Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Engine idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
tcblr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine idle problem

Ok I have the sportwerks .26 engine that is broken in properly and running good now for the most part. I took my car to a track today and I noticed that after running full wide open throttle and then letting off the triger to hit a jump the engine doesn't go back to idle imediately causing the wheels to continue spinning and causing my car to jump nose high or backflip. I have checked throttle linkages and idle screw settings. It Idles just fine and doesn't have a tedancy to spin the wheels unless I have made a highspeed full throttle run. after 15 to 20 sec. it goes back to normal idle "no wheel spin". I backed the idle screw out a bit but I cant keep the engine running with such a low idle setting. I'm new at this so Im sure I'm missing something. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
rccheech

Default RE: Engine idle problem

May be an air leak??? possibyl???
Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
My Name Is Brad

try to to richen the HSN up an 1/8 turn.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
martrix

air leak.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:20 AM
pete8541

Your low end is too lean.

and that's the truth!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:55 AM
adam-69

richen your low end, its too lean causing the engine to race when its let down onto the low end settings.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:10 PM
dar123

it could be that your flywheel is heavy thus making it slower to return to idle!
Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Rockman

It also could be the angle of your carb in relation to the linkage. Maybe it moved a little and now it is causing the carb to stick. Also are you running a spring or rubber bands to close the throttle. This is good to help stop a runaway vehicle and helps close the carb.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:53 PM
tcblr
My Feedback: (3)

Well for all that thought lean LSN... you were correct. I richened the LSN a little and it seemed to help. I think it may need a little more yet but I will have to finish tuning it in another day due to rain today. Thanks for everyones input.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Stab

Look for the simple things like: Is your throttle/brake linkage binding preventing your servo returning all the way? Whats the condition of your throttle /brake servo? Is it old an worn, is it working properly? Did you by accident (or not) possibley hit your throttle / break trim on your transmitter? EPA's set correctly? If it was once running smoothly and now just "started" doing this without you adjusting the needles those are some examples of where I'd look right off, unless you have had a big weather change where you have to adjust them for proper tune.