Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hurricane xp

Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Harker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hurricane xp

i recently got a hurricane xp which had a broken steering servo when it arrived. the dealer gave me a brand new one and it worked great. i got the car broken in, and out of no where it started to become sluggish, then whenever i tried to make it go faster or turn it wouldn't do anything. the things wheels will twitch and it will get sudden bursts of power without me pulling the throttle. IS IT THE CONTROLLER! WHAT DO I DO? Help!!!!![]
Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Zonk

Default RE: hurricane xp

Is it metal on metal contact? If your using the stock AM radio thats a big cause of interference. Try upgrading to a FM setup (or borrowing one first) as well as making sure theresd nothing loose in the car thats causing it, radio antena lead not damaged? Also invest in a metal geared steering servo, Hitech and Thunder Tiger are the best but towerpro make good value metal one's as well at a fraction of the price. Also make sure you have a failsafe (like $15) and a throttle return spring for added insurance (like $3).
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
{GBI}Harryball

Is the huracane brand new? If it is it should have a FM system. Check to make sure that your batteries are in all the way, aswell as all of the connections to the reciever. Also make sure that your crystal are pushed in all the way.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
vnmsgt

If you are using AA batteries in the hurricane (not the controller) check them. When I used to use them I would wrap electrical tape around them to keep them in. If not they will pop out on you and you will have problems like you explained.