Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

DUBAI RACE DAY JULY 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUBAI RACE DAY JULY 4

If you're in the UAE and want to take part in the race on Friday July 4th at Nad Al Sheba race track, send a text to 050 850 1004 to register yourself. Include your name, the make of your car & engine, your transmitter frequency and (if using) the crystal number.

Think it's 75/- Dhs on the day, the reason for the pre-registration is so that all the data can be loaded into the race computer the night before and we're not spending all the time doing paperwork on the day, delaying the racing.

I think we're meant to have a sponsor this week, so trophies for the winners as well as prizes.

It was decided last race to try and finish the A-main during day light hours...so get to it!!.

Get to the track a bit early as i think racing is meant to start around 4:30 pm (don't quote me)

If you have any questions, call the number listed above. It's the store manager from Kajoor.

See you Friday[>:]
Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 AM
qaiz

Default RE: DUBAI RACE DAY JULY 4

Have you seen the trophies.?

They're a thing of beauty.

Gotta get the track fixed up tho.! Was out there on Saturday, its a complete mess. You cant drive 50 Feet without hitting a ditch.!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 AM
tommygun32

Ya, I called Kajoor to register and they said they'd be out there every afternoon this week probably.[8D]
Old 06-30-2008, 05:21 AM
tommygun32

Do you know who's sponsoring the prizes and what they are yet?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Do you know who's sponsoring the prizes and what they are yet?
Remember the guy who had a runaway buggy last week.? Him.

Prizes are great, gonna keep it a suprise .
Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 AM
tommygun32

OK I'll guess.....

1st prize: A front bumper for a Honda Civic???
Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 AM
tommygun32

I know...that was wrong, but funny. Nothing new to report, just keeping the thread near the top.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
phast46

id register, but i have no clue where that place is..
Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM
relay8039

In a land far far away.

Oman, Qatar, Persian Gulf. Not really what you would call a road trip.

Good luck on the race. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Are you near the city? I love the sight of all that construction. Thanks to the engineering projects and technology created in Dubai, we are able to fix our Louisiana wetlands.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:10 AM
tommygun32

Phast46....here ya go, that's about where Dubai is.

Relay8039....there's a bone of contention in these parts with the locals...Persia no longer exists, so the actual correct term for the area is the "Arabian Gulf"...Having said that, CNN still doesn't 'get it'[:'(]

Yes, I work right in the middle of the city by the Dubai Creek, but live about 1/2 hour west in an area called Jebel Ali. It's actually quite amazing the amount of construction here. Dubai has something like 75% of the world's construction cranes at the moment. The whole place is a construction site (can't wait till it's done).

Our track is also scheduled to be closed to make way for development. But apperantly we're meant to be have another area alloted to the sport. And the amount of local investment here that finds it's way to the rest of the world is astronomical. Remember that big hooplah about some foreign company bidding to manage a number of US ports...that was Dubai doing the bidding.

Enough politics...let's get back to RACE DAY. Any one going down today (Wednesday) for a practice session?? Me going to try and get out of work early and run a couple of laps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83638.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	982607  
Old 07-02-2008, 05:25 AM
qaiz

Tommy, will be there tomorrow, would love to come today, but none of my batteries are charged.

What time do you get off work, I know a few people should be there by or after around 6:30pm.

Let me know.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM
tommygun32

It's 5.30 now and i'm trying to get out of work....but i don't see it happening any time soon mate.[:'(]
Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 AM
qaiz

Will be heading down there around 6 - 6:30 tonight...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 AM
tommygun32

Qaiz, no practice today, they're fixing and working on the track today, hopefully and especially the end of the strait (rutted), the second set of jumps in that triple (it's kicking cars end over end [:@]) and all the other big ruts on it...LOL. My mates won't be making it this race weekend as they'll be in Al Ain racing in the go kart endurance race of some kind. Gonna need a pit crew...wink, wink, wink.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
qaiz

Qaiz, no practice today, they're fixing and working on the track today, hopefully and especially the end of the strait (rutted), the second set of jumps in that triple (it's kicking cars end over end [:@]) and all the other big ruts on it...LOL. My mates won't be making it this race weekend as they'll be in Al Ain racing in the go kart endurance race of some kind. Gonna need a pit crew...wink, wink, wink.
Really.?

They said the same thing last time, and nothing was done. I take it as it comes, Ill be down there...
Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
tommygun32

Damn...I'm Buggered.....[:@]......Tomorrow's A-Main is being held after sunset. I wouldn't mind if we had propper lighting. And to get some decent night/flood lighting is going to cost aobut $375.00. I don't mind spending money to take part in racing, but I don't see any reason to spend two weeks tweaking, practicing, cleaning, charging, spending...etc..to not even be able to take part in the A-Main.....'cause I can't see properly at night.

Qaiz, Revo, call me....050 635 3046. I can get some lighting, but its going to probably cost. From Byrne......
Old 07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
qaiz

Damn...I'm Buggered.....[:@]......Tomorrow's A-Main is being held after sunset. I wouldn't mind if we had propper lighting. And to get some decent night/flood lighting is going to cost aobut $375.00. I don't mind spending money to take part in racing, but I don't see any reason to spend two weeks tweaking, practicing, cleaning, charging, spending...etc..to not even be able to take part in the A-Main.....'cause I can't see properly at night.

Qaiz, Revo, call me....050 635 3046. I can get some lighting, but its going to probably cost. From Byrne......
Damn...I'm Buggered..... ......Tomorrow's A-Main is being held after sunset. I wouldn't mind if we had propper lighting. And to get some decent night/flood lighting is going to cost aobut $375.00. I don't mind spending money to take part in racing, but I don't see any reason to spend two weeks tweaking, practicing, cleaning, charging, spending...etc..to not even be able to take part in the A-Main.....'cause I can't see properly at night.

Tommy, its 12:15AM Race Day.!

I cant even get intouch with Rashid, im in conversation at the moment with Arwin, getting something sorted out with the lighting and the DAMN track, NOTHING was done today as you saw. They just watered it down.

Id be more than willing to pay half. PM Me.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
tommygun32

Well now....hats off to the organizers. They got things sorted out and kept a tight schedule going, so even though the sun was setting, there was still adequate daylight by the time the A-Main came around.

However, the usual story from my side of things. Did good in qualifying rounds 1 and 2. Came in 3rd in the first qualifier and even though i had (what i thought to be) battery issues in the next qualifying round i still placed well enough to move into the A-Main.

Then things started going wrong. Car wouldn't fire up for the start, didn't get into the race until a lap down. Then again, the car started acting weird...but this time I knew it couldn't be the battery cause I'd just charged it. The car was sometimes going WOT, turning on it's own, just getting really dangerous, so i shut it down.

It took me till i was half way home in the car to realize what it was....[:@] Someone was on my frequency. So, this week the new Spectrum receiver i just got from A-main is going into the car. Arrrgghhhhh....

Qaiz, lets see some PICS!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
qaiz

Greg, will post pics in the morning, im honestely dead now.

Just got back around an hour or so ago, still gotta upload them.

Absoloutely beat.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:54 PM
rockinro

Greg, Qaiz, was nice to meet u folks today and I just wanted to thank u both for offering me a buggy and an engine to race with since I was having engine trouble...very gentlemanly of you.

Hope to see u folks at the track soon.

Keep well

Rawad
Old 07-05-2008, 02:42 AM
tommygun32

Never a problem rock...it was nice to meet you to mate.

Trust me, I know how frustrating it is when you're experiencing probs on race day..
Old 07-05-2008, 03:03 AM
qaiz

I know how frustrating it is when you're experiencing probs on race day..
You and me both. My entire front end has to be checked, the diff's chewed up ( I think ) , and now it has no drive in the front [:@]. I need to know what the heck went wrong.!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:26 AM
tommygun32

Hahahaha.....Qaiz, I'm sure it has nothing to do with you trying to clear THREE jumps at once and slamming into the top of the third nose first...[&:].....uhmmmm...coming down on other cars...[&:]...uhmmmm...slamming into other cars at full speed while dropping out of the sky like a HALO jumper.....uhmmmmm..[&:]...gowing WAY TOO FAST over the last jump before the front stretch and slamming into the ground tail first and tumbling end over end over end over end...[&:].....shall i continue...heheheheee.....

Like i said mate..you're a lunatic driver....but you sure make marshalling fun..ROFL

Where are the pics my man?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:14 PM
qaiz

Lmao.!

I still came 2nd in Qualifing and made the A Main . There is some method in my madness .

Pics will be up momenterily, just waiting on Photo Bucket.!

Pulled up my front end, theres quite a bit of damage, this sucks [:@]. My diff has seemed to lock up for no apparant reason, gotta still check that.

Gah, I hate doing diffs [:@]
Old 07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
qaiz

Here are a few, still gotta touch them up....

Love this one

Seems like you didnt want to be in the Pic

I was falling over..!?

Didnt come out too well

Ill touch them up and repost them soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.