Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

New user- NEED HELP finding a buggy!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New user- NEED HELP finding a buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 AM
stangman67
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user- NEED HELP finding a buggy!

Hey Guys,

I am a new user and in need of some assistance in finding a buggy. I have had nitro onroad experience, but this will be my first buggy. I want a RTR but i want to be able to upgrade it to race eventually. At this point i would like to spend 300 to 350 dollars for the buggy. I have been doing a lot of research and made a few posts on other forums but have not gotten much help. The buggies i have been looking at are the OFNA hyper 7 tq rtr with a macstar .28 and the robotronics Protos with an axial .28. I realize parts availability may be harder with the protos, but i also heard that this buggy is very fast and can be upgraded pretty easily. I just need some opinions on what to get. I am also open to suggestions on other buggies too.

Thanks alot, any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Zach
Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 AM
jonnymac

Default RE: New user- NEED HELP finding a buggy!

Hyper 7 all day long. Very upgradeable, extremely tough, and good cheap spares availability.
Can bash and race well. The only budget buggy worth having IMO
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 AM
rc rock

di you look at the cen c-1?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:29 AM
stangman67
My Feedback: (1)

Yes i did consider the C1 but it is a good 120 more expensive than the other two. I really do not want to spend that much and I have heard that the Robitronic Protos has more potential than the CEN. I just am not sure about the quality of the protos at this point.