Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

NOVAK will kill Nitro Engines !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NOVAK will kill Nitro Engines !!

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

Oh wait, I was gonna respond to that troll...no matter, he's not important enough... [>:]
I think you've just lost the war. AGAIN.

bye bye post.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:23 AM
marwankw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tower hobbies started listing those conversion kits:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUAX0&P=7
Old 02-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Calin666

That is a nat conversion kit alright, but kill ntro? Don't think so.
Many people like nitro, because well, it's nitro! lol
I think the only thing that would kill nitro would be some sort of OTHER fuel powered engine.
I don't know about others, but I like the idea of running "gas" in an RC car. It's just fun.
Granted the only electrics I have are a couple of RC18's, and I do enjoy running them, but there is just something about the allure of nitro.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Itsme7

Nitro brings a whole other perspective on the hobby. Not everyone races, so its not about being quickest. The awe factor from a little car running on gas is what makes it interesting. Plugging in and going is fun for a little, gets old fast though. I enjoy the tuning, cleaning, working on my cars, its part of the hobby that teaches alot of real life lessons. For example, before i went into Technical School 3 years ago, i had alot of knowledge from rc cars that helped me so much from working on them. Learned basic concepts of diffs, axles, suspension, engines, exhausts, ect. Most of the other kids in my Auto shop didnt have a clue, which gave me a big advantage. I would have never had that experience if i were to have gone with electric. To me its not about being able to just run, the downtime, tuning, adjusting, ect add alot of the fun. I just dont see plugging in and going to be as much fun. Its like trying to take away the nitro engines in top fuel dragsters. The whole experience is being there, the smell, the noise, ect. Its something you have to be there to understand.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Vengence

No one has said any thing about this and some one will most likly get testy with me But .......

Im just geting into nitro so im not an expert so take my comment with a grain of salt

But two electric cars with the same motor would run fairly close to the same speed correct me if im wrong

but how much skill is it going to take for some one to make a fast electric car... I know you still have all the tuning options of the car...

but isnt tring to get your engine tuned with the right pipe and fuel part of what makes the top racers the top racers....

With electric oh hes runing that brushless ill get that one.... You still have the skill level of the driver of course....

But i think that nitro makes it so the best driver may not always win the more experinced driver that knows his car and engine can come out on top....

were as the brushless is just a matter of who drives the best... Tuning the engine just seems like part of the skill in the sport

I dont know thow maybe there are tuning options on a brushless i truly know nothing about them

Like i said im a newbie so dont get mad at me just point out my mistakes im learning every day

this is a great website by the way iv learned alot about every thing in the last few weeks
Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
FoamyVictim

Well, the main tuning options on a brushless system, would be in the gearing, specific choice of motor(if they don't mandate a spec motor), and the ESC settings. On a few systems they have several throttle curves to choose from. So there could be a fair amount of tuning involved in brushless setup, but it wouldn't have the same appeal to most people that Nitro does. I can tell you that when our local races are going on, the nitro class brings people/noobs/on-lookers track side. The electric class is when they get bored and leave...
Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Furadi

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

Well, the main tuning options on a brushless system, would be in the gearing, specific choice of motor(if they don't mandate a spec motor), and the ESC settings. On a few systems they have several throttle curves to choose from. So there could be a fair amount of tuning involved in brushless setup, but it wouldn't have the same appeal to most people that Nitro does. I can tell you that when our local races are going on, the nitro class brings people/noobs/on-lookers track side. The electric class is when they get bored and leave...
QFT. The worst part of race day is when we have to wait out the mod classes. and when the nitro's are running random people start piling up around the walls.