Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna Picco Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:25 PM
mhawkins0180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Picco Buggy

Hi all, I'm thinking about buying a buggy in the next couple of months (don't want to spend too much with a 3 month old at home) and I've been doing some research. I've thought about the CEN Matrix and Hyper 7 RTRs. I was just reading the latest issue of RC Driver and saw an add for a new Ofna Picco RTR Buggy. I can't find anything about the buggy anywhere except the ad. It kind of looks like the Ultra LX1, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else seen it?

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Dokioto

Default RE: Ofna Picco Buggy

I saw it in the R/C Driver ad as well.. It does resemble my LX1 in a way. Try emailing Ofna if your really interested.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:50 PM
RacinRon

Or email Greg Vogal at R/C driver , he would know as well and be very willing to help out. Great guy and magazine!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 AM
mattyb13

hi there, I have both the OFNA ULTRA COMP and the MATRIX BUGGY. The Matrix is much lighter and lower CG than the Ofna. I would get the CEN, the Ofna wont hold its Value and the Matrix cars are going up in aftermarket value and demand right now... Plus the Matrix comes with a KILLER radio and CEN has started using the SH.28 as the RTR engine for the buggy! GOOD DEAL!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Chopped02

OFNA does make some quality buggies. However, in my opinion, if you are going to choose between the OFNA LX1 and the CEN Matrix, I would say go for the Matrix. I bought a Matrix RTR for myself and the LX1 for my son. We both race at local tracks and I could not keep the LX1 together to save my life so, I ended up giving him my Matrix. It just keeps taking his abuse and comes back for more. You also get a much better radio set up with the Matrix. The only real upgrade I would suggest on the Matrix before you race or bash is, get the CNC upper bell crank. The stock plastic one breaks very easily. Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Chopped02

OFNA does make some quality buggies. However, in my opinion, if you are going to choose between the OFNA LX1 and the CEN Matrix, I would say go for the Matrix. I bought a Matrix RTR for myself and the LX1 for my son. We both race at local tracks and I could not keep the LX1 together to save my life so, I ended up giving him my Matrix. It just keeps taking his abuse and comes back for more. You also get a much better radio set up with the Matrix. The only real upgrade I would suggest on the Matrix before you race or bash is, get the CNC upper bell crank. The stock plastic one breaks very easily. Hope this helps.
I don''t see how that would help as it has nothing to do with the original question...[&:]
Old 04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Chopped02

Considering he had mentioned the LX1 and Matrix buggy as possible choices, I gave him my opinion on both. Maybe I read the original post wrong but, is it really necessary to be rude to other people when we are supposed to be helping each other? Have a nice day.
ORIGINAL: Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Chopped02

I don''''t see how that would help as it has nothing to do with the original question...[&:]
Old 04-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Dokioto

Your right... My bad I shouldn't of been rude Just had one of those days..

I personally love my LX1..
Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 AM
redbarton

ORIGINAL: mhawkins0180

Hi all, I'm thinking about buying a buggy in the next couple of months (don't want to spend too much with a 3 month old at home) and I've been doing some research. I've thought about the CEN Matrix and Hyper 7 RTRs. I was just reading the latest issue of RC Driver and saw an add for a new Ofna Picco RTR Buggy. I can't find anything about the buggy anywhere except the ad. It kind of looks like the Ultra LX1, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else seen it?

Thanks.
The June 2008 RCCA has the ad too. I'd like to see more detailed shots of the chassis. I did just buy a CEN Matrix though. $250 for a brand new RTR was just too good to pass up. This Picco buggy might be a nice, cheap option to start racing with since it already has a .21 engine in it. I wish my Matrix did so I don't have to go through the hassle of swapping in a race legal engine. Anybody want a brand new SH .28?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
amf66

What issue number of RC Driver was it?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Pedsaktix

ORIGINAL: redbarton

ORIGINAL: mhawkins0180

Thanks.
The June 2008 RCCA has the ad too. I'd like to see more detailed shots of the chassis. I did just buy a CEN Matrix though. $250 for a brand new RTR was just too good to pass up. This Picco buggy might be a nice, cheap option to start racing with since it already has a .21 engine in it. I wish my Matrix did so I don't have to go through the hassle of swapping in a race legal engine. Anybody want a brand new SH .28?

I'll take your .28 Engine... I'll even pay for shipping!!

Anyway, the Cen is pretty tough buggy and very agile yet forgiving... It's a well thought out design, very comparable to the high dollar buggies if not better. From the ultra smooth big bore shocks to big block SH engine and a decent digital FM radio (Airtronics MX-3) you really can't go wrong.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 PM
youwish16

cen sounds like a good deal, the only rtr buggy that i thought was a better value was the turmoil, to bad its not made anymore.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
DS

what is the new ofna picco buggy
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 AM
DS

picco buggy at nitrohouse for 349, is this buggy a racer, what is it http://www.nitrohouse.com/
Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 AM
INTEGRA

CEN's DO NOT hold there value....sorry to say...but the Matrix and the TR and 1 of the worst cars that.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Pedsaktix

Cen is not that expensive to begin with.. compared to them high dollar over hyped buggies.

Im curious though with your findings. would you please share where did you see a used really cheap Cen buggy? as I would love to buy another one at bargain price..

*Ninja Edit*
Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 AM
musclecar64

What do you mean by "high dollar over hyped buggies"?
There IS a major difference between the entry level buggies and the so called "high end race buggies", whether people want to admit it or not.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Pedsaktix

Much like your RC8... It's over priced and over hyped buggy.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Pedsaktix

Cen is not that expensive to begin with.. compared to them high dollar over hyped buggies.

Im curious though with your findings. would you please share where did you see a used really cheap Cen buggy? as I would love to buy another one at bargain price..

*Ninja Edit*
I sold a truggy AND buggy i think for like 300...maby 350 now that i think of it......CEN's are near IMPOSSIBLE to sell and get any usable coin back out of em....if u think otherwise...Just u wait n see how hard it is to sell that TR of yours if it comes to it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
mattyb13

These forums are so helpful and can be so ridiculous at the same time. I have to submit my .02 on this topic. I look at the R/C market like this. There are absolutely the buggies/brands out there that have shown year in and year out that their competition and market proven success demands a higher ticket value. I.E. Kyosho etc... That is simple and they have earned it. Then there are companies that are bottom of the "HOBBY" barrel. Thats fine too because this hobby AND IT IS A HOBBY is expensive. Noone can deny that. I say if a consumer can only afford a very inexpensive kit to get into the hobby then hey, at least there is one more hobbyist enjoying it with us and for that I am stoked. The more guys at the track the better! Then there are the middle or B level brands. These brands are nipping at the heels of the bigger named, high dollar companies. They are investing in the right R&D, products, team and marketing and Customer service to get to the level where their gear will demand the higher price tags and start beating the big guys at the track! I as a hobbyist enjoy being associated and supporting these middle level brands (CEN for me) as they are the ones shaking things up in thhe R/C industry, and forcing the higher end brands to work waaayyy harder to stay on top. I feel there is more value for a higher level of performance at this level and what I might save on one of these manufacturers kits and products allows me to invest in better accessories and electronics or fuel or whatever! I think CEN is a great example of a middle or B level brand that is working hard! They have PROVEN market success with the Matrix buggy and Truggy. There are MANY consumers whom are very happy with their products and CEN is building a larger and more loyal following every day. They have shown their ability to react to the market, and their consumers and continually innovate and invest. NO BRAND OR PRODUCT is perfect. A brands ability to react to issues with its products is what sets it apart. There was a time when CEN wasnt considered a competition level brand. They have turned a corner. They Invested, innovated their products and listened to consumers. That is enough to earn my business. I think one of the reasons that the current Matrix buggy and Truggy are losing a bit of resale value right now is because there is a lot of anticipation around the new REMATRIX that is on the horizon. People are excited about new products. That is a good thing and CEN has done a good job at building this excitement. These are just a couple of my observations and opinions. I need to go to the track and have fun with my hobby. IF there are dudes there getting all puffy because they have a more expensive kit and creating bad or condecending vibes then that is the absolute last thing this hobby is supposed to be about and I am OUT! I use this hobby as a way to unwind and relax. Integra, I think you are a pretty informed guy but I will draw one parallel for you to think about. Your moniker and avatar photo are of an integra... (great car by the way.) Acura is absolutely a honda and there have been many many races where the honda has beaten the Acura... regardless of on the lot sticker price.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:08 PM
INTEGRA

99.9% of guys will skim that msg as rubbish.....pagagraphs really help ......anyways...my username nor my Avatar has Anything to do with racing brands vs brands....i honestly dont know how u drew that conclusion about me.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
mattyb13

Integra...
I drew no conclusions about you. Ive no reason or need to. I merely used your username and avatar as an example to illustrate my point. My note actually had NOTHING to do with you. My aoplogies if thats how you perceived it.
Thank you for reading my thoughts, I agree and I will work on correct paragraph construction in my writing. I hope you have a good weekend and continue to enjoy R/C as I do.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: mattyb13

Integra...
I drew no conclusions about you. Ive no reason or need to. I merely used your username and avatar as an example to illustrate my point. My note actually had NOTHING to do with you. My aoplogies if thats how you perceived it.
Thank you for reading my thoughts, I agree and I will work on correct paragraph construction in my writing. I hope you have a good weekend and continue to enjoy R/C as I do.

Oh i will....i got my first points race this sunday and look forward to kickin some A**....No worries about the example u were trying to explain....this being the Internet its hard to really tell what people's True feeling are unless they Blatently state them.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
musclecar64

ORIGINAL: Pedsaktix

Much like your RC8... It's over priced and over hyped buggy.
Dude, did you seriously just take a shot at a top level racing buggy while advocating that a matrix is better? Are you kidding me?!?!?! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
I PITY THE FOOL who bought mediocre stuff thinking it was just as good as high performance, high quality gear.
Anyway, have fun with your little CEN Matrix.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM
mattyb13

No,
That wasnt at all what I was implying. Not even close. My little Matrix and I will be fine. Thanks. People need to relax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.