Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
slednut87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7

I just got two Hyper 7's from my younger brother friend. I know nothing about them so any info would be great. they are in a few pieces but the newer one (i think) is hardly used. The guy i got them from didn't really have a clue how to run them so he gave up. I traded him some old speakers and amps for a jato 3.3 with four tanks through it and these two things. So what is their too know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22765.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1194183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65781.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1194184  
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
FASTLOUD

Default RE: Hyper 7

You only have 1 hyper 7 in those pics. the car w/ blue & yellow appears to be an ultra lx1 or something else from the ultra series. you'll want to inspect the diffs, the clutch shoes & bearings, buy a new glow plug. you can get the manuals fo them online [link]http://www.ofna.com/manuals.html[/link]. the manuals should have your carb settings listed. the hyper 7 are great buggies. theyre an old design but very durable, and are also decent racers. the lx1 u might want to sell or trade for more hyper 7 parts IMO. hope this helps a little. i wasnt sure exactly what u need to know
Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
slednut87

Yup, at least i know what i got now , They will be my project after my jato i think.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:47 PM
A.B.U

I'd get that Hyper 7 up and running first. I'd make it my "project"

It'd be more fun in the long run.. JMO.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
slednut87

Well i got the Hyper 7 back together and running. It took some a little bit to get back together with missing some bolts and all. some fresh fuel and new glow plug it runs like a champ. the only think is i need a new o-ring in the fuel tank cap. any one know where i can get one?
Thanks