Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

MBX-5R...setup sheet, adjustments info?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

MBX-5R...setup sheet, adjustments info?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
KyJoe340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBX-5R...setup sheet, adjustments info?

Just put together a MBX-5R, the kit includes 1 setup sheet. There is no information in the manual about making adjustments and their effect; shock location, anti squat, etc. I've read thru the forums and just get bits and pieces of info, is there anyplace to look that might have all the info in one place?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:13 AM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: MBX-5R...setup sheet, adjustments info?

I run -2 rear toe, long gray medium rear springs, long firm white front springs, 7000 wt front diff, 10k wt center diff, and 2k for rear diff, no rubber o-rings in the diffs (except of course the seal ones for the outdrive cups) as they create inconsistency, front suspension mount point 2nd hole from the top, ummm 350 wt shock oil in the front i think and 300 in the rear, and 5mm preload in front and rear. Everything else is according to the stock setup sheet. Almost all my settings are what Scott Hughes used at The Worlds, except he uses thicker sway bars.

The long springs are a Mugen optional part. To get the same results with stock springs add 13mm of spacers + 5mm, I didn't like that so I bought the optional springs of all color.

That setup gives me dang good results on almost every track without changing stuff every different track. I usually only change tires depending on the surface condition.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Donk23

is there anyplace to look that might have all the info in one place?
[link=http://users.pandora.be/elvo/]http://users.pandora.be/elvo/[/link]

The basic setup is VERY good!
It is good for every track!
It is not perfect for every track but you will have a easy handling car and be able to do consistent lap times.
It is a little understeery and does not have that agressive turn-in.

Dont do major adjustments in the beginning!
First try to learn what to change when!
And do not try to run it like a 8ight.
Try to think of a heavy tank that needs to be driven smooth and not thrown around....
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
KyJoe340

I just sold my 8ight and it was the only buggy I've driven. I knew when I bought the Mugen that it drives different and I would have to adapt. I'm anxious to drive the Mugen because it's so different. Also I would like to add that the overall quality of this buggy is awesome.

Thanks for the replies, great info.