Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
TheKaiman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

ORIGINAL: Pyro3

do any 1 of u own 1
if you dont then dont bash it

I don't think anyone was really bashing it. All they are saying is that there are established race buggys out that are a bit cheaper. 650 is about the going rate for all new 1/8 vehicles. I'm sure if it doesn't sell it will go down in price rather quickly. With most people using AE or Losi and those being the buggy of choice at most tracks and hobby shops and selling for around 460 O'Donnell has an uphill battle. The only rip off is Hobbytown's ridiculous prices.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
rossiman

my hobbyshop has the odonnell for 550.00 its not odonnell thats overpriced its the stores that are selling them. and that priceis regular price not a sale price also if you havent seen one yet well youre kinda missing out i looked at one the other day and wow its a real nice looking kit not only did mr. odonnell pay attention to the detail on the buggy but they also paied attention to they way they meticulisly packaged the kit. my opinion odonnell put a real race machine on the market for 550.00. A.E. and losi need to take some notes on what quality is all about. there now im bashing!!!!! LOL oh i did own an rc8!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

See heres the thing. I don't recall anyone actually bashing the buggy itself. As in its make it's quality or innovations. It's strictly based on the price of the buggy. I am sure thats is due to alot of not actually reading what someone wrote. I never bashed the buggy as some would call it. Disputing the price of a buggy is a good thing especially a buggy that has NO track record. As far as is the buggy a quality buggy with quality parts and fit. Thats atleast 1-2 years away as in after some people have actually forked over the $650. Thats the good thing about forums a manufactor can't get away with B.S. because its going to get put out there. Kinda like nobody disputes X-rays quality and fit, or Mugens toughness or even Kyoshos all around abilit. I doubt there would not be a peep if Kyosho or Mugens new buggy's cost $650. There is a reason why you know there quality and there is no doubt they are proven manufactors.

Why do you think AE put out a service pack. Mainly because guys like us spent time knocking them for inferior product (after 2 seasons) of repeated problems out of the same parts. What are we just to blindly except what ever a company puts out and what price they choose they charge. Continue to go blindly like sheep and they will threat you like sheep hurding you from 1 buggy to the next asking whatever price they feel is ok.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM
cltcrns

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Sorry, but if they're ripping anybody off, then blame Kyosho and Mugen and Xray for doing the same thing.

You know nothing about what it takes to research, develop, and produce anything, do you?

Seriously. It's only another $150 over an AE RC8...and Associated/TTR already HAVE the tooling required to make RC cars, so producing an entirely new model for them will be cheaper.

Get over yourself. Not everybody is out to rip somebody off, and if they are, it's the manufacturers of the cheaper, ripoff cars. This may be the very best buggy on Earth, and here you are slamming it. Get a life.
Sure do, I did at one time assist Bendix in developing ceramic brake material. So yes sir I sure do know a little about r&d. Thats why it rubs me the wrong way when I see manufactures of anything make such a huge profit on just pennies. Take a nap, you may feel better after.........
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: cltcrns

Sorry, but if they're ripping anybody off, then blame Kyosho and Mugen and Xray for doing the same thing.

You know nothing about what it takes to research, develop, and produce anything, do you?

Seriously. It's only another $150 over an AE RC8...and Associated/TTR already HAVE the tooling required to make RC cars, so producing an entirely new model for them will be cheaper.

Get over yourself. Not everybody is out to rip somebody off, and if they are, it's the manufacturers of the cheaper, ripoff cars. This may be the very best buggy on Earth, and here you are slamming it. Get a life.
Sure do, I did at one time assist Bendix in developing ceramic brake material. So yes sir I sure do know a little about r&d. Thats why it rubs me the wrong way when I see manufactures of anything make such a huge profit on just pennies. Take a nap, you may feel better after.........
Totally off topic...but, a former boss of mine worked for Bendix in R&D once upon a time. He owned a hobby shop that (sort of) supported my habit.

Either way...it's capitalism at work. Like vlad said, the market will determine the price of the buggy in the end.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
RcRacer37E

Love the signature-"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer"-46u
What ever happened to him?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
youwish16

i dunno, he hasnt been racing around here lately. he's been on our georgia rc forum a few times the past 2 weeks but i never see him here
Old 08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

Love the signature-"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer"-46u
What ever happened to him?
He still hangs around. He posts in the STS thread in the engine forum lately.

youwish, pm him...he checks RCU. He'll tell you what's going on if ya don't know
Old 08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
maddrums25
My Feedback: (14)

R&D is expensive, Thats why name brand drugs are so much more expensive than generics. They have the same things in them, but its much cheaper to wait for someone else to do all the work and steal it from them so you can undercut them. Same goes for any business. Too bad there is not a good generic r/c company out there.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
P bomstad

They must have someting good If Tebo is driving it and did alot of the testing before it was released! The price seems in line for the quality of material used. Just a thought to add to the mix.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
ASATRUGGYFAN

Just got mine today should race it SAT. looks good,will post later and give my opinion.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: vladconnery

See heres the thing. I don't recall anyone actually bashing the buggy itself. As in its make it's quality or innovations. It's strictly based on the price of the buggy. I am sure thats is due to alot of not actually reading what someone wrote. I never bashed the buggy as some would call it. Disputing the price of a buggy is a good thing especially a buggy that has NO track record. As far as is the buggy a quality buggy with quality parts and fit. Thats atleast 1-2 years away as in after some people have actually forked over the $650. Thats the good thing about forums a manufactor can't get away with B.S. because its going to get put out there. Kinda like nobody disputes X-rays quality and fit, or Mugens toughness or even Kyoshos all around abilit. I doubt there would not be a peep if Kyosho or Mugens new buggy's cost $650. There is a reason why you know there quality and there is no doubt they are proven manufactors.

Why do you think AE put out a service pack. Mainly because guys like us spent time knocking them for inferior product (after 2 seasons) of repeated problems out of the same parts. What are we just to blindly except what ever a company puts out and what price they choose they charge. Continue to go blindly like sheep and they will threat you like sheep hurding you from 1 buggy to the next asking whatever price they feel is ok.

I'd say TEBO racing and winning with it gives it some kind of track record, He's also now racing a brand new o'donnell truggy. It looks like a very high quality buggy imo.

What will happen if TEBO wins the worlds with it.

Give it a month or so and I'm sure the price will come down a bit, look at the ST-RR for example, price definately came down after it's release. MP9 will do the same also
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

I'd say TEBO racing and winning with it gives it some kind of track record, He's also now racing a brand new o'donnell truggy.
Tebo could win with a Kyosho Burns with a Force 21 and a blown rear diff.

Not really, but you get what I'm saying.

Just because a pro driver does well doesn't mean it's for everybody, or it's the end-all be-all
Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

I'd say TEBO racing and winning with it gives it some kind of track record, He's also now racing a brand new o'donnell truggy.
Tebo could win with a Kyosho Burns with a Force 21 and a blown rear diff.

Not really, but you get what I'm saying.

Just because a pro driver does well doesn't mean it's for everybody, or it's the end-all be-all
Not what I was saying, I was just suggesting that it does have a track record, if it breaks down, (I dont care how good TEBO is), you cant win.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Very true...I guess I didn't read it the way I should have. Very good point!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:13 PM
breakin2

ORIGINAL: cltcrns

Holy smokes! 649 reasons not to buy one! Wow I wonder where these manufactures get off charging so much for a molded piece of plastic that can't cost more than $100 total to manufacture..............highway robbery from all of them.
Gee, I wonder!

Probably has NOTHING to do with the R&D, advertising, and tooling...not to mention distribution and *gasp* materials, transportation.

Yeah, nothing to do with that. This is a big ripoff! All RC companies care about is making money! Stupid BUSINESSES! DAMN THEM! I WISH THEY'D JUST SELL STUFF AT COST.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The reason it's $649 is the same reason that the Xray buggies are expensive, same reason Kyosho's buggies are as expensive as they are, etc etc and so forth. hell, 5 years ago, a $600 race buggy was the norm!

Dude, I'm sorry for people making excuses for them charging so much for a damn rolling chassis. Many of them don't even include wheels and tires. R&D, advertising, etc. is required to make an Xbox or iPod too and they're half the price of buggies. I know this hobby is relatively a niche hobby, but if they priced their items better it may be more wide-spread.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I finished building mine. Not a single e-clip. Seems just about every screw has a nut on the other side. If it doesn't the screws are machine screws that are huge. This should be a very durable buggy. I think its going to be a good buggy. Next weekend we'll see....

Looks to be way better than my RC8 which has broken every time I've raced it. My RC8 has yet to let me finish a main.

I didn't pay even close to 650 for mine. And if you think thats expensive wait till the MP9 comes out...
Old 08-09-2008, 10:26 PM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: maddrums25

R&D is expensive, Thats why name brand drugs are so much more expensive than generics. They have the same things in them, but its much cheaper to wait for someone else to do all the work and steal it from them so you can undercut them. Same goes for any business. Too bad there is not a good generic r/c company out there.
Don't get me started on how americans pay all the cost of R&D for drug research. Why are the same drugs available in canada and other countries at 40% what the charge americans. However thats another argument. There are good generic and not so generic buggies on the market. Caster, HB, OFNA just to name a couple.

Original: mtbkym01

I'd say TEBO racing and winning with it gives it some kind of track record, He's also now racing a brand new o'donnell truggy. It looks like a very high quality buggy imo.

Give it a month or so and I'm sure the price will come down a bit, look at the ST-RR for example, price definately came down after it's release. MP9 will do the same also
Give Tebo a team magic, Caster, HBD8 he could win does that mean those buggies have a track record. Actually it just means Odonnel paid a good some of money to have a top driver endorse and drive there buggy. Track record takes time quality and durabability are only evident after you had some not so good drivers use your product. How often do you think Tebo wrecks or does something totally idiotic to his buggy like most sportsmen or bashers do. No slight meant to Caster, Team Magic or the HBD8
Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: maddrums25

Don't get me started on how americans pay all the cost of R&D for drug research. Why are the same drugs available in canada and other countries at 40% what the charge americans. However thats another argument. There are good generic and not so generic buggies on the market. Caster, HB, OFNA just to name a couple.

Original: mtbkym01

Give Tebo a team magic, Caster, HBD8 he could win does that mean those buggies have a track record. Actually it just means Odonnel paid a good some of money to have a top driver endorse and drive there buggy. Track record takes time quality and durabability are only evident after you had some not so good drivers use your product. How often do you think Tebo wrecks or does something totally idiotic to his buggy like most sportsmen or bashers do. No slight meant to Caster, Team Magic or the HBD8
So the RC8 and RC8T, should only be a couple hundred bucks then, as with the Losi 8 and 8T when it came out? As they had no track record either. I'm not saying that everyone would become 100% better with it, but, it wouldn't cost what it does without some quality to it, that's all. BTW, sportsmen drivers are generally improving everytime they race, and bashers, well I'm not sure why they would want a race oriented buggy anyway, just my thoughts.

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to put a different light on it.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
truckstalk

O'Donnel does not make this buggy.it is actually made in Taiwan by another RC company that making Nanda or haobo.
kinda like nijia motor, which is made by OS engine. it is actually a 5 ports OS ZV-B.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 PM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: truckstalk

O'Donnel does not make this buggy.it is actually made in Taiwan by another RC company that making Nanda or haobo.
kinda like nijia motor, which is made by OS engine. it is actually a 5 ports OS ZV-B.
So how much do you think the buggy actually cost. Lets see parts for the buggy at cost to the manufactor lets say $200-$300 and thats being ridicously generous. Please remember we are talking about plastic and aluminum. 1 Taiwanese worker hmm $30 dollars for the day and you know thats being ridiculously genorous. He or She assembles 50 buggys a day probally more like 200 on an assembly line. Now what was the actual cost as compared to the gouging street price tag. Let's not forget RD is recovered over time not in a lumps some. And how much does it take to run a CAD program make a couple of mock ups and test. Are you trying to tell me they sunk 1 million or more in to R&D. R&D is not cheap I know that but come on.

Just to cool off some angry people before the bashing starts. I am not doubting it's a good buggy I bet it is. I am doubting the necessity for the price tag. It's going to act as a springboard for the other manufactors to start escalating prices. In a who can charge more for his buggy war. Lets say it sells and has moderate success. Exactly what do you thing the likes of Kyosho, Mugen, Losi and X-ray are going to be saying to themselves. Hmmm if Odonnel can get that for there buggy ours must be waaaaaay under priced.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 PM

So how much do you think the buggy actually cost. Lets see parts for the buggy at cost to the manufactor lets say $200-$300 and thats being ridicously generous. Please remember we are talking about plastic and aluminum. 1 Taiwanese worker hmm $30 dollars for the day and you know thats being ridiculously genorous. He or She assembles 50 buggys a day probally more like 200 on an assembly line. Now what was the actual cost as compared to the gouging street price tag. Let's not forget RD is recovered over time not in a lumps some. And how much does it take to run a CAD program make a couple of mock ups and test. Are you trying to tell me they sunk 1 million or more in to R&D. R&D is not cheap I know that but come on.

Just to cool off some angry people before the bashing starts. I am not doubting it's a good buggy I bet it is. I am doubting the necessity for the price tag. It's going to act as a springboard for the other manufactors to start escalating prices. In a who can charge more for his buggy war. Lets say it sells and has moderate success. Exactly what do you thing the likes of Kyosho, Mugen, Losi and X-ray are going to be saying to themselves. Hmmm if Odonnel can get that for there buggy ours must be waaaaaay under priced.
Now you seem like a prophet lol
Kyosho announces the MP9 at 849.99!
will mugen do better? lol
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
NewKid

i've seen a couple in action they look good but then again those are sponsored drivers so of course it looks good time will tell on the sportsman,local level in person it looks nice and beefy...I'll stick to my jammin simply because i love it and there is no need to spend money on another kit...however if i were to start over it'd be between this and kyosho(well scratch that $850 is absurd for any pro kit)
Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 PM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: 911

Now you seem like a prophet lol
Kyosho announces the MP9 at 849.99!
will mugen do better? lol
Now ain't that some B.S. for you. I bet my Losi Mugen is going to have a street price of atleast $750. So many idiots equate price with quality. There going to have to be pricey just because they belong to the league of Kyosho, Xray and Mugen. OK who wants to be the first to say that $850 is worth it for the Kyosho all that plastic and aluminum plus R&D can't forget that. Come on you know that Kyosho Co. is a proven manufactor so it has to be worth the price right? So lets be real there next buggy is going to be a grand easily.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Don't forget the exchange rate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.