Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: bad day

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bad day

man oh man what a day i had yesterday. well it actually started friday night. i traveled to a track near my aunts house 1 1/2hrs away from where i live. i get to the track about 8pm to practice before the race saturday. i get out on the track and run a few laps. i come in to change tires. as i start my buggy back up, throttle servo dies and i dont have a spare on me. so i drive to my cousins house and pick up an old ofna buggy to get a servo, so i get the servo problem fixed around 1am.

i go to the track around 7am the next day to practice some more before the race. i get there, get set up, practice with no problems. then the first qual my battery started getting weak so my buggy was struggling to turn. ended up finishing 7 out of 10. second qual i broke a rear a arm on the warmup laps(dns). i change tires before the 3rd qual. 3rd qual i hit the first jump on the first lap, wheel comes off(dnf).
    switch back to tires i used in first and second qual. 4th qual, on the warm up laps, i broke same rear a arm that i just replaced(dns).

ok so i qualify 20 out of 20(based on the qual points).

im stuck in the c main. 15 min main, 4 drivers. throttle linkage popped off. still managed to finish 2nd so i bump to b main. b main is the next race so i dont have time to do anything so as soon i finish, bac to the starting line...this time for the 25 min b main. this time the throttle linkage popped of 7 times, each time my dad had to run out on the track and get my buggy, bring it in, take body off, put linkage back on then put body on, fuel my up and off i go. i lost about 7 laps because of this. finished the b main in 4th, would have been 2nd and bumped to the a main if it wasnt for my throttle linkage coming off so much.

i was so fed up, i said screw watching the mains, i left. didnt help that it was about 95 degrees outside

so thats how my saturday went. ended up finishing 12th out of 20
    Losi 8ight,Precirotate 3 Port Modified Engine,Avid Bearings,Dynamite,Sprektrum Radio,Ace Servos,Fastlane Graphix,Stickman RC

RE: bad day

rough... and that's why we periodically do maintenance on our rc cars!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i do lol i took the whole thing apart, cleaned it, made sure everything was ok before i went to the track. i found the reason my a arms were breaking(didnt have the screw that keeps the arm from hitting the chassis set right) and i fixed that before the mains.
    Losi 8ight,Precirotate 3 Port Modified Engine,Avid Bearings,Dynamite,Sprektrum Radio,Ace Servos,Fastlane Graphix,Stickman RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: youwish16

man oh man what a day i had yesterday. well it actually started friday night. i traveled to a track near my aunts house 1 1/2hrs away from where i live. i get to the track about 8pm to practice before the race saturday. i get out on the track and run a few laps. i come in to change tires. as i start my buggy back up, throttle servo dies and i dont have a spare on me. so i drive to my cousins house and pick up an old ofna buggy to get a servo, so i get the servo problem fixed around 1am.

i go to the track around 7am the next day to practice some more before the race. i get there, get set up, practice with no problems. then the first qual my battery started getting weak so my buggy was struggling to turn. ended up finishing 7 out of 10. second qual i broke a rear a arm on the warmup laps(dns). i change tires before the 3rd qual. 3rd qual i hit the first jump on the first lap, wheel comes off(dnf).
    switch back to tires i used in first and second qual. 4th qual, on the warm up laps, i broke same rear a arm that i just replaced(dns).

im stuck in the c main. 15 min main, 4 drivers. throttle linkage popped off. still managed to finish 2nd so i bump to b main. b main is the next race so i dont have time to do anything so as soon i finish, bac to the starting line...this time for the 25 min b main. this time the throttle linkage popped of 7 times, each time my dad had to run out on the track and get my buggy, bring it in, take body off, put linkage back on then put body on, fuel my up and off i go. i lost about 7 laps because of this. finished the b main in 4th, would have been 2nd and bumped to the a main if it wasnt for my throttle linkage coming off so much.

i was so fed up, i said screw watching the mains, i left. didnt help that it was about 95 degrees outside

+100,000 you did not give up. heck of a race but you stayed with make it +150,000

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mfroot

ORIGINAL: youwish16

+100,000 you did not give up. heck of a race but you stayed with make it +150,000
    The way I look at it...A bad day racing is better than a good day at work!!!! Good for you for not giving up, with that attitude you already won!!!!
    ((((((((MARSHALL!!!!)))))))

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive got too many freinds that give up over the smallest little hiccups when racing!

kudos to you!

i was wondering how did your linkage keep poppin off! was it the throttle cup or the whole thing off of the servo!
    kyosho strr/dx3r,o.s.speed,ebmods pipe,trinity platinum 30%

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it was the cup. i think it was because i had a throttle return spring and it wasnt letting the cup secure on the ball all the way. i'll have to take the spring off and test it

it usually happened when i overshot the landing and landed on all 4's and bottomed out

Well, your story makes me feel better about my day at the track last friday, I went to do my practice laps and got about 10 laps in on my Jammin' buggy and then it decided that the clutch bell didn't need it's teeth anymore and I didn't have a spare with me so I had to switch to my Violator buggy and I got about five laps on it and I came down off of a double and the buggy stopped dead in it's tracks right in the middle of the track, when I got to the buggy to inspect nothing appeared wrong so I put it on the starter box and fired it up and right away noticed that the fornt wheels and rear wheels were spinning in opposite directions so I opened the center diff only to find that it was absolutely destroyed, shavings and bits everywhere. Oh well, fixin em is part of the fun I guess.
    Jammin X1-CRT Pro .21 V-spec, Jammin X1 CR FTE Axe Mamba Rossi .21, Ofna Violator 9.5 Force .32

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You left when you should of been out turn marsheling, atleast thats how we do it at our track, last driver turns marshells the next race.
    Don't blame you though sounds like you had a rough time at the track,
    There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats one thing i am afraid of racing, major hiccups. my cars are always querkey, and always out dated, finnally i got something made this decade, a ofna Ravenger, but i have already ran into servo, running and radio problems, its going smooth now, and all i need to race is a tiger drive, but im a little nervous to race, mostly im afraid that someone will get my frquincey and ruin i will have a runaway on hand.

its sad because i can tell this thing bites down and jumps well.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i actually did marshal the 25 min pro buggy b main that was right after my race. i left after that

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Right on,

Sucks having your car run perfect for weeks, then you race and everything breaks.
    There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the worst is when you perform in depth maintance over the week and then something retarded happens and you break a silly part
    MBX5R
    Novarossi powered

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats funny you say that because one of my friends at the track wasn't bring his truck to practice because he said he was going to race it and didn't want anything to break, needless to say his race didn't go well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think going to practice is a good thing, if theres something wrong it will go wrong then and not in a qual or race(like my servo dying in practice and me not having a spare. had to go to my cousins house about 40 mins away to get one)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes nothing bad ever happens at my practice sessions, but once its race day something has to break!!!
    New Season new ride, Xray NT1..... Thanks to the Cyprus Xray Team.... Thank you...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

theres a saying i go by! whatever you do wrong when overhauling the truck will let you know when its runnin
    kyosho strr/dx3r,o.s.speed,ebmods pipe,trinity platinum 30%