Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

What breakes down in losi 8ight 2.0?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

What breakes down in losi 8ight 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
rafalpl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What breakes down in losi 8ight 2.0?

Like in subject. I planed to buy it but ... There are no parts fot losi in Poland.

What breakes down?

I know that i need aftermarket cluth. What more?

Thanks for anwsers.

P.S. I use to drive ofna jammin CR pro (x1 buggy) - it was realy hard to break something, my driving skills still need a lot of practice so write all things that breakes down sometimes, all the time etc.

Rafal
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: What breakes down in losi 8ight 2.0?

where i race everybody has the 2.0 ecxept me and a couple others that race losi . far as i can see its similar the the first losi8 . there are some chages that are surely for the better on the 2.0 yet really not much feedback on the subject . to me i hope that the performance of the 2.0 does not impact steering components as much as the 1.0 . seems like every 2 months I change all steering components xept the aluminum saver arm on my 1.0 .
Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Losi Racer

the new stock towers. the people who have it around my track have broke them and have already upgraded to the thicker style
Old 11-16-2008, 01:54 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Losi Racer

the new stock towers. the people who have it around my track have broke them and have already upgraded to the thicker style

hrmm...cant say i particularly like hearing that.....what level of driver's are these ? A-main guys ? and what tower are you referring to when they are "upgrading"

as far as the weak spots on the losi....there's not too many...there are wear parts that will need attention after a couple gallons.......only parts ive broken were 1 steering knuckle on the trug within the first month of owning it...then Nothing till about 3 month's ago i took out a front arm on the buggy being a Dummie and trying something i Knew i shouldn't...other then that both my 8's have been flawless.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Losi Racer

yea there "A main guys" lol. the owner of our track is actually sponsored by losi. and idk what there upgrading to, i would think the one that comes on the pro kit with the original 8ight, the guy who is sponsored said he is upgading the shock tower by tommrow at close so idk.

other then a clutch issue im having with my 8ight-b and an air leak on my tuggy that i just fixed i havent had many issues. i bought my buggy used and ive replaced/rebuilt almost everythin on it and the stuff i have replaced havent failed
Old 11-16-2008, 05:02 AM
rafalpl

ok so right now i will buy:
- 4x T6 (7075)allu cluth shoes
- new shock towers (could you give me a link to better towers that stock?)
- a lot of cluth bearing ( some guys actually says that them breakes down per 1 race)
- shocks rebuild set (they breakes down all the time)

I have olso seen broken a lot of plastic parts (a-arms, and all "working" stuff)

After cute reading (70 pages about losi) i start to think about mugen mbx6....
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 AM
djmc

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW. I HAVE HAD MY 8IGHT 2.0 SINCE THE DAY IT CAME OUT, AND HAVE GOT 2.5 GALLONS THROUGH IT. SO LAST WEEK I FULLY DISASSEMBLED IT AND DIDNT SEE ANY EXCESSIVE WEAR AND (KNOCK ON WOOD) HAVENT BROKEN OR BENT ANYTHING. THE CAR HAS WORKED FLAWLESS. SAME CLUTCH BEARINGS AND ALL. THE CAR HAS DIFFINATELY IMPROVED MY LAP TIMES, AND CAN NOTICE AN IMPROVEMENT IN HANDLING AT OUR LOCAL BLOWN OUT PUBLIC TRACK. SO JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT SOME OF THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT ARE PROBLY DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE, KNOWLEGE OR SKILL.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 AM
razzor

dont see a need to change the clutch setup other than to run 2 ally and 2 carbon.
the local Losi guys get plenty life and great performance with only teh truggy guys having occassional wear issues.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 AM
rafalpl

i dont wanna say anything but every losi 2.0 from "a guys" have about 200 usd in allu parts and about another 100 in hopups. Standard losi 2.0 needs a lot of money. I decided to buy asso RC8 FT. All from me.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: rafalpl

i dont wanna say anything but every losi 2.0 from "a guys" have about 200 usd in allu parts and about another 100 in hopups. Standard losi 2.0 needs a lot of money. I decided to buy asso RC8 FT. All from me.

huh ? the 2.0 does not need any alum upgrades...but like any truck they need the small things....adjutable toe plates.....alum servo saver arm.......alum steering horn...these are standard things 99.9% of guys use for insurance.....have fun with your Rc8.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
rafalpl

ok so i will countthings that losi 8ight owned by truhe, drake, and other amain guys)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16535

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16536

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13553

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13549

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11586

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11756

and more ... if i can count it is 186,20 $.... wow and those are parts with i saw on photos from 2008 IFMAR Worlds (source neobuggy)

To drive it on polish track with is .... dont wanna comment i need to spend about next 200 $ on upgrades.

Losi is great but it price and other stuff price ...

I have choosen my own car with is ae rc8 + go 7 port (gold one) + ace serwos + byron+ lipo + dynamite pipe and other stuff.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
INTEGRA

Nor drake or Truhe run alum spindles or carrier's....so there's 84$ off the list.....do you honestly think the Rc8 is any different as far as needing Minor tweeks to suite each driver differently.....there's 150$ in KH essentials for the Rc8 aswell....but im not gonna post them as you'll find out eventually im sure.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
rafalpl

1 of losi drivers on worlds:

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...bum=137&pos=65

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...bum=137&pos=64

I don't want to prove anything, and waste time but losi needs that 180 anyway.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Redcat_Mike

actually, most losi guys run the aluminum spindles, including Truhe. Not sure bout Drake,

but none of these parts are required. The car works exactly the same with or without all of these parts (minus the spindles, which give more steering throw)

Last i checked Maifield runs parts on his RC8 that aren't stock as well (RC8T rear tower anyone??)
Old 12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
mabuecker

alum steer horn and saver arm. thats it man. id run it with those 2 things only. truhe& and all the rest of the losi gang would agree is a good spot to start with either 1.0 or 2. i can buy a 2.0 right now for 500 and with the horn and arm$20 be good }"gauranteed" 2 gallons no doubt!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
INTEGRA

there is No difference in Steering throw on the alum knuckles/carriers to the stock plastic.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 AM
rafalpl

i have seen all photos form wordls and asso RC8 have 2 changes from stock. 1st - sometimes they use RC8T shock tower in real, 2nd they are using sometimes allu upper plate. Nothing more. Light me up if i am wrong.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:29 AM
djmc

[link]http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcgal/displayimage.php?pid=10579&fullsize=1[/link]

LOTS OF MODS AND UPGRADES, BUT STILL WONT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL WIN A RACE. YOU CAN SPEND ALL THE MONEY YOU WANT BUT IT STILL WONT MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: rafalpl

i have seen all photos form wordls and asso RC8 have 2 changes from stock. 1st - sometimes they use RC8T shock tower in real, 2nd they are using sometimes allu upper plate. Nothing more. Light me up if i am wrong.

If you only had a clue. [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Redcat_Mike

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

there is No difference in Steering throw on the alum knuckles/carriers to the stock plastic.

wrong.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Redcat_Mike

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

wrong.

prove it.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Redcat_Mike

I have =]

Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
McFly505

Oh brother, another can of worms........

Put it this way....

How many A Main guys do you see upside down frequently enough to break a shock tower?

All of these cars/trucks have weak points.

I'm die hard AE, but I like the way the 8ight 2.0 handles on the track and have seriously thought about buying one, as well as an MBX6, or an MP9.
I've even considered the OD buggy.

Point is that they all have weak points that need to be addressed.

Back on topic.......

There are several 8ight 2.0's running at the local tracks and I have yet to see anyone break anything, including the B main guys.

Scott
Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
mabuecker

i have seen sponsered losi drivers mess around with the aluminum knuckles/carriers and gaurenteed they have a set but as for them being needed. no way lol believe me. i have every concievable aluminum part(bought most used)as does about a dozen+ guys that are in this forum. they are both the same mold only one is plastic and the is aluminum, thats the only difference. travel is the same lol. if it was different then it would be widely known and none of us would be the 1st to know. i have heard read and seen people discuss the travel while they try these knuckles, but if you check therm shortly after they always go back to plastic, iv seen it done several times
Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Redcat_Mike

the mold is different, but im not trying to argue. Most people would never be able to tell the difference, But there is one. I've discussed it in length with many knowledgable people. (billy fischer, casey peck)

But its ok, if you dont want to believe me, i encourage you to go test it for yourself.

You can see a difference in rub points on the wheel from rubbing on the button head carrier screw, and as well as some other points on the arm, that you cant see with plastic spindles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.