Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

HOTBODIES D8 WINS WORLDS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:47 AM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOTBODIES D8 WINS WORLDS!!!!!

To answer a few questions about the week or the worlds.

1. Yes the track was horrid on Tuesday just a sloppy wet hooker that day. Started drying out the next day and by sunday was nicely packed and great for racing. Anyone saying any different must be refering to onroad racing. We do run offroad and track condition is apart of our race we don't quit for mud or rain.

2. I can't call what was wrong with the Xray's or the Kyosho's they just did not do well. They ran same engines as some others and same tires. There were some horrible mental errors i.e. Wheeler's tires coming off in Sunday's heat 2 or them at that. Supposedly he glued or was supposed to do the prep before the gluing. Either way it was a total embarrasment for him and his tire sponsor. I will say this for him when he had tires he ran really well. As for Xray handling the track the best the entire week or even on Sunday well check the end results. That should tell you how stupid that comment is.

3. For what ever reason Drake kept ding ding around from 6-9 position on Sunday. He would get up to about 2 sec behind 5th then drop back again. He just was not one of the top 5 drivers in his heat period if he was then he would finished in 5th or better. Truhe on the other hand was a beast during the same heat led from start to finish and drove the straightest. What I mean by that as my vantage point was just after the 1st jump from start entering the 1st set of chicanes. Everytime he came throught the same way on the same line well almost everytime. I think he only got marshaled once and even then never lost the lead.

4. During the week I did discover onething there are some drivers there that have no business being there. They could not hold a straight line down the straight made me think how the heck did you get here.

5. Race summary: The best drivers one and were consistant the whole week not in just one heat. The race turned out to be a coup for the little guy. Meaning the guy who has not gotten in to RC'ing yet benefited the most. With the D8 showing that you DO NOT need an expensive ride to win. More people are likely to take up the hobby. Can you see your lhs shop that stocks kyosho, Odonell, Xray, HB, Losi and Mugen. That $850 buggy sitting in its pretty box beside the $380 box that says 2008 WORLD CHAMPION!! No thats not a coup for the little guy thats a coup for RC. In a hobby thats getting out of control on pricing gas and kits we need a market correction. Or our hobby will go the way of the dinosaur as well.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM
rc rock

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

ORIGINAL: Nik.

I just meant that the D8 is not an XTM, or a Hyper 7, or a Duratraxx Raze. Its a purposefully designed and built race car with the intention to race, its not a basher, or a fun car, and you really shouldn't compare it to one.... Could Hara have won with one of those? If it stayed together, and with modifications here and there. Maybe.

PS, thanks for the kind words. and trying to start something

Back t the thread, I think this is pretty good for HotBodies. I mean, the car had a following before but I think this will really help sell it. Hopefully it will put HB out there for more people.

Im not trying to start anything. I just hate it when people bash on other peoples rides. To me their all the same, minus a pound or so. You have to be more clear in your comments, cause it seemed like your bashing XTM. I am loving my XTM product and from riding with my friends, it seems like my XTM holds up the best.

Anyways, back to the thread.
i wasn't bashing hot-bodies, i believe that this was just what the hobby needed. but saying that hara won the worlds with a stock d8 is just not true. he probably had a few brand new cars and just broken in os speeds with him, now which club racer has that kind of parts support???? the d8 has not fully proven itself yet. after ten gallons witha club racer that crashes and runs the same buggy over and over again, then if it still performs as good as new it will have proven itself to me....
Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 AM
REEGSf

HI.
Does anyone actually know what O.S engine Hara was using & what pipe he also used. I suppose the prices of these O.S engine will also sky rocket.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 AM
slayerphonics

it was a v-spec i think,
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

it was a v-spec i think,
Judging by the head color in the pics.. I think it was a Speed.. with the aluminum head.. (white writing on it)
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OS engines that are run at the worlds at the top level are usually not production engines, in many cases they are prototypes or factory tuned specials......Ty tessman's OS Speed had some new silver colored case with a slightly different design.....
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
youwish16

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: rccheech

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt
Oh I forgot, what about the awesome X-ray 808 that is supposed to be so much better than the Losi......
BOOH-YAH!!!!
LOL! In some other forums people were saying they do not care what anybody says, the X-ray looked the best on the track, how it handled, jumped, turn, everything..... Guess that is not the fastest way around the track then.....

Also read some threads elswhere that K-people are saying the worlds do not mean crap and that it was more of a european track with that kind of driver and it why the D8 won. I just love hearing all these excuses!!! Maybe Caster will make it to the Worlds next year and do a upset. A very long shot but we all know anything is possible now with the right driver on the right day!
you mean 2010 worlds only happens every 2 years
Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
RCtruckRacer

What wins on Sundays sells on Mondays, no doubt.

Gratz to Hara for a well desereved win. Hb/HPI put together a great team, and supplied them with a great buggy. I personally believe that this is a good indication that we are close to reaching the end of what engineering can do with the current design of 1/8th buggies. At least without some radical changes. I would love to see this equate to more people getting into racing - this is practically a budget racer compared to some others. Hopefully the lower cost will entice some people to give it a try, whereas before they might have been reluctant to because of the cost.

Yes, you will still need to have a certain amount of disposable income to race at big events (just look at the increasing number of RV's at them), but club racing should be in almost anyone's budget. That is, if RC racing is to maintain any viability in the future.

BTW, I got to see one in person over the weekend at a big regional race. It looked great, though I would add the nut behind the wheel is one of the better local drivers. Nice job Twinkletoes! Here's the vid what got him dat name!

[link=http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/owner/NCZZ10aY4jtrVqK8]Richard T and Dave M[/link]
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
hrdcoreglf

I am glad to see a low cost buggy can hang with the higher cost buggies, but don't make the mistake of thinking that the buggy that came in first was a $350 rtr. Congrats to the winning driver.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 PM
SManMTB

It was a $350 kit LOL.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 PM
youwish16

with a $400 motor! haha
Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
slayerphonics

200 bucks worth in servos,

300 to 400 in radios.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
SManMTB

500 in tires.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
youwish16

so thats like well over $1500 in stuff, all of which was given to him for free. man that must be nice
Old 09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
spikeitaudi

You guys that are adding up costs of Servo, engine, etc... You should have to add that to all the other kits as well. So the RC8, Losi 8ight, Odonnells, Hobao, Kyosho, Mugen, Xray would all have to add the same amount. I think we are just talking about the KIT price itself. And that is bar none cheaper then anything else that was at the world.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
K_B

Don't forget the cost of getting to the race from Japan
Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
sh0wtime

he actually lives in the US for most of the year as he's a regular competitor in ROAR events
Old 09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
viper463

$1500 is not much in this hobby. I had more than that in my first kyosho buggy before engine, tires, radio ect...

Now to anyone else who wants to knock the win of this buggy, quit crying about your hi dollar buggy not winning.. It's a sign of things to come and you all had better get used to it.. Would Hara have won with a different buggy probably, thats not the point he won with that buggy. To all the people who keep saying, well it wasn't stock or $500 motor your point is not valid everyone at the top in the worlds had a $500 motor and I would bet that they all have some modifications to the buggy that makes it not stock. The point that alot of people seem to forget or ignore is that you start with a $400 kit and then modify it you're still going to save money over a kit you spent $600 on before modifications. Now I can hear all of the "well my buggy runs with no modifications" good for you but most of us modify our buggys from time to time, it's what makes this hobby great.. All these companies out there have had a good long run of overcharging consumers and this will help put them all in check. I really don't care what anyone thinks or says about this post. Good racing to all...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

It was a $350 kit LOL.
Looks like it's $390 now.. wow.

Price inflation with the winning of the world's
Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: youwish16

i swear the D8 was $369 yesterday on amain and i looked today and it was $379. is this a sign of what is to come?! btw if you guys are looking to buy one, www.modhobby.com has them for $349!
Mod Hobby went up $20 to $369.99. [X(]
Old 09-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Kemo

wow, it didn't take long for people to pick up on that!

Doesn't sound like it'll stay long at 369.99 since they'll be sellin like hot cakes with a world title.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
firebird78

I think the win is great news...just shows to prove that the more you spend doesnt mean you win....I think alot of it is the driver, how he runs and what he likes...its true the losi and rc8 are proven performers, but that doesnt mean someone with a lower end buggy that knows how to wheel it cant compete or beat them...there is just some people in every form of competition that believe you have to spend a buncha cash to compete...and no matter how often the lil guy wins those people will swear you have to spend the cash....the simple fact is that spending the cash on "THE BEST" doesnt make up for lack of talent!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
ezveedub

Hara car was not stock. He stated a different chassis, different rear shocks with some mods for extending the droop. Also had some lightened or Ti parts on it. As with most pros, they will alter or mods as they see fit.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Jerzferno

Hold on to the this is an affordable kit talk. I know youwish saw this. Youwish, been on Amains site lately. Its up ANOTHER 10 bucks. Thats a 20 dollar increase since yesterday. Here comes the steam roller.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
youwish16

yea i looked today and saw that. its also on backorder there now and its the 2nd top seller on amain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.