable. if thats not copy, then what is? This is something the designer has to actually "tried" to accomplish while designing, otherwise, parts dont just work on another car without trying.

Redcat doesnt copy because they dont actually MAKE the stuff. They only rebadge it.

ever since RC8 come out , everyone incling Xray, SH, and some others trying to copy the front end and shock mounting design.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_31/products_id/6579]Here[/link] you go
That right there looks like a nice engine for the price. 38,000 rpm. Any one have any experience with this engine.

it's a great engine.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
vnmsgt

Isn't copying the sincerest form of flattery. If a design works then why not try it or come up with something close. I have a Redcat monsoon and I love it. Sure it took some tuning and adjusting to get it to be any good but it was a learning experience and something different. I also own a ST-RR and Hyper ST Pro so I do own good stuff too. I just ordered a Castor Racing K8T Team edition kit and it looks really well built. I like to be different from other people and not everyone wants the norm. BTW I have 4 SH.28 engines and they run with anything else I see at my local tracks with no problems and are great for the money. If what you buy makes you happy then great! If not then sell it and get something else. No need to bash what other people like or have, just help them with there problems and make them enjoy the same hobby that you like to do.