Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

HOTBODIES D8 WINS WORLDS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM
eddyeddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOTBODIES D8 WINS WORLDS!!!!!

hmmmm.....

If I had $900 to spend on a buggy what should I get?

A Kyosho or Xray worth aprox. $900?

or

A Caster, Himoto, Acme for $300 and spend $600 on upgrades?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 AM
westphill24

Have you ever read the caster forum? Ive seen people say they did a couple mods but nowhere near $600. I dont care how great your new kit is, eventually you are going to change things out, modify and make it fit your style. The MP9 may have all the hopups needed but it will not be a one size fits all buggy, people will modify it. Oh yeah and Kyosho parts are hard to come by in my area and there probably more expensive than other buggies so its still going to add up.

Not in anyway knocking anyone for buying something they like just making a point.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

word on the street is these D8's are selling like Hot Cakes, at a time when sales usually slump...apparently initial sales are even beyond what was experienced by the LOSI 8......... Major props to HB on their achievement, and it shows you don't always need the most expensive machine to win........... However to date this is the first time such a budget priced machine has won an event like this, this was a major undertaking by HB.... However just because HB has done it does not mean every budget machine is capable of doing it, HB obviously has done some major R+D and smart production methods to pull this off, and with the win at the worlds nobody can argue....... However I still do not see any of the other budget machines even coming close to achieving this level of performance at a major event, just because HOtBodies can provide a world champion $350.00 buggy does not mean every other budget company is capable of the same thing... When Redcat wins a world title they will earn my respect the same way Hotbodies,Mugen,Losi,Kyosho and Xray has.....
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Snaut Rocket

i agree I havent heard any body spending 600 dollars on upgrades with the caster.
Except maybe when they buy a new engine and electronics.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 AM
trackman

theres a storm coming, quick, jack up the gas price, everybody wants it...........oops, wrong thread.

the d8 won the worlds, quick, jack up the price, everybody wants it..............
Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

i agree I havent heard any body spending 600 dollars on upgrades with the caster.

the castor is actually a nice looking product, i was planning to try thier electric buggy...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Jerzferno

Anyone get a look at the new HPI buggy? HPI owns Hot bodeis. I wonder.....................................?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: eddyeddy

hmmmm.....

or

If you think you have to do that many mods on the Caster you are badly mistaken. The quality of the current Casters are up there right along with the big boys and for less money too. If you think they need that many upgrades then please elaborate as to which ones so I can tell you all the other brands need the same too.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

the castor is actually a nice looking product, i was planning to try thier electric buggy...
When you decide , PM me. I got them. Will be trying it out this weekend at a local club race.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
eddyeddy

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

hmmmm.....

or

If you think you have to do that many mods on the Caster you are badly mistaken. The quality of the current Casters are up there right along with the big boys and for less money too. If you think they need that many upgrades then please elaborate as to which ones so I can tell you all the other brands need the same too.

I am not saying that I'm gonna need to spend all $600 on ups (or even $400 on the D8). What I mean is that if I already have $900 available why shouldn't I spend on the top notch buggies?

You may request Saleen to put all the ups needed on a Mustang to catch a Ferrari for a lower total cost. But many who can afford still will be buying a Ferrari.

Lucky ones who can buy a Ferrari. Lucky ones who can buy a MP9.

Lucky we who can't afford it (a Ferrari or a MP9) but can still get a great buggy for a lot less.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

very well put
Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM
madbrad70

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

hmmmm.....

or

I am not saying that I'm gonna need to spend all $600 on ups (or even $400 on the D8). What I mean is that if I already have $900 available why shouldn't I spend on the top notch buggies?

You may request Saleen to put all the ups needed on a Mustang to catch a Ferrari for a lower total cost. But many who can afford still will be buying a Ferrari.

Lucky ones who can buy a Ferrari. Lucky ones who can buy a MP9.

Lucky we who can't afford it (a Ferrari or a MP9) but can still get a great buggy for a lot less.

Very true!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

.... However to date this is the first time such a budget priced machine has won an event like this, this was a major undertaking by HB....
Was not the worlds but the European championship was won by a Hobao Hyper 8.5 last year and at around $400 I consider it a budget buggy. Matter of fact the same driver placed 8th in the worlds this year which in my opinion when running against the top drivers in the world is very respectable.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: 46u

.... However to date this is the first time such a budget priced machine has won an event like this, this was a major undertaking by HB....
Was not the worlds but the European championship was won by a Hobao Hyper 8.5 last year and at around $400 I consider it a budget buggy. Matter of fact the same driver placed 8th in the worlds this year which in my opinion when running against the top drivers in the world is very respectable.

I never thought about the 8.5....very good point But I gotta say Hotbodies pulled an awesome move with the D8...talk about making a splash on opening weekend !
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

[/quote]

I never thought about the 8.5....very good point But I gotta say Hotbodies pulled an awesome move with the D8...talk about making a splash on opening weekend !
[/quote]

I agree !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
A.B.U

Hmm.. Well all these price drops.. A Main has the 808 for only 599.99 now.. hahaha.

and the D8 is now re-in stock and is still, well.. $389.99.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
MX250

ORIGINAL: 46u

I think that the Hyper8.5 is a better platform that the so called Hyper9... I also think that R.Batlle is by far, the best HoBao Racing driver but, I don't think that Batlle will stick around HoBao Racing for next season and I will blame that to the design of the H9... don't be surprise if other HoBao drivers follow him...[]
Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
jonnymac

OK i got to say, congrats to hot bodies.
I'll eat humble pie and say i did not see that coming.
They have however always supplied a reasonable quality buggy at a good price.
Its fair to say though they are not just a cheap no brand buggy as they have the weight of HPI behind them.
I do think its very good for the market in general, as i have always championed some of the more 'reasonably' priced buggies in the past.
A big round of applause to all involved at HB [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
youwish16

yea hotbodies has done pretty good recently

me and a friend were talking about how Hara is running a so called "D8" but its not stock. it has a different chassis, different diffs, different rear shocks and other things. Alot of people will say that his buggy isnt a true D8 but you could say that about another other pro. I bet alot of pros have their buggies outfitted with King Headz everything or Fiorini everything

thats what people do, buy something then slowly upgrade it. if i have a losi with king headz parts all over the place, its still a losi

/end of rant lol
Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 PM
SManMTB

What do you base that statement from? He ran the optional long rear shocks, that's well known but who told you he ran a different chassis and diffs?

Really.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
mtbkym01

HARA was quoted as stating he had a lightened chassis and diffs, no big deal really, still a D8, modified to suit his style, as most racers do
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
SManMTB

OK, lightened is one thing (I can do that with a drill) but longer/shorter is another story. The layout and geometry is still the same as box stock and that's really the point.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
mtbkym01

Yep, agreed. His chassis was aparently just milled out a bit more
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Harvz

So, there is no video of this race?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
INTEGRA

there will be....when Live Rc releases it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.