Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Slow Steering...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
N-4-Speeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Steering...

I got a hobbico high torque servo for my ravager, and it has enough torque (133 oz-in), but is SLOW. If I remember correctly it's like .26 or .28 seconds, even slower than stock. It doesn't seem to handle that great anymore. Could the .1 second difference in servo speed be the culprit or am I imagining things?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
stz28

Default RE: Slow Steering...

Could be a couple things. First, are you using the standard 4 cell battery pack. If yes, then upgrade to 5 cell/6 volt pack instead. This will give your servo a speed boost.

Other questions....1)are your batteries still good? one bad cell will really slow things down.
2)is your linkage binding anywhere? 3) Is there dirt in the bushings/bearings? 4)Is your servo saver properly adjusted? 5)Is the servo making strange noises...even with no load? 6)how are you checking the speed...if the car is sitting in high grass the front will turn much slower than if the wheels were off the ground.

This shouldn't be too hard a problem to sort out.

Good luck.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
N-4-Speeed

I'm using a venom 1200mah pack, and the speeds I said were manufacturer quotes. As far as I know the linkage is OK. It does seem to make strange noises (compared to other servos).
Old 05-23-2008, 05:14 PM
UF DUB

a transit time of .26 is pretty slow. you will notice in comparison to a servo with .1 or .15 transit time. eventually, u should upgrade to a strong, fast servo and accept that it will cost some dough. in the meantime, remove all areas of bindings and maximize what you have and make sure your batteries are good.