Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

CORR Truck/Conversion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Clymer122693

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CORR Truck/Conversion thread

Still Need to mach up some bumpers and get some Knock off Badlands or something off of ebay.

Its a Ofna MBX R2 w/HPI K4.6
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
madbrad70

Are you guys using a truggy chassie with buggy arms and diffs or is that just the buggy chassie ?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM
IloveMYxt2

stock buggy chassis
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Clymer122693

Buggy chassis' are a perfect fit for the SC10 and slash bodies. If we used truggy chassis we would only be able to use the sc8 body and that isn't cheap.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
aaron2u
My Feedback: (2)

I've posted this on a couple other message boards... But, here she is... Can't wait to put it back together!

For now I don't know what to call it, so I'll probably just slam some Mugen and Associated decals together for MBXSC6.

The build was relatively straight forward, only took a little while to do some body mounts. No cage for now... The MBX6 and MBX6t's are amazingly universal as the suspension bolts right on the chassis cause they use the same gear boxes, arm holders, etc. Even the mounts for the chassis stiffeners line right up, again, using the truggy pieces. The footprint for the fuel tank is exactly the same, but I opted for the truggy tank for it being a little larger. Of course I had to use the truggy center universals, and should have used the servo linkage, but instead I just flopped the servo where the gear is in front instead of the rear in the buggy. Radio wise, that was the only mod aside from clearancing the front servo tray mount at the bottom for the servo lead, otherwise the entire radio box drops right in. The rear arm downstops hit the chassis perfectly, but the fronts miss it entirely... Might have to limit internally.

I'll get pics of the mounts later, but for the most part, she's ready to drive! The setup is what I was racing my buggy at, so I'm sure I'll have to stiffen up the suspension.

Another interesting note about everything mounting universally, is that if it handles like a complete turd, I'm not too far away from mounting up the remaining parts to fully convert it to a truggy!

So far, the only regret is mounting the body about 1/4 inch too far forward. Instead of cutting the body or drilling new holes, I'm probably just going to throw some uptravel limiters in the shocks. The body trimmed on Associated's lines is about 1/4 inch above the chassis guards in the front, and about 1/2 inch at the back of the guard.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
redlined_b16a

Hyper 7 PBS,Proline Hardcore body,Custom 3/16 aluminum skid

Old 01-13-2010, 07:36 AM
highlandgrip

I originally posted this in the MT2 thread since I didn't know this one existed so here it goes......

I’ve always liked the look of the short course/baja race trucks, and with the short course trucks being the recent rage, I’ve decided to convert my MT2 into one. I’ll list what I’ve done/purchased so far and update this thread if any of you are interested or would like to do the same.

I took my truck down the LHS and tried on a few bodies, tire/wheel combos, and measured up some front and rear bumpers. I decided to go with the HPI Blitz wheel/tire combo since they’ll fit if you use the 12mm Blitz hex nut. Out of the different bodies I tried, the SC8 fit the best based on the stock wheelbase of the truck. I was able to get the wheels/tires for $29.99, the hex nuts for $5.98 and the body for $25 off ebay (I know, I should support my LHS, but their price on the wheels/tires alone were over $50!).

In the first pic, the body is set on the truck with the stock wheel/tire set up. Obviously it doesn’t look right. Next pic is with the Blitz tire/wheel combo. It looks a little better but the wheelbase just doesn’t look quite right. After doing some measuring, I was able to see that if I extended the wheelbase by 1.25â€, the tires would center up in the fender openings. So, how was this going to happen? I sat there turning the truck around, looking at it from different angles and decided that the easiest thing to do would be to relocated the rear dif assembly back 1.25â€, but the question was, how would I make up the difference in the rear main shaft length?

After I pulled the rear assembly off, I laid the driveshaft on the table and I was playing around with the suspension when one of the dogbones fell out. I set it next to the rear shaft and decided to measure it, 1.25†longer!! Problem solved! I was able to put the dogbone in and mock-up the location for the rear dif assembly. I flipped the stock hex nuts and slid them on the axle so the new wheels would seat and I could check out how it sat. That’s the next pic, and the wheels line up very nicely in the fender openings.
The last pic of the bodies is for comparison, and as you can see, this is going to make the MT2 look quite a bit larger than the stock look.

So my next task is to fabricate a new chassis. I’m still up in the air on that trying to decide if I’m going to go with aluminum or carbon fiber (colored maybe). The last pic that you see is an example of a roll cage (made for a Slash) that I may use to fabricate for the MT2. I will also be fabricating front and rear bumper with skid plates.

If you have an interest, comments, or suggestions on this post, let me know and I’ll update the progress. It won’t be too fast, cause I’m broke and I’ll be making most of it. [&o]

EDIT: Pics 2 and 3 are reversed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53976.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1355275   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43413.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1355276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68609.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1355277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq43875.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1355278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xj62994.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1355279  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM
lez1troubles

The traxxas slash actualy has a VW beatle body, does anyone think that it will fit on a 1/8 scale buggy??? I hope so, as it will help my buggy land back on its wheels after a roll and I like the Baja style for looks.[8D]
Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 AM
lez1troubles

Highlandgrip, that role cage looks great, did you make it yourself??? if so, what tubes did you use???
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Kowitz

ORIGINAL: Maj_Overdrive

ORIGINAL: hrdcoreglf

I thought CORR trucks were 2WD. They look like buggies with truck bodies to me.
Real CORR trucks have 2wd (pro2) and 4wd (pro4) classes. RC CORR racing is only a 2wd class, but the bodies for 1/10 CORR trucks fit perfectly on a 1/8 buggy. And yes that's what has been done here, because we like the look.

My E-powered Ofna Ultra conversion

I REALLY like this. I may do this with my ofna buggy, and get another 1/8 later for actual buggy use.

What did y'all do for the suspension, or did you leave it stock?(It looks like it is sitting higher) And are there specific body posts I need to buy?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats my old, old Ofna Ultra series buggy pictured above. It sits higher because the downtravel limiters are not being used. The a-arms are actually hitting the chassis (where the limiters would) on the downstroke, and the Badlands tires I have on it in that pic are a little taller than most buggy tires too. Otherwise there are no suspension mods, and none are really needed. My only recommendation is have the tires you want to run on hand when you set the height of the body, so you can check tire to body clearance at full suspension compression.

As for body posts, it depends. I find T-Maxx/Revo body posts easy to use for the front. Just use longer shock screws and attach them there. I was able to use the stock wing mount, just had to adjust the angle, but t-maxx/revo body posts could be used on the rear shock tower too. If you have to buy body posts, get the extended ones, you can always cut them down.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Kowitz

My buggy is also an Old Ultra I believe! So this is great.

Only thing that has been changed on my buggy is the previous owner put a rear shock tower on the front, and he replaced the motor with a Orion Force .21
Old 01-15-2010, 04:51 AM
highlandgrip

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Highlandgrip, that role cage looks great, did you make it yourself??? if so, what tubes did you use???
No, it's just an example of one I found on the net and an idea of what I'm wanting to do.
I do think the tubing is 5/16 though.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:31 AM
lez1troubles

Thanks Highland, I would like to put the VW Baja Buggy body on my MP7.5 and a Beach Buggy body on my MP777, it'll be cooool.[8D]
Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 AM
lez1troubles

Does anybody know if the PARMA bodies will fit our 1/8 scale buggies. They have bodies for the Traxxas Slash and I'm hoping they will fit. The beach buggy and VW Beatle bodies.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
highlandgrip

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Does anybody know if the PARMA bodies will fit our 1/8 scale buggies. They have bodies for the Traxxas Slash and I'm hoping they will fit. The beach buggy and VW Beatle bodies.
Just an idea: measure, or get the specs on your wheelbase and the slash and see how close it is. I know that my 1/10 scale truck has to be stretched 1.25" to get the sc10 body on it and the sc8 body is not that much bigger. You tell in those pics I posted how much bigger the body is vs. the stock.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Agarabaghi

Sc8 wheels have 17mm hexs and will fit any 2.2 / 3.0 sc tire out there on the market. for the person who was wondering...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
roozterdvx

here's my OFNA 9.5 Violator...

JConcepts SVT Raptor body
AKA wheels
Proline Badlands
Jammin SCRT bumpers

Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
roozterdvx

I beat the crap out of this thing and it just asks for more...lol
I even built a personal track for me and my buddies on a vacant lot next to my house.

I bought an airbrush last week and painted up a new body for it but haven't mounted it yet.
What do you guys think?...

Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job, especially for a 1st attempt!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 AM
roozterdvx

Thanx.