Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Anyone own a Ofna Ultra LX1??

good pictures cbr04, glad you had fun with it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got a chance to run the buggy yesterday for the second time.Man this motor is one tough sucker to start.Once it's started it runs like a champ but starting is a task,thankfully I have the box.I'm sure it will get better the more it get's broke in but this motor would end up broke if I had to pull the darn thing.I have other nitro mills and all fire right up so I don't get this force.I like the buggy so far but looks like it will go on the self again for awhile 6 to 8 inches of snow expected later today[:@]
    Burn NITRO!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone really bashed one these I'm looking for a first Nitro and I need to know if it would hold up to about 5-10 foot jumps with good and BAD landings.
    \"My friends don\'\'t know I\'\'m black\"
    Rap - Lies = Hip-Hop

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

one of my cousins has this buggy (that's why i got mine) and he beats the sh*t outta of it. does jumps well over 10 feet and some landings are ugly. but his buggy is still running great (only replaced the spoiler and body thus far).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[img][/img]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, my con rod just went through my crank case on my force .26. What next? Something with speed and power.
    T-maxx///Revo///Vendetta ST///OFNA Ultra LX Comp///HPI BAJA 5B (Clone but still goes)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

Well, my con rod just went through my crank case on my force .26. What next? Something with speed and power.
    Go Tech 5 or 7 port (if you have a starter box)
    http://www.rccompound.com/ProductDet...tCode=GOT-215P
    http://www.rccompound.com/ProductDet...tCode=GOT-217P

or a 3 port w/pullstarter if you don't.
    http://www.rccompound.com/ProductDet...GOT2100-M10HSG

I've had my 5 port on my Jammin for over a year and a half and it got plenty of power to keeps up with almost everything on the local track.
    Jammin CR w/Go Tech .21 5 port

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Paradoxmaker

I've had my 5 port on my Jammin for over a year and a half and it got plenty of power to keeps up with almost everything on the local track.
    I'd rather have a big engine. I'm thinkg .28.
    T-maxx///Revo///Vendetta ST///OFNA Ultra LX Comp///HPI BAJA 5B (Clone but still goes)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys. spent the last few days reading up on the posts here and other sites. this one seems to be the most usefull and paid attention to (i hope). couple questions off the bat. First where can i get those blue braces on post 212. been looking all over online and at my local shopes no one seems to have them or even know who makes them. Just bought my lx1 saturday, so really no rush havn't even broke it in yet. (rainy outside past few days). i do like the look of the blue though. Second question is along the same lines. ive looked at nitrohouse, tower hobbies, even ofna online. just wondering if theres a great online place i can get anything and everything for my lx1. i love the hobbie and don't mind throwing cash around for the sweet stuff. so like the different shock set, the blue alluminam parts. (i.e. bulkheads, braces, arm bars. if anyone could point me to a site with all the goddies would be great as i have had an rc car before (rc10gt) new to 1/8th scale and ofna.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: xXsniperwolfXx

hey guys. spent the last few days reading up on the posts here and other sites. this one seems to be the most usefull and paid attention to (i hope). couple questions off the bat. First where can i get those blue braces on post 212. been looking all over online and at my local shopes no one seems to have them or even know who makes them. Just bought my lx1 saturday, so really no rush havn't even broke it in yet. (rainy outside past few days). i do like the look of the blue though. Second question is along the same lines. ive looked at nitrohouse, tower hobbies, even ofna online. just wondering if theres a great online place i can get anything and everything for my lx1. i love the hobbie and don't mind throwing cash around for the sweet stuff. so like the different shock set, the blue alluminam parts. (i.e. bulkheads, braces, arm bars. if anyone could point me to a site with all the goddies would be great as i have had an rc car before (rc10gt) new to 1/8th scale and ofna.
    Nitrohouse is your best bet for everything...

And the Blue braces are from the Ultra LX Comp II model and they are all exactly the same as the LX1's. They changed the alm color to grey when they went to the LX1 version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow. that was a quick response. thanks. So basically the blue is no longer around, just the gray? bummer if thats it. thanks again on the info. is there a trick to know if and when parts are universal. havn't had to get stuff online before had a great shop when i had my last car. So its a little comfusing when its not just a list of parts and options for my lx1. Guessing pipes and what not are just 1/8th scale marked? So anything on the lx comp l, ll would fit my lx1?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow. that was a quick response. thanks. So basically the blue is no longer around, just the gray? bummer if thats it. thanks again on the info. is there a trick to know if and when parts are universal. havn't had to get stuff online before had a great shop when i had my last car. So its a little comfusing when its not just a list of parts and options for my lx1. Guessing pipes and what not are just 1/8th scale marked? So anything on the lx comp l, ll would fit my lx1?

Well i bet they still have plenty of blue left, if you call nitrohouse i'm sure they could get you the correct parts if you want blue....

As for what's interchangeable...everything. The only parts on the LX1 that are not on the LX Comp II is the front arms and the Shocks. And both of those are direct fits to the Comp II.....

The Front suspension was the only real change between the Comp II and the LX1. But the LX1 suspension is better. So are the LX1 shocks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here is some carbon hop ups for your buggy

http://www.xtremercracing.com/Page.c...D=2995&Search=

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Paradoxmaker

I'd rather have a big engine. I'm thinkg .28.
    Go Tech makes a 3 port and 6 port .28 engine but you will need a starter box.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16979
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16332
    Nomadio Sensor, BCE Cen Matrix FRE / GO TECH .21 7P, BCE Cen TR Arena FRE / GO TECH .21 5P, \"N-Tune\" Nitro Engine Tuning Dial

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a general idea of upgrades now. the lx comp has the blue aniodized parts that will fit my lx1. the lx1 has the cnc parts which i assume are stronger then the blue ones. been checking out jp pipes. havn't even broke it in yet but thanks to this thread i have an idea of whats to come. plan on changing the diffs but not comfortable enough with the car yet. havn;t had a chance to talk to nitrohouse but if they are anything like the ofna people should be able to find and upgrade anything. not needed yet but it will come with time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a general idea of upgrades now. the lx comp has the blue aniodized parts that will fit my lx1. the lx1 has the cnc parts which i assume are stronger then the blue ones. been checking out jp pipes. havn't even broke it in yet but thanks to this thread i have an idea of whats to come. plan on changing the diffs but not comfortable enough with the car yet. havn;t had a chance to talk to nitrohouse but if they are anything like the ofna people should be able to find and upgrade anything. not needed yet but it will come with time.
    Not entirely true...The LX1 parts alm parts are exactly the same stamped parts that are on the LX Comp II. They just changed the color from blue to grey...There are CNC parts as options, but they do not come with the kit.. And yes the CNC parts are better than the blue and grey ones.

As for hoping Nitrohouse is like Ofna thats easy since they are pretty much the same people...Check the Addreses of the 2, you'll find the same address on both

Diffs arn't that bad, they just get kinda messy. If and when you change to oil, make very sure you get ALL THE GREASE out of the diffcup and off the gears. Leftover grease will contaminate the oil and sludge it up pretty bad in no time...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, Guys..

Have been away for a while but I'm back.
    We are getting some better weather up here, as the temps are in the 40's (beats -20F) so I should have this bug broke in very soon.
    I love Nitro :]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thor04

Its all done..the crome rims aren't mine just had to see how it looked
    How do you like that Axial engine and pipe set-up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spent all day running this beast in the snow and ice (break in). It took about 30-40 minutes to get it running at first (this is usual for me lol) but after the piston and sleeve broke in, the engine was very forgiving and ran great. I have heard of a few bad stories about how these Force engines are a pain to run and tune but I have not experienced any of that. It was about 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside and temps were around 220 (snow and ice on ground). I ran an entire quart of 20% O'Donnell's Racing fuel threw it.

I did run in to a few minor problems though.. For one my receiver batteries died very fast, so I am hoping someone could give me another suggestion (using Rechargeable Energizers now)? And second- All day I was just running with front brakes. The rear's brake linkage wasn't working all to well. The "pin" always fell out of the hole that connected to the pads (get what I am saying?). After using a few methods to keep it in there I gave up and took of all the rear brake linkage (so it wouldn't move around and beat on things). Any suggestions on how to stop this? I am sure some of you have experienced this as well.

Overall I am very pleased, watching this car power slid out of a very icy corner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So Far so good haven't had a chance to really let her rip yet though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know what you mean.. Looks like your some were in Canada and I bet your getting worse weather than me. Today it was nice though and I really got to test my bug out a fare bit[8D]

I would really like you to post up on how well that set-up works when you get a chance to test it out, as it is what I am planing on getting it in the future.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL:
    I did run in to a few minor problems though.. For one my receiver batteries died very fast, so I am hoping someone could give me another suggestion (using Rechargeable Energizers now)? And second-
    So your using Rechargables with the AA battery holder??

IF so, thats why they dies soo fast.

Alkaline are 1.5v per battery, rechargeable batteries are 1.2v..So 4 Alky AA's is 6v while 4 Recharge AA's are 4.8..Thats why rechargable batteries for 1/8th RC's are all 5 cell packs (1.2*5=6v).

Either make a yourself a 5 cell AA battery pack (althought i'm not sure this will fit in a LX radio box).

Or by a regular 5 call rechargeable hump pack...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Had a huge problem with my Force today (second day).. Half way threw my day, the engine shuts off... Then it won't start and locks up[:@] Take a look inside and find the bottom of the connecting rod destroyed, which in turn destroyed some other components. Knowing how good this engine ran right be for it blew up, I think it was avoidable. When I broke in the engine I didn't really go threw all the steps that were necessary and that must of caused some kind of stress and it could only handle so much be for it went boom.

I still think it could have been a great engine, if I broke it in right. DON'T SKIP BREAK IN!!! (if only I thought of that be for)

I was thinking about rebuilding, replacing and starting things off right, but instead I figured I would just get a new engine. So headed my way is an Axial .28. I will be running all the stock gear with it- Clutch/Air filter/Manifold/Pipe, as they only have about a quart and a half of fuel threw them.

Should have it up and running in a week (waiting on parts), and will get some pics up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bad breakin can destroy an engine but don't for get that long WIDE OPEN THROTTLE passes can wipe out the connecting rod also..

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast