Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
solareclipsed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

I broke the crank in my force 28 and bough a used engine with a good crank and bad sleeve but I cannot get the sleeve out of it to put mine in it. Any ideas on how to get it out. It will come up about 1/16 of an inch if that far but not any farther. I have even tried to grab that little bit with a vise and pull it out but it wont budge. Any way to get the rod and piston out with the sleeve in it.
Please help.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 02:08 AM
ahawk65
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: need help

With the head off, carefully rotate the crank so that the piston pushes the sleeve upwards, assuming there is still a bit of pinch. If this is what you have done to get the 1/16" out, try using a small flat head screw driver to gently, without scratching anything, pry the sleeve out. If this does not work, attempt to get it out by putting a zip-tie in the exhaust port then turning the crankshaft so that it pushes the sleeve out a bit more. Then use the screw driver again to try to get it where you can pull it out by hand. It may help to use a lubricant around the sleeve such as WD-40. Put a good amount around it then let it soak for a few minutes, then try the above methods. Good luck! =)

Edit: It is generally not possible to get the piston and rod out without removing the sleeve first. Sorry, missed this question.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 AM
ecocav04

put a thick ziptie in the exhaust port and turn the crank over with a screw driver it should push it right out
Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
mozzzy_2000

put a thick ziptie in the exhaust port and turn the crank over
ditto to that. Should work every time.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Uglysteve

If it's still stuck after the zip tie trick, heat it up with a heat gun or in the oven at 275 for 10 minutes. Then it should come right out.