Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

What do u guys think of the D8??????

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

What do u guys think of the D8??????

Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
x195svt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do u guys think of the D8??????

I really like the looks of this buggy and will probably pick one up. I have owned a lightning stadium and hotbodies cars are pretty tough. The Jammin buggy I have now is great but it's also 3 years old.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 AM
MX250

the D8 wont let you down...
Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
dryvr

I've been eyeing this buggy since news of it's release. Just wondering if D8 owners will chime in on how they are liking the buggy so far. How many gallons do you have on it? Any fast wear items? Breakage? What diff and shock oil setups seem to work best for you? I would like to hear from different drivers about diff and shock oil setups especially. I'm currently a Losi 8ight owner and have narrowed my next new ride down to either the 8ight 2.0 or the D8. I haven't held either to be able to thoroughly examine their layouts. What are the steering knuckles made of on the D8? Is the steering really that good that there are no adjustment holes on the ackerman on the D8? Is the D8 on the heavy or light side? I hope my questions get answered by D8 owners as this will help me decide between the 8ight 2.0 and the D8. I will have more questions to follow. Thanks............
Old 10-11-2008, 11:16 PM
SManMTB

I drove one today and it feels nimble and light on the track even if it's not a superlight car. Good deal.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:52 AM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Well I am going to get one. I have a great buggy with plenty life left in it. However what do I have to lose if I buy a D8 for less than the cost of new engine. If don't like it I'll sell it and get an MBX6. I know I'm a losi guy but I don't think I will be going back with a losi atleast not this year. $650 for something that was $440 a month ago I think not. Price does matter to me after a point your not paying for improved performance just a name and brand loyalty. Don't understand why my loyalty should cost me $200 more this year. Besides there will be so many slightly used 2.0's and MP9's by the spring why pay full price. One thing for sure no one can argue that materials, craftmanship, lighter faster mumbo jumbo any more. It's all about the driver and how well he can drive. Thanks to Hara and the D8 glad those silly argument days are over.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 AM
MX250

The D8 ARMY is here to stay!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 AM
dryvr

Thanks for the replies, and Vlad you make good points. MX250, you have the D8, can you anwer any of my questions? thanks............
Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: RacinRon

15 yr old pro , Ty , at the mfg cup loaded with all the pro's.
OK, so what.... I am sure he has a brand new buggy at every huge pro race like that or really close to a new one. Thing is to see how it does week after week after week with us slow guys who have just one and see how it holds up.
DING!! the truth will set you free. How to Make More Money in RC: plastic pars wear out and need to be replaced often, brilliant! aluminum parts last a lot longer and only get sold maybe once in the life of the car at a slightly higher price, bad. i don't care what anybody says or who they drove for or how many "big" races they have been to, there was too much money and promotion riding on the worlds NOT to have a brand new car at every qualifier and especially for the mains. same body, maybe. oh yeah, they were out there with hoses cleaning them off in the early rounds but that was just to keep the trailers clean. a good car for us club racers is tough, wears slowly and has cheep parts. handling and turning and shocks are all adjustable, my budget is not.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:32 PM
dryvr

Does this mean there are no D8 drivers or racers out there?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Split7

haha dryvr i posted on rctech about the d8 too i really like it too
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
trackman

dryvr the d8 seems to handle a lot like the losi but is more stable and forgiving. it has lots of potential. for
instance, i went back to the hyper 8.5 and shelved the losi, i could drive the 8.5 more consistently. i spent
all summer tweaking the 8.5, improving lap times. finally got 13 laps a couple weeks ago. first race out with
the d8 my qual were 12 laps, 12 laps and 13 laps. now for a box setup and 13 laps the third time it sees dirt
impressed me. as for durability only time will tell. the only thing i didnt like with the losi was it felt unstable,
kinda on the edge. i had a hard time being aggressive with it. i feel like i can carve a tight line with the d8 and
not worry about it traction rolling. the car feels lighter on the track, very responsive. sman drove it this weekend,
i think he was impressed with it. there is a lot of plastic, that concerned me a bit. but i have let many wheel it and
crash it, everything seems to be holding up fine.