Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Inferno MP9

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Inferno MP9

I have always had Kyosho, and never had problems with parts, just a month ago I broke the front lower suspension on one side, Amain hobbies had them, $6 for the whole set fwd and aft, I find the parts cheap so always order whatever I think might break, and they really don't brake that easily.

Thanks for the comments on the upcomming car, we'll see what happens in the worlds, and yes, they have the good drivers, but at the end, the good drivers can choose who to be sponsored by, and that tells alot.

I have never seen a champion on any R/C class going for the fair priced or cheap stuff.

It might not be what everybody wnats to see, but that's the reallity.

Regards
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
ProRCRacer88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kyosho not only has good drivers but have good kits. They hold up excellent and for anyone to say they are overrated has never owned a kyosho obviously. I feel the same way about mugen even though i havent had one yet, but there will be a mugen in the garage in the future somewhere down the road.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
vic viper

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Kyosho not only has good drivers but have good kits. They hold up excellent and for anyone to say they are overrated has never owned a kyosho obviously. I feel the same way about mugen even though i havent had one yet, but there will be a mugen in the garage in the future somewhere down the road.

Have owned and raced a 777 WC, I was happy with it until I finally found the brand that opened my eyes for real - xray.
when comparing the two the 777 doesnt stand a chance when looking at build quality, stability and design .. the 777 are still using a standing steering servo for crying out loud, and that is supposed to be a thoroughbred?

I really cant tell much difference when racing the two, but with all the other advantages of the xray, the choice was easy.

I stick with the fact that Kyosho is overrated,
Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Osirisf16

Don't forget that Xray are thiefs somehow. They stolen Mugen designs for their buggy and from kyosho for their touring car.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: vic viper

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Have owned and raced a 777 WC, I was happy with it until I finally found the brand that opened my eyes for real - xray.
when comparing the two the 777 doesnt stand a chance when looking at build quality, stability and design .. the 777 are still using a standing steering servo for crying out loud, and that is supposed to be a thoroughbred?

I really cant tell much difference when racing the two, but with all the other advantages of the xray, the choice was easy.

I stick with the fact that Kyosho is overrated,
The way you're talking you make it sound as if an upright steering servo is a major handicap...
I'm not a Kyosho fanboy but your argument makes no sense...
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
vic viper

I didnt say that, just pointed out that the Kyoshos utilize a very old design, not much have changed from the first Inferno, the upright steering servo is just one example of this.
I bought my 777 because a lot of people in my club drove them, today I can see that that was a mistake, mainly because of the sheer cheap look of the Kyosho and the hugely overpriced parts.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:35 PM
A.B.U

The 8ight has a stand up servo..
and it's one of the best handling buggies ATM..

I wouldn't mind the MP9.. actually I want a different buggy..
Plus if Gil Losi JR was one of the designers...
it's gotta be good
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
ProRCRacer88

lol, if the standing steering servo is the best you can come up with then theres no need for me to say nothing more. Id gladly own a kit from another top brand name out there but to say that kyosho is overrated is crazy. "Different strokes for different folks"

Back on topic, cant wait to see whats under that egg shell, probably will be carbon fiber options on it instead of the 7075 aluminum on the older models. Most likly will be another truggy out in another year similar to the mp9 chassis design.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
vic viper

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

Yeah, and we all know how well that works
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
jonnymac

LOL
Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Yet another foot in mouth situation...
the servo that people have problems with on the eight is on the throttle side not steering...
I have my own opinion on kyosho and as far as i know, the MP-9 was designed by Y.KANAI so don't expect any revolutionary ideas on it.
the RC8 which has an upright servo as well, it isn't a completely original design like the Losi, but no one can deny that the car gets around a track quite well...
there's nothing wrong with using proven designs.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM
apereira

If it works, what difference does it makes?, how much can you change in a buggy? So if Kanai puts the motor laying on its side, then is a good thing?????
Old 06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Actually the upright servo is better because the travel remains the same all the way through the motion. With the lay down it gives an expo effect toward the mid-end of its travel. The RC8 can be mounted in either position desired,and I have yet to see anyone at the race track or any pro car with it mounted laying down. I wouldn't call the Kyosho overratted, just a little over priced and unless you live close to Amain hobbies,they are difficult to get parts for compared to Losi or Associated or even Mugen for that matter,but then again Xray parts are even harder to get than K-parts.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM
A.B.U

Yea it works great, doesn't it?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
rccheech

Works just fine on mine (need to compare apple to apples here) the Losi rtr's have the problem not the kits.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
ProRCRacer88

Thats a shame.. they release a kit with throttle linkage problems cause servos to get blown if you dont do something a certain way..
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Osirisf16

What is the difference between the KIT and the RTR? This is ridiculous. How the heck is this happening?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: rccheech

Works just fine on mine (need to compare apple to apples here) the Losi rtr's have the problem not the kits.
that's what I'm saying man.. nothing wrong with the steering in the 8ight. vic viper doesn't know what he's talking about. Unless he's complimenting on how well it turns and handles over all.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Skillhouette

And what is wrong with the steering servos on the eights?I have not heard of any issues with steering on the rtr or the kit... ?? Or did i miss something?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:30 AM
vic viper

Read what I am wrighting, I am not ONLY complaining about the upright steering servo, this isnt the main reason I changed brand!
The main reasons why I think Kyosho is overrated are:

*Way too expensive parts
*Parts are hard to find
*Parts are often on backorder
*Composite moldings look and feel cheap
*Dont like radio box
*Old design (several years), no exclusive feel
*"Made in China" ?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Osirisf16

It's Japan buddy. And in RC world we saying that the more money you put, the more descent car you got. Parts are hard to find BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT BUYING CRAPS, AND THERE ARE MANY MANY COMPANYS NOW COMPARE TO THE OLD DAYS. WHO WILL BUY KYOSHO NOW? THERE ARE CARS THAT CAN BASHING AS GOOD AS THE KYOSHOS. Kyosho has that little extra that making them CHAMPIONS. I will not change brand even if it's the end of the world. Kyosho all the way.

And about their radio box, it's the most beautiful and nice radio box i ever seen. Full comfortable and is not braking so easily as the Hyper's one, GEEZ.

Their parst are 1st quality in the market. Parts feel cheap??? If you compare an inferno 7.5 with a Xray 808 or a Mugen MBX5 or something competition as these, then you lost your mind.

Did you ever think who is the world champion right now? Last year they won AGAIN the 1/8 onroad championship with the Evolva M3. We will see who will win this year's championship and comment.

If you can't find any kyosho parts available (backorder), then there is the www.kyoshoamerica.com you know, where you can find them all STOCK.

And kyosho hasn't any problems with burning steering servos, that sucks for the RTR 8ights as you saying

No offense but i really don't want you to make people think the bad thing for Kyosho. Kyosho is a descent brand. If you don't like it, then you lost your mind. [&:]

Ouf...now i'm relaxed [8D]
Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 AM
vic viper

ORIGINAL: Osirisf16

It's Japan buddy. And in RC world we saying that the more money you put, the more descent car you got. Parts are hard to find BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT BUYING CRAPS, AND THERE ARE MANY MANY COMPANYS NOW COMPARE TO THE OLD DAYS. WHO WILL BUY KYOSHO NOW? THERE ARE CARS THAT CAN BASHING AS GOOD AS THE KYOSHOS. Kyosho has that little extra that making them CHAMPIONS. I will not change brand even if it's the end of the world. Kyosho all the way.

And about their radio box, it's the most beautiful and nice radio box i ever seen. Full comfortable and is not braking so easily as the Hyper's one, GEEZ.

Their parst are 1st quality in the market. Parts feel cheap??? If you compare an inferno 7.5 with a Xray 808 or a Mugen MBX5 or something competition as these, then you lost your mind.

Did you ever think who is the world champion right now? Last year they won AGAIN the 1/8 onroad championship with the Evolva M3. We will see who will win this year's championship and comment.

If you can't find any kyosho parts available (backorder), then there is the www.kyoshoamerica.com you know, where you can find them all STOCK.

And kyosho hasn't any problems with burning steering servos, that sucks for the RTR 8ights as you saying

No offense but i really don't want you to make people think the bad thing for Kyosho. Kyosho is a descent brand. If you don't like it, then you lost your mind. [&:]

Ouf...now i'm relaxed [8D]

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you have no reason to say that I have lost it because I personally dont like your favorite brand.
If you take time and read what I have been wrighting inn this thread you will surely notice that I have owned a 777 WC and it is this car I am comparing with ie. Xray or Mugen not the 7.5, dont even know why youre involving toys in this discussion?
If you have the chance, take for example a brand new control arm from a xray and compare it with an arm from a 777, youll see the difference.
And you are completly sure that your Kyosho and its parts are all made in Japan?, I have sold my 777 WC so I cant check for my self, but I still have some original parts left and most of them say "made in china"
And again, its not the car that is winning championships, its the driver, put the same driver behind any other car and the results would probably be very similar.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Osirisf16

Seriously, have you ever seen something that is not made in China? China is the center of the world market. You are comparing a Xray part with the kyosho. You don't know what kind of material combo does the factory used to make this part, do you?

Sure and is your opinion. You just be very offensive to Kyosho and you can make people change their opinion too about Kyosho, that's what i wanted to said. Really, no offense. I don't care who have which one, just have a good time. AND THEY ARE ALL TOYS Buying the MP777 WC, i can say that it was a husty move. I wouldn't do that if i were you. Why? Because of one reasons you listed before. IT'S ALMOST THE SAME THING AS THE OTHER MP777s Oh, and the "lost your mind" is way to speak buddy, don't worry [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-11-2008, 06:52 AM
apereira

Calm down guys, we do not know who is on the other end(most of the times), and some times big arguments are created from some one that can not do a full lap without flipping the car over.

Kyosho is a good brand, it has always been, the are still world champions, if the other brands came close, fine, but didn't win, no excuses there, the idea keeps being doing comments about the car improvements, but always, some one gets on the Kyosho threads, just to bash it, I still do no know why, I'm not phsycollogist obviosly.

I was surprised when I went to China to see that "all" is made there, is ridiculous, and they hve cities called JAPAN, USA, etc. So it is hard to realize what is made there or not.

Lets keep having fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Osirisf16

I agree dude, sure. I'm not a maniac. I have other brands too and having fun but i notice that Kyosho has something more compare to others. Anyway, i think we must stop here on arguying, is ridiculous. The only think we will do is to hate each other. Lets go back to the fun part, shall we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.