Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dubai - RC Events

Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, long time no action here!?!?
Sad to see that Greg (Tommygun) has returned him to the US, he was instrumental in getting things in action for the 1/8th crew. I am a regular aero modeller and am at Lisaili at least once a week. We use the facility extensively and there are about 40 people who a regulars, and contributors for the hobby.
Unfortunately, I have not seen ANY of the ground pounders out there in the last year or so. The other forum for the Sharjah crew looks a little busier, I mean the dirtdubai/speed hobbies forum.
Is there anyone on this forum who is still keeping tabs on the Lisaili track recently? I have seen that the ropes that surrounded the track have been removed, and there seems to be quite a lot of things strewn around the track. Lately we have been closing the gates to the facility as a result of vandalism etc, and we are going to try and get some recognition for the hobby by talking to our patron, HH Sheikh Hamdan. If any of youa re interested in salvaging the track , or trying to get the facilities made safe, please contact me in a PM, maybe we can join forces and get some activity going.

regards,
Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 AM
DXBatnicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out!!!
Mugen MBX6
http://tnydu.biz/D1f2Cx

I am selling also lots of other stuff
Rock Crawler, XRay onroad 1/10, Hotbodies Buggy, T-Rex 500 incl DX7
Phone number in the Dubizzel add: http://tnydu.biz/D1f2Cx
Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM
nitrorig driver

Originally Posted by cathurga
Hey guys, long time no action here!?!?
Sad to see that Greg (Tommygun) has returned him to the US, he was instrumental in getting things in action for the 1/8th crew. I am a regular aero modeller and am at Lisaili at least once a week. We use the facility extensively and there are about 40 people who a regulars, and contributors for the hobby.
Unfortunately, I have not seen ANY of the ground pounders out there in the last year or so. The other forum for the Sharjah crew looks a little busier, I mean the dirtdubai/speed hobbies forum.
Is there anyone on this forum who is still keeping tabs on the Lisaili track recently? I have seen that the ropes that surrounded the track have been removed, and there seems to be quite a lot of things strewn around the track. Lately we have been closing the gates to the facility as a result of vandalism etc, and we are going to try and get some recognition for the hobby by talking to our patron, HH Sheikh Hamdan. If any of youa re interested in salvaging the track , or trying to get the facilities made safe, please contact me in a PM, maybe we can join forces and get some activity going.

regards,
with reference to the post above..

it now looks like the hard work by some has at last paid off and backing by the government recently is now forthcoming and bearing fruit at last for the Lisaili facility..

all those that were involved last time plus those that are now using the track at speed hobbies are invited to join the discussion on the dirtdxb website mentioned in this thread as to what you want and how we should go forward..

Good luck and i hope some of you still look in here..

this looks like the best chance we have had in a long very time to move the RC hobby forward in all its forms (flying,inroad,off road etc) forward on a recognised and supported permanent site..
Old 06-06-2015, 03:21 AM
hedonist222

Any 1/8 tracks in or around Dubai?