Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

problems with hurricane xp

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Harker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with hurricane xp

if my hurricanes wheels twitch at a distance of five feet, and the throttle isn't working, is it the crystal. if so can it be fixed or replaced without replacing the entire controller? where is the crystal and what does it look like[&o]
Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
zeen420
Banned

Default RE: problems with hurricane xp

ORIGINAL: Harker1

if my hurricanes wheels twitch at a distance of five feet, and the throttle isn't working, is it the crystal. if so can it be fixed or replaced without replacing the entire controller? where is the crystal and what does it look like[&o]
Go to the Redcat forums on here bud! That sounds like some low batteries to me, or some with the crystals
Old 03-10-2008, 11:51 PM
VBANKS

If you are using the factory AM radio, then it means that it may take off at top speed and won't stop until it crashes into something unmoveable. I know because that is exactly what happend to mine on my first run with it. I would change the transmitter radio to something better and you shouldn't have that problem anymore unless your batteries in either the radio or battery pack are dead.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:39 AM
martrix

yep ditch all of the radio gear. Buy once and get something that will last for a long, long time , like a Spektrum DX2.0 or 3.0. I had a runaway with the original radio gear straight into a tree and then down into a creek. After all sorts of stuffing around to find out what the problem was, I removed it and installed a Spektrum DX3.0. and a 6v NiMh hump pack for the Rx. Never had a hint of a problem from then on. Spektrum also has a fail safe built in and comes with decent servos., so there is another saving. Have a look on youtube for my radio glitching problems with my bazooka/hurricane.

Also be prepared to change your servos to decents ones, as the stock ones dont last long.