Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna Hyper 7 PBS/Black TQ

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ofna Hyper 7 PBS/Black TQ

ORIGINAL: huminski

I got a hyper TQ black about a month ago.

I love it.

I have also come to the conclusion that it is indestructable.

I know something will eventually break, but I have bashed the living crap out of this thing, wooden ramps, in the street, ATV pits, gravel pits, etc, and it just won't break. I even let my brother in law, who has never driven an RC car in his life, bash it in my back yard and it still just keeps going. I have done some cartwheels and flips that would place for a medal in the freakin olympics.

You will LOVE the Hyper TQ black.

Have fun!
Thanks for the great review! Just so we are clear on this, what kind of bashing do you do? For some people "hard" bashing might be 5-50ft jumps. I'm usually in around the 20 ft range, whenever I can find a jump to launch me that far...

So just curious just what kind of hell you put this car through, that way I can compare it to the driving style that I have. Man, I'm really getting exited for this new R/C. I was about to make a $100 order on Tower for my Stampede, but I decided against it. I'm just waiting for my time to pounce, then I'm ordering it!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
huminski
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Ofna Hyper 7 PBS/Black TQ

Here's a recent vid I made just messing around in the back yard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPL8wgi6tE&fmt=18
Old 01-25-2016, 05:57 PM
ant88man

how can i tell if my ofna is a pbs or tq because i bought it from someone and he didnt know either
Old 01-26-2016, 03:36 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

always dreamin in this forum somewhere someone said ofna out of business , now hobao is selling the hyper 7 brand i found out it will have a new .30 nitro motor not shure of manufacture of motor,
but will be available some time in February , yes i had a hyper 7 with pbs , pilla ball steering
same as the mugen mbx 5, 6 ,and 7 this is strong set up and has real fast steering ok
good luck mugey
Old 01-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by ant88man
how can i tell if my ofna is a pbs or tq because i bought it from someone and he didnt know either
The main difference is that one has PBS....pivot ball suspension/steering and the other has more conventional C hub....look those terms up on google.....you could post some pictures so we can help.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by mugeyman
always dreamin in this forum somewhere someone said ofna out of business , now hobao is selling the hyper 7 brand i found out it will have a new .30 nitro motor not shure of manufacture of motor,
but will be available some time in February , yes i had a hyper 7 with pbs , pilla ball steering
same as the mugen mbx 5, 6 ,and 7 this is strong set up and has real fast steering ok
good luck mugey
Not dreaming....the new .30 is made in the same place as the .21 and the Macstar .28.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:54 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi anthoop the pbs buggy has ball studs sticking out of the upper and lower front arms you can see these just inside of the wheels on pbs buggys and on mugen mbx 5,6, and 7 buggies ,they are the same , look at some youtube videos of mugen mbx7 and it should look like them if not than you have the C hub type ok mugey

Last edited by mugeyman; 01-27-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: wording
Old 01-28-2016, 07:43 AM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck mugey
Hobao has always made the hyper series OFNA is a importer now Hobao is going to import there cars under there name.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale Gribble
EIGHT RTR is 7.14 pounds, Associated RC8 RTR is 7.41 pounds... Hyper 7 TQ black RTR is 7.7 pounds. I wouldn't consider 4-7% weight difference to be 'A TANK' by any means. The weight differences are not that significant between PBS and C-hub either.

It is a great club racing car and basher, certainly.
Agreed. Its not that much heavier than many of the top manufacturers. These cars are very popular in racing in many of the central and south American countries. The new Hyper VS is getting great results in the racing circuits. I own two(2) Hyper 7's and I love them!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:46 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck mugey
Hobao owns Hyper. Ofna was the USA distributor. They still are but Hobao started their own Ecommerce site to buy direct. They are adding products daily. I love Hypers. I have two 7's and a GT. GT is just like the SS with smaller shocks and shock towers so it can ride on street better. Great street ride, not for competition, its a basher.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Anthoop

hi anthoop the pbs buggy has ball studs sticking out of the upper and lower front arms you can see these just inside of the wheels on pbs buggys and on mugen mbx 5,6, and 7 buggies ,they are the same , look at some youtube videos of mugen mbx7 and it should look like them if not than you have the C hub type ok mugey
it is not me asking.....I have more Hyper 7 of various types than I care to mention.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:00 AM
HoBao Racing Taiwan

Originally Posted by mattster1971
Hobao owns Hyper. Ofna was the USA distributor. They still are but Hobao started their own Ecommerce site to buy direct. They are adding products daily. I love Hypers. I have two 7's and a GT. GT is just like the SS with smaller shocks and shock towers so it can ride on street better. Great street ride, not for competition, its a basher.
Correct, here is the link to HoBao direct http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/home/index/16015.0

We will also have service line for tech support soon.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:49 AM
echthelion

delete
Old 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
echthelion

Originally Posted by HoBao Racing Taiwan
Correct, here is the link to HoBao direct http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/home/index/16015.0

We will also have service line for tech support soon.
are you going to stock 1/10 stuff
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 PM
HoBao Racing Taiwan

Yes definitely, Adding parts on weekly basis. All HoBao parts will be added soon.