Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dubai - RC Events

Old 09-25-2008, 04:48 AM
mister-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubai - RC Events

And please don't forget to get plenty of parts for your Team Losi 8eight buggy.
As you can read in the threads above, parts availability is quite a challenge here.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 AM
tommygun32

Isn't the LHS in Sharjah the official Losi store in the UAE??? The one that sells XTM's.

Thought I heard that somewhere...
Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 AM
qaiz

Speed Hobbies does carry a few parts... And they can always order in, they're pretty good at their stuff.

RC Pro is starting to grow too, would'nt be suprised if they started carrying Losi Parts. Know they carry some Xray stuff...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:15 AM
eddy76

Thx guys

I haden't read all the post now i got all my answers.
Quick question though, what is the most represented brand for buggies?
What is the best store i went to the store near Dnata (hobby home or hobby center) and they didn't ahve much choice for nitro buggies it was more MT and some Tamiya electric cars.

I should be arriving sometimes around November and just the time to settle in and I will most probably visit the track ASAP.
How many of you guys run / race regularly on the track?

Thx for the info guys
Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: eddy76

Thx guys

I haden't read all the post now i got all my answers.
Quick question though, what is the most represented brand for buggies?
What is the best store i went to the store near Dnata (hobby home or hobby center) and they didn't ahve much choice for nitro buggies it was more MT and some Tamiya electric cars.

I should be arriving sometimes around November and just the time to settle in and I will most probably visit the track ASAP.
How many of you guys run / race regularly on the track?

Thx for the info guys
That would be Hobby Center. You can visit Emirates Hobbies. Tho its only Jammin vehicles.

I run every Saturday. Timings vary, but usually we're there from around 5pm to 11pm.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 AM
tommygun32

I feel some of the strongest represented brands here are Jammin, Kyosho and Hyper.

For the support and parts, definently Jammin 1st, then Hyper and last Kyosho.

On a normal race day we can get upwards of 40 people at the track sometimes. That's when everyone knows about the race, the guys from Abu Dhabi are able to make the trip, etc. Those days there are usually 2 or 3 catagories; 1:5, buggies and truggies.

We don't really have clubs, and there's not a lot of organizational support from the stores when it comes to race days except for EMIRATES HOBBIES. They're ALWAYS there

It's usually only a couple of big-hearted guys who just enjoy organizing the races that set things up, then word spreads.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:42 AM
clawarun

hi guys,
its me again.

I finally got my Revo today. Man its bigger than i'd expected[X(], the first thing tat blew me back when i opened the parcel, was this huge Sand paddle tyres i'd ordered extra.
It was at that moment tat the scale of the thing hit me

To make things short (without filling up a couple of pages with in depth unpacking commentary), i had to sit back a while and take it all in [&:]
Well first things first..... engine break in.
Does any of the LHS stock traxxas fuel, or do i have to jus do it with something else. If so, any suggestions please.....

AA
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM
DuaneB

Hi,
Another Dubai based guy here.

I have two on road cars 1) a Yokomo Drift which i have just finished a new HPI Murcialago body for (very nice in copper) and 2) a 1/18th scale HPI Micro RS4

I built both my cars were from kits and have left them pretty much stock, I can't see me ever getting into high end racing, but if anyone wants to have an on road meet with cheap and cheerful cars that don't mind a bit of dust I always thought the Global Village car park looked like the perfect spot.

So let me know if anyone is interested.

Wasn't there a road track in creek side park ? is it still there and just too badly maintained for high end cars ?

Duane.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 AM
tommygun32

Let me be the first to wish everyone an Eid Mubarak.

Anyone heading to the track over this week's holidays???

Duane, ya there was a track at the Creek Park but they closed it a couple of years ago man.

That's a good idea about the Global Village car park, but you may want to get permission from the management first. I'm purely off-road at the moment myself, still trying to figure all the nuances in that dicipline first.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
DuaneB

Eid Mubarak,

After finishing my HPI Lambo body for the Yokomo Drift car last week I saw a Tamiya 1/10th Mini Kit and couldnt resist it especially as I had seen these earlier in the day - [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0Qh8zJx8I&feature=related]1/10 Mini in off road action[/link] Not bad for a 11 inch electric road car.

I have built the car up but still have to apply one more color, trim and then decal the body. If I get it finished in time for the weekend I will bring it along to the track (obviously not to race !), I don't expect much from a 1/10th car with stock tyres and 20mm clearance, but if it shows any willingness to go round the track at all, it could be the start of a project.

Now if I can just find a can of white paint ...

Duane.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM
tommygun32

Almost any of the shops will have white lexan spray paint Duane. Toys & Us has a good stock of paints.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Jamea

Duane

those minis are fun to drive on an on raod track, I have one that I painted blue with white top and blue rims, I dont think it can run on the surface of Nad Elsheba cuz its mostly sand.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Abu Jojo

I was inform that there will be an OFF-ROAD Race (1/8 buggies) scheduled on 10th of October 2008 here in Abu Dhabi at Sheikh Zayed Sports City near the Ice Rink. Contact Frank for more information.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Jamea

Great, my rusty jammin is Soaked with WD40 hoping to free up the jammed arms and swaybars (not looking good).
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
mister-e

Try to use after run oil to get the rust of.
Soak it for several days, then you can wipe it of.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
rockinro

Duane I have 1/10 and 1/8 scale onroad cars and got into buggys coz there is no track to race/bash on....its kinda boring goin round in a parking lot with no purpose. If we can gather a few guys and setup a few cones to make our own temporary track at some parking lot i would love to go onroad.

We'll definetley meet at the track and discuss further

Happy belated Eid folks!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Jamea

Took the family today for a trip to dubai, decided to spend the evening at the creek park before we head back to abudhabi, so I had to take a look at the track while I was there, the track is still there, it looks like its been closed for very long time and the door is locked, drvier stand and the tables are still there, i dont know who is incharge of it now but if you really want to go onrad try to find out away to get in there and do lots of cleaning and blowing before you run your car in there.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 AM
rockinro

So guys, who's going to Abu Dhabi this weekend?
Do we need to register in advance? If so, how?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 AM
junpavidis

WHO : RC ADDICTS OF U.A.E. (ABU DHABI, DUBAI, SHARJAH OR WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!)

WHAT: RC RACE (NITRO POWERED 4WD MONSTER TRUCKS, TRUGGIES AND BUGGIES 1/8 SCALE)

WHEN: 4:00 P.M. (START OF RACE) UPTO 7 OR 8 PM, FRIDAY, 10 OCTOBER 2008.

WHERE: SMART HOBBIES OFF ROAD RACE TRACK (BESIDE ABU DHABI ICE RINK IN SHEIKH ZAYED SPORTS CITY) NEAR CARREFOUR, AIRPOR ROAD, ABU DHABI.

The Abu Dhabi RC Team is inviting all rc addicts in the whole U.A.E. to join our 3rd race sponsored by Smart Hobbies. The event will be covered by local media and The Filipino Channel (TFC). Registration time is 3:00 p.m. sharp and race starts at 4:00 pm.

3 classes will be run on this race - monter trucks, truggies and buggies. Each class will run 2 heats of 10 minutes qualifying and finals of 20 minutes each. All racers can join the 3 classes, as you wish.

For registration and other details, please contact Mr. Frank on mobile no. 050-6122752.

C u all this coming Friday, 10th Oct. You may bring your food/drinks or buy from the Ice rink restau or the nearby KFC.

Goodluck and regards,
Old 10-08-2008, 05:33 AM
junpavidis

WHAT: RC RACE (NITRO POWERED 4WD MONSTER TRUCKS, TRUGGIES AND BUGGIES 1/8 SCALE)

WHERE: SMART HOBBIES OFF ROAD RACE TRACK (BESIDE ABU DHABI ICE RINK IN SHEIKH ZAYED SPORTS CITY) NEAR CARREFOUR, AIRPOR ROAD, ABU DHABI.

The Abu Dhabi RC Team is inviting all rc addicts in the whole U.A.E. to join our 3rd race sponsored by Smart Hobbies. The event will be covered by local media and The Filipino Channel (TFC). Registration time is 3:00 p.m. sharp and race starts at 4:00 pm.

3 classes will be run on this race - monter trucks, truggies and buggies. Each class will run 2 heats of 10 minutes qualifying and finals of 20 minutes each. All racers can join the 3 classes, as you wish.

For registration and other details, please contact Mr. Frank on mobile no. 050-6122752.

C u all this coming Friday, 10th Oct. You may bring your food/drinks or buy from the Ice rink restau or the nearby KFC.

Goodluck and regards,
Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 AM
junpavidis

Goodluck and regards,
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 AM
tommygun32

Hi junpavidis,

How is the night lighting at the Abu Dhabi track, compared to Dubai's mate?

And 1 more quick question, what brands does Smart Hobbies deal with?

Thanks man.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 AM
junpavidis

Lighting at smart hobbies race track is better and brighter than nad al sheba. They sell traxxas, revo, ofna and hobao. Unfortunately, they don't have stocks for ofna and hobao.

Hope to see your group this coming friday, oct. 10' 08.

Regards,

Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 AM
junpavidis

hello tommygun32,

Lighting at smart hobbies race track is better and brighter than nad al sheba. They sell traxxas, revo, ofna and hobao. Unfortunately, they don't have stocks for ofna and hobao.

Hope to see your group this coming friday, oct. 10' 08.

Regards,

Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM
DuaneB

Hi,
Sorry to be off topic but as there are so few of us in Dubai I hope no-one minds my questions ?

Can anyone tell me where I can get Tamiya parts other than Toys'n'us which are pretty good, but don't have much in the way of tyres or bearings at the moment ?

And does anyone know of a cheap and cheerful electric 540 size motor that copes well with the UAE Heat, my cars get visibly slower after a few seconds of full throttle ?

Thanks

Duane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.