Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Controlling Oversteer on an MBX5T Prospec Truggy

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Controlling Oversteer on an MBX5T Prospec Truggy

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
atul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controlling Oversteer on an MBX5T Prospec Truggy

Hi All:

I recently purchased a used MBX5T Prospec Truggy. I've powered it with an RB 21 (great engine!). I don't race but run the truggy on an open field (no grass).

I'm essentially new to Cars/Buggies (intermediate flier). The problem I have with the Truggy is Oversteer: the back-end basically wants to come out a little too much when power is applied in a turn.

Can anyone suggest methods to overcome this issue? I'm certain there are several "setup" things one can do to overcome the issue.

Many thanks for any inputs!

Atul

Old 11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Controlling Oversteer on an MBX5T Prospec Truggy

Lower the EPA (end-point-adjustment)
Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
K_B

...or turn down your dual-rate adjustment. As far as suspension goes, you can put some stiffer springs up front I would think.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 PM
atul

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Lower the EPA (end-point-adjustment)
Thanks Chris. I'm new to Truggies: What exactly is "End Point Adjustment"?

Thanks for your help!

atul
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
atul

ORIGINAL: K_B

...or turn down your dual-rate adjustment. As far as suspension goes, you can put some stiffer springs up front I would think.
K_B : By "Dual Rate adjustment", do you mean dual-rates on the Radio (as in an airplane)? Or is "Dual rate" a buggy/truggy specific thing? Just wanted to clarify since I'm new to Cars/buggies/truggies.

For the suspension, I guess heavier oil will do, right? Or is there a different way to adjust the suspension?

Sorry if the questions are super basic!!

Thanks!

Atul

Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
K_B

With these things, there's a million and one ways you can get a desired result. You can use thinner sway bars, maybe thicker oil, maybe a combination of the two, etc. Here's a good read. It's X-ray's Buggy/Truggy setup book. It'll give you an overall idea of what effects what. It's specific to their cars, but the fundamentals are the same no matter what ride you have.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461

Not sure if it's same on a plane but dual-rate is related to EPAs. End point adjustment allows you set how far your servo travels left or right. There is EPA for each. Dual-rate is the same thing but it adjusts the EPA setting for both left and right at the same time. By turning down the dual-rate, you essentially makes the steering less sensitive because the wheels don't travel as far with the same amount of throw as they would if you cranked it all the way up.

Proper radio setup is often overlooked. You should set your EPAs up with the Dual -Rate set to it's maximum so that the wheels turn as far as mechanically possible. This way, when your D/R is at the max, you have maximum steering and vice-versa. Some people forget to max out the dual-rate before adjusting their EPAs and that sets your D/R outta whack.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 AM
atul

Thanks, K_B. I'll get the X-ray book and focus more on the Radio setup!

atl