Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Axe Rossi Mamba .21 Break-in

Ok, I don't think I would be able to do that...

But now I have other problem: there was a lick on main needle valve and I wanted to tighten it a bit... but I broke it... Can anyoane tell me where can I buy one of this??? Because I can't find it!!! Or from what other engine will it fit??? I tried from an Axial .28 (my other engine) but it doesn't fit. Can it be from any other .21 engine???

Please help!

Thank you!
    AquaCRaft Hammer EP, Savage X 4.1, Savage X 4.6
    Mugen MBX5T Prospec / Futaba 3PL 2.4 / HiTec Titanium

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From My experience you will need to replace the needle with another axe rossi. But you might be able to use a nova rossi needle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i was about to buy The Mamba today but with all these problems that everyone had I am undecided!!!!Should I buy either a Ninja 21 JX consedering i already own a Vspec on my mbx5t prospec...or novarossi plus 21 5k? LMK any sugestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a mamba and its sweet as a nut. Not had a single problem.
    Mind you thats not to say they don't have them, but i'm more than impressed with mine.
    Xray XB8 TQ, Hyper 7 TQ, Monster GT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have tuned a good few of these motors as well as sold many to guys and have yet to have any hassles.
    worst issues i have had to date was a leaking front bearing and a worn rod on a Mamba.
    Yes it is a schlep to runnin but once that is out of teh way they are awesome.
    Guys are always comparing to OS Speeds and VZB's and RB's etc.... but yet myself and a few other guys can run with all of these motors with relative ease.
    A buddy who drives a Losi8 runs a Axe Sport motorand two national events so far this year in the A and B mains.

So its all about process, taking teh time to runnin and heat cycle the motors and getting to understand how to tune them.
    So many guys will always blame the product yet they are the problem.
    If you have hassles tuning get a 2nd or 3rd opinion and when in doubt refer back to factory settings.
    Casterracing ZX-1R Pro/AxeMotorRossi Cobra.
    SANWA Super EXZES Spektrumized.TeamMagic G4s/Palmaris Profi PR12.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rologti

Hi,
    I send a mail to AXE ROSSI asking how the break in should be done...and they anwer me the following (it's true, the break in is really long!!!)

ENGINE BREAKING IN INSTRUCTIONS

AXE Rossi high performance engines must be correctly broken-in for maximum performance and life! Rushing this process can result in premature engine failure.

The carburetor of our AXE Engines is set at the factory at a rich setting for an easy start of the engine. The factory initial setting is the following: Main needle 3.5 turn open from closed position – Idle needle 2.5 turn open from closet position.

For a good break-in run the engine while the car is sitting off the ground at that rich setting for 3-4 tanks and then for the next 3-6 liters (1-1,5 gallons) run it on the ground at a low speed and gradually speed it up while you progress through each tank and leaning the high speed needle 1/8th of a turn at a time until it runs close to peak performance. Please don't take short cuts and run less tanks.

Make sure the engine stays within a reasonable temperature range 110-120Β°C (230-248Β°F) and make sure you see a good amount of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust throughout the throttle range to insure you are not running the engine overly lean. Do not run the engine too lean or you will over heat it and cause permanent damage to the internal components of the engine.

Remember always run the engine with a clean air filter.

FUEL
    The fuel is very important for the run of the engine.
    The correct fuel needs to contain:
    NITRO 20-30%
    Synthetic Oil 6-8%
    Castor Oil 2-3%

Axe Rossi recommends the following Fuel brands:
    AXE by ROGA
    ROGA
    BYRON
    O’DONNELL
    I haven't been on here in quite awhile so I thought I'd stop by and update everyone since I started the conversation, I finally got my Mamba running right following the above suggestions from Axe that rologti posted and completed the break-in (which is insanely long) and my Mamba has been running like a raped ape ever since, I still prefer my V-spec but the Mamba is an excellent engine, just a pain to break-in.
    Jammin X1-CRT Pro .21 V-spec, Jammin X1 CR FTE Axe Mamba Rossi .21, Ofna Violator 9.5 Force .32

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am trying to find an motor that runs for along time, last along time and hangs with the higher end motors. I know most guys here in houston are using OS but I have heard good things about the way the Italian's make their motors. Is Italian made the way???? It says the Axe has 3.1hp, does this mean its going to be all low end or is it smooth all the way to the top?
    I cannot decide on the following engines?????

-Axe Rossi MAMBA X1 Evolution

-Go Technology .21 7-Port

-O.S. Max .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just bought the AXE VP MOD COBRA, can some body suggest a clutch for the engine. I looked at the Fioroni and the werks but for the price wasn't sure if there was some just as good for less.

Thanks
    I finally broke bread and bought a real charger , THE TRITON 2............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-Axe Rossi MAMBA X1 Evolution

WOW! I just started the engine for the first time yesterday evening, and I just fell in love with it!
    I did have an issue, but that was my fault, not the engine's. I had the clutch too tight where the fly-wheel would just jam and I kept thinking that it was the engine pinch.

THIS ENGINE IS AMAZING.
    First touch on the starter box (OFNA) and it was running. Factory settings were just right, but I did richen it a bit cause this is a hot country.
    This thing idles for ever and has great acceleration even when rich.
    Yes the break in is a long process (I am following the one in this post), but wife and I are enjoying it.

Overall, the Axe Rossi MAMBA X1 Evolution engine is THE BEST I've owned so far.
    MP777, Axe Rossi Mamba X1 Evo, Futaba 3PKS FASST HS-7966HB Throttle HS-7955TG Steering, Inferno US Sport 2, Hitec HS645MG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12