Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
McFly505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Just showed up on A Main's site today.

$649.00....[:'(]
For that kind of $$$ it had better be able to drive itself.
I'll stick with my RC8's.......

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/26133]Link to Z01B @ A Main Hobbies[/link]

Scott
Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 AM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: O'Donnel Z01-B finally released....

Whats up with the dual filters? More often than not those leak and mess with your tune, I quit running filters years ago....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 AM
phattracker

Didn't this buggy start life as a gallon jug with wheels? :O
Old 08-05-2008, 06:40 AM
vladconnery

That is to fuuunnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!!! Well I guess they don't have to worry about my business.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 AM
cltcrns

Holy smokes! 649 reasons not to buy one! Wow I wonder where these manufactures get off charging so much for a molded piece of plastic that can't cost more than $100 total to manufacture..............highway robbery from all of them.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 AM
TheKaiman

I will stick with my RC8 also. They have one at our local Hobbytown for 850 that is why I do not support that place overpriced and the employees are ignorant. Luckily we also have 5 other local hobby shops to use and one of them will match or beat all of A-Mains prices. I still use A-Main a lot just because I like them.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 AM
SManMTB

Noce looking old skool Kyosho clone. It even comes with e-clips.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 AM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: TheKaiman

I will stick with my RC8 also. They have one at our local Hobbytown for 850 that is why I do not support that place overpriced and the employees are ignorant. Luckily we also have 5 other local hobby shops to use and one of them will match or beat all of A-Mains prices. I still use A-Main a lot just because I like them.
How much anyone want to bet he is talking about a HobbyTowne.[:'(]
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: vladconnery

I bet anyone that can read will.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
GANGstar305

ORIGINAL: sparko

Whats up with the dual filters? More often than not those leak and mess with your tune, I quit running filters years ago....
you are getting a car from a gas company
Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 AM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

LOL

Is it just me or is HobbyTowne the worst lhs to do business with!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Pedsaktix

LOL!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Hey....I kinda like going into Hobbytown. I like being able to walk into a place and instantly know more about RC than anyone that works there.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
rccheech

Noce looking old skool Kyosho clone. It even comes with e-clips.
E- clips[:'(]!!! Looks like the center shafts are only dogbones[:'(][:'(]. Gallon-o-fuel with wheels. I guess I shouldnt bash them for trying though.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Nik.

where do you guys see eclips? all I see are captured hingepins.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
SManMTB

On old pictures. Hopefully the 'real' one doesn't have it.
Check through Neobuggy archives.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: cltcrns

Holy smokes! 649 reasons not to buy one! Wow I wonder where these manufactures get off charging so much for a molded piece of plastic that can't cost more than $100 total to manufacture..............highway robbery from all of them.
Gee, I wonder!

Probably has NOTHING to do with the R&D, advertising, and tooling...not to mention distribution and *gasp* materials, transportation.

Yeah, nothing to do with that. This is a big ripoff! All RC companies care about is making money! Stupid BUSINESSES! DAMN THEM! I WISH THEY'D JUST SELL STUFF AT COST.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The reason it's $649 is the same reason that the Xray buggies are expensive, same reason Kyosho's buggies are as expensive as they are, etc etc and so forth. hell, 5 years ago, a $600 race buggy was the norm!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
cltcrns

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: cltcrns

Gee, I wonder!

Probably has NOTHING to do with the R&D, advertising, and tooling...not to mention distribution and *gasp* materials, transportation.

Yeah, nothing to do with that. This is a big ripoff! All RC companies care about is making money! Stupid BUSINESSES! DAMN THEM! I WISH THEY'D JUST SELL STUFF AT COST.

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The reason it's $649 is the same reason that the Xray buggies are expensive, same reason Kyosho's buggies are as expensive as they are, etc etc and so forth. hell, 5 years ago, a $600 race buggy was the norm!
Thanks for the education on business derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr there is a difference in making a profit and ripping people off Oh and glad you felt so compelled to yell
Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
SManMTB

If it doesn't sell the price will come down.
Strangely enough the consumer actually have the final say in many cases even if it doesn't seem that way.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Sorry, but if they're ripping anybody off, then blame Kyosho and Mugen and Xray for doing the same thing.

You know nothing about what it takes to research, develop, and produce anything, do you?

Seriously. It's only another $150 over an AE RC8...and Associated/TTR already HAVE the tooling required to make RC cars, so producing an entirely new model for them will be cheaper.

Get over yourself. Not everybody is out to rip somebody off, and if they are, it's the manufacturers of the cheaper, ripoff cars. This may be the very best buggy on Earth, and here you are slamming it. Get a life.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 AM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: Safety Hawk

Hey....I kinda like going into Hobbytown. I like being able to walk into a place and instantly know more about RC than anyone that works there.
LMAO
Old 08-06-2008, 06:04 AM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Sorry, but if they're ripping anybody off, then blame Kyosho and Mugen and Xray for doing the same thing.

You know nothing about what it takes to research, develop, and produce anything, do you?

Seriously. It's only another $150 over an AE RC8...and Associated/TTR already HAVE the tooling required to make RC cars, so producing an entirely new model for them will be cheaper.

Get over yourself. Not everybody is out to rip somebody off, and if they are, it's the manufacturers of the cheaper, ripoff cars.
This may be the very best buggy on Earth, and here you are slamming it. Get a life.
Last time I checked those manfactors had lots of wins and WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. So I guess you could say they have a proven platform. I already know I'm getting qality backed by wins and R&D. What does odonnel have oh yeah they held the GAS can for those guys as they were winning the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. I guess all football teams should give the waterboys positions and pay them big bucks. You know they were at pratice doing the R&D while holding the water bottle.

Your speaking as though this is a luxury model put out by Kyosho, Mugen or Xray. You know kinda like honda, toyota and nissan puting out lexus, infinity and acura. A concept of proven manufactors putting out new models under different names. Why was it that when honda, nissan, toyota and even hyundai 1st hit the market there cars were cheap. It was because they were not proven makers of autos same concept applies. Atleast Odonnels could do is give it some unheard of warranty like 3 years 360 hours. Give me some justification why your buggy is more expensive than any other buggy on the market. Other than you make gas.

Hold on NEWS FLASH Exxon just put out a car . A 4 door midsize sedan with a V4 along the lines of a honda and there charging $50,000 for it. Must be good car they have been making gas for decades.

This may be the very best buggy on Earth, and here you are slamming it. Get a life.
Let them try this unheard of thing called "proove it" first. I know it's a crazy concept make a model put it out at a reasonable price. Kick everybody's Butt for lets say 3 years win the Nat's ummm twice WC atleast once. Put out your WC model and then ask me for more money than any other buggy on the market. You know what I might just buy it and understand your justification for the price. Other than you make gas. As far as get a life I guess I have one because I don't blindly follow. I question things that seem out of the ordinary. People who need to "get a life" blindly follow and never question the outragous. They blindly accept whats placed before them with no other justification other than you make gas.

Just a side note if you have 10,700 post in 4 years who's the one that needs a life! Damn do you ever actually race your buggy or do you just spend your time giving your expert advice. I know I'm going to get slammed but whatever. I thought forums were a place to express your opinion and not have your opinion given to you. If that was the case I would only talk to my wife.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

They blend fuel, they don't "make gas". Get it straight.

I don't actually HAVE a 1/8 buggy, just FYI I run my other cars quite a bit though. I suppose I need to be a hardcore, every-weekend-racer to have anything that resembles an opinion though

Let's see...if they would've "cheaped up" the buggy, and then everybody would've spent $400 on it...and cried because it's a heap of junk.

I'm not going to buy one, though, and I'm not going to "blindly follow". However, I'm also not slamming something I've never driven. The bottom line is, either the car will sell and be a success, or it will flop like the Team Magic buggy.

I thought forums were a place to express your opinion and not have your opinion given to you.
Pot calling the kettle black?

In the grand scheme of things...it's $100 more than an 8ight kit, $150 more than an RC8 ARR...that's what? the cost of a servo? PFFT, a drop in the bucket. Were we talking about an RTR monster truck...$650 would be a steep price. If we were talking about a 1/10 on road kit, yes, $650 would be pricey...but I don't think the cost is out of line one bit.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 AM
RcRacer37E

Alot of guys run the two fuel filter set up, one for the fuel line and the others for the pressure line. They say it helps cool the air pressure going into the tank. [link=http://www.novarossi.com/content_uk/news/2008/07-juli/exhaust-gas-cooler.htm]Novarossi[/link] has a diffrent take on just the filter.
More onroad use but I would think it would apply to off road as well.
I got to see the buggy run a few weeks ago in Joliet Illinois. Sonny O and a few others had them. They performed quiet well on the track.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Pyro3

do any 1 of u own 1
if you dont then dont bash it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.